macbook pro 15 late 2013 shutdown problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

macbook pro 15 late 2013 shutdown problem

hi all, got this macbook that come with a 45 watt charger. i told the owner to replace it with a genuine 85 watt to check if the shutdown were caused by bad psu power, but the owner didnt want to spent the money if macbook had some other problem related to the mainboard. after some try, i see that notebook shut down even with battery. i did so a log aout last shutdown error and he got 2 main error code: -104 and -128 with one is related to bad battery and one to general failure. i googled a bit and discovered that many user with 2013-2014 macbook were getting the same shutdown like this one.. initial black screen, fan spin at higher rpm and then it shut down. they write that deleting, or renaming the apple thunderbolt kext solved the issue. at first i disabled only one kext "AppleThunderboltNHI.kext" , but was stil lgetting sd (shutdown). i then renamed all thunderbolt kext and now pc is just working fine.

im posting it here, because would like to know if someone know why we get that error? thunderbolt problem on mainboard ?have ot look for something on the machine or it's just some software problem ?

they write that also connecting one external hdd or external thunderbolt pheripheric to the mac make it not crash annymore.

macbook got the thermal compound already cleaned and replaced.

Re: macbook pro 15 late 2013 shutdown problem

https://logi.wiki/index.php/A1398_Common_issues
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Re: macbook pro 15 late 2013 shutdown problem

thank you for reply, ive seen already the video telling us to replace the 3 cpu mosfet, but didnt know if that was correlated with the thunderbolt problem. it didnt have nvidia graphics, so it's not vga ic problem.

but on video it tell it has problem from waking from sleep or kernel panic, but in this case pc was shutting down.

Comment

Working...
      X