BIOS Chip location on HP Elitebook 840 G6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIOS Chip location on HP Elitebook 840 G6

I have an 840 G6 and need to remove the BIOS password.

If I have read correctly this can be removed by editing the 32Mb BIOS chip.

I believe I have located this BIOS chip (refer to image) but would like to know for sure the location of the two BIOS chips on this board.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: BIOS Chip location on HP Elitebook 840 G6

Originally posted by mrattitude View Post
    I have an 840 G6 and need to remove the BIOS password.

If I have read correctly this can be removed by editing the 32Mb BIOS chip.

I believe I have located this BIOS chip (refer to image) but would like to know for sure the location of the two BIOS chips on this board.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    the picture is not really good, but as you can see it looks like a bios chip ..
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

It does look like a BIOS chip, I was looking for the location of both BIOS chips for this board. Its a 256Mb chip - so I am guessing it is the wrong chip.

There are several posts from members who have backed up both, I was hoping one of these members would have replied - with the location of both of these chips.

Comment

Trying to Locate the Bios Chip as well, Were you able to find it. thanks

Comment

@mrattitude and crosshairsv any luck finding the other bios chip beside the 256MB chips? Please post your update.

Comment

Originally posted by biedubbeljoe View Post
            @mrattitude and crosshairsv any luck finding the other bios chip beside the 256MB chips? Please post your update.
            Bios Chip Location

1. Near Dimm socket : 32 MB ( Top Side )
            2. Near nuvoton chip : 16 MB ( Bottom Side )
            Attached Files

Comment

HP Elitebook 840 G6 bios flash

Hi,

I have a CH341A programmer with software. I tried to read the above bios chip. I have two questions:

1. The bios is a MX25L25673G chip which is not detected. Anyone who has done a successful read?

2. I only found the above bios chip, but most have two chips to read. I did a search on the board, but only found the MX25L25673G bios chip. Can someone help me acknowledge if this is the only chip I need to try to reset the forgotten password.

Thanks!

Comment

I am wondering if anyone figured this out? Looking at the insides of an Elitebook 840 G6, I see the MX25L25673G next to the dimm2 socket. Is this the IC that should be flashed in case of forgotten admin password? Or should I look for another IC?

Comment

Hi for ch341a programmer you better use colibri or neoprogrammer they support more chips.

2 question mostly the pasword is saved in the main bios.

For 3 programma is programma that works to unlock bios just drag the bios image and use tool in the same folder and will unlock your bios.

Good luck

Regards Steve
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have desoldered the main bios chip, the mx25l25673g, and used hpunlocker on its contents, then cleared the chip and flashed and verified the "unlocked" bin. However, bios screen shows: "enter password". Did I do something wrong?

Comment

Update: I have also desoldered the small BIOS chip on the bottom of the motherboard, read its content, used HPUnlocker on the BIN, cleared the chip. and flashed the new BIOS to the chip. When rebooting the laptop, BIOS still asks for password...

Comment

Originally posted by Xmarks View Post
                        Update: I have also desoldered the small BIOS chip on the bottom of the motherboard, read its content, used HPUnlocker on the BIN, cleared the chip. and flashed the new BIOS to the chip. When rebooting the laptop, BIOS still asks for password...
                        Using RC Unlocker for 16MB chip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                        Thanks to all supporters.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Working...
                        X