This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone, my name is Daniel and I am here to learn and try to fix some stuff.

Comment

Hi all, hope everyone is OK. Looking forward to browsing the forum and learning new stuff.

Comment

Gidday to all members,

I am just another tech junkie getting my kicks from finding fixes and hacks to everything and anything. My background is Mechanical Engineer and been working in that field pulling things apart before I could walk lol better now I remember how to put things back together and not hide it in my cupboard for the parents to find and await a arse whooping haha.
        Well that was many years ago and I am not too far from being 37 and have a lounge room full of electronic things which is rework stations and screws on the floor along with many other components that tend to fly across the room and probably will continue doing so until I find a pair of tweezers that actually hold onto the bloody thing hahaha

Also I am very new in learning component level repair with PCB stuff and also love to learn how to program things and just bought the arduino and a heap of other components for making repairs (mostly smd stuff) also bought my first capacitor meter (ESR70 gold) still trying to figure that thing out as I am ADHD and well who needs instructions right? Lol think that ended up in the bin about the day I tore open the box

So I am currently tearing apart my BMW e90 in the driveway putting in a new pair of struts as I feel like I am in one of those Mexican cars where the front bounces up and down hahaha these Aussie roads are not built for those cars as there are wayyyy too many potholes and speed bumps for that kinda caper lol

Well I hope I have posted in the right spot and hope to get to see and hear from more this site and it's members.

Big thanks to Topcat for starting this forum wayyyy back in October of 2003 and here nearly 20 years later it remains and allows me to get all of the 20 years in knowledge that is available to dig through for learning and helping to solve the problems I run into not to mention spend more of my money that I don't have with all the new project ideas I'm about to come up with hahaha
        BTW Topcat I guess you must be the definition of the colour pink after being tickled in pink after all of the years the site has not flopped? Congrats on the success mate.

Lastly I got to the site from a link on a YouTube video I was watching through Richard at Learn Electronic Repairs but I didn't see his badcaps username so I did not get to enter it in upon joining (sorry champ) but thanks for the best referral I'll find most useful for the future ahead

Take care and looking forward to participating with you all

Cheers Nathan aka Wild-Childs

Comment

Hello, friends! I come from China, and I am a computer notebook maintenance personnel. I am very happy to meet you here.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm Dan from the UK. I'm an IT Consultant by trade, trying to sort a laptop which has been given to me without a BIOS password

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm Rob, and I'm here to find info on Sony Tv's! Mine both work, but one is sulking a bit! Lots of info here.

Comment

Hello everyone! After all these years I finally decided to join badcaps. I'm a try-hard hardware enthusiast and have been doing repairs for the last eight years. Although I somewhat have decent knowledge about hardware, I always achieve to get myself into situations that no one ever mentioned on the internet. So here I am to get and give knowledge and to share my collection of rare BIOS bin files.

Comment

Hello from Lilburn, GA USA. For some reason a speedometer is the impetus for this new-found curiosity for electronics. Happy to meet everyone!

Comment

Hi, my name is Adella and I am mom of 2

Comment

Hello Guys,

Im new here. Im young electronician with lot of knowledge to build and fell recently into the goal of building my first pc with broken devices that i will repair and proudly mount into my first build. The road is difficult but it's what is enjoyable at the end.

Comment

Hello, Im new italian user

Comment

Hello,

My name is Ion, I'm a romanian and I'm a passionate it engineer
                          Thanks all for having me on this forum

Comment

Hello from PA. Stumbled upon this page while woring on a tv. Very glad to have found it.

Comment

Hello from VA, I'm here to try and learn how to repair a 2019 Fame 65" TV

Comment

Hello I'm from Italy and I want to try to bypass activation lock from my Macbook Air 2020 - A2179!
                                Thanks

Comment

Hi Everyone. Im Corey from Melbourne Australia. This is my first and only membership to a tech and IT forum. Its great to be here. Im here to learn everything I can about repairing macs. My first mac - a Macbook Pro 2012 was purchased in 2012 and it just had its first hardware problem this year. So after opening it up, Ive realised i love trying to repair macs. So here I am.

Comment

Hello guys! my name's Edward, glad to be here! Hope to learn lots and maybe, in time, give back to the community, cheers!

Comment

Hello,
                                      My name is Jim, from Port Saint Lucie, Florida, USA. I am not very forum savvy - it took me 5 minutes of clicking and searching to find the new message thread. I am an old dog but do catch on quick. Anyhow, thanks for letting me join. I am a and like to spend some of my time research, learn, and fixing electronics.

Comment

Hello,
                                        I am Tarsi, and I'm here to learn and maybe help!

Comment

Hi, I am Manuel, from Venezuela living in Aruba.
                                          I have been working with computer since 1995 when I got my firs 386SX and started to love computer hardware, but never got interest in the electronic part of the computer.
                                          Today after 27 years I started to learn motherboard repair since I started to work as an outsourcing for a electrinics shop, I got an Macbook pro that has no light in the macsafe and looking for solutions I found this forum, wich I hope will help me to find the cause of the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                          X