Database of UPS inverter output waveforms @ HWI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Database of UPS inverter output waveforms @ HWI

Got three more APC units (BK650EI, SU620INET, SMT750RMI2U).
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

And one more, the SUA2200I.
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Nice!

I never EVER look at the output of any inverter, unless it bears a Pure Sine Wave claim and I'm running inductive loads, for the same reasons that I don't routinely examine septic tank efficiency. Cuz eww.

If you're looking for a decent UPS: my UPS is a Xantrex PROsine 2500 with 0/1 cables running through the wall to an outdoor steel cabinet full of Walmart truck batteries. It outputs a sine wave (if it's isolated during measurement) even at its safety trip point of 118VAC 29+ amps which is substantially more than its rated 2500W. It can (and has) run my PC, monitor, Asterisk server, network, and rework station, for 4 days straight. It didn't turn on its cooling fans until power was back and it had to recharge all those batteries. Those Xantrex guys sell the good stuff.

I also just got a "UNGE" sine wave inverter from the wee folk in Shenzhen. $130 means I didn't expect it to really produce 600W sine waves. I was wrong. This thing outperforms its specs by a bit less than 15% (I pushed it until it just started to clip, then backed off a little). It did that for two hours w/o overheating. It uses squirrely parts, and I'll be replacing those in a few years, but this might be a Xantrex Killer. Add two $20 Advance Auto economy car batteries and I get a 600W sine wave UPS that can run for hours for only $170.
        When testing electrolytic catzappers, you should always wear an OSHA approved safety squint.
        - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

OMG, not this crap again?! I don't want no car accumulator BS in my thread. Car accumulator belongs to car.

Comment

why?

Comment

Cause, well…car? ᗡ-:

Comment

At least get trolling accumulators...
                (hmm, was this supposed to be a double entendre post?)

Comment

I do that since 2011 without any problems.

Comment

Added the BR1200G.

Comment

New garbage Eaton, 5E1500IUSB.

Comment

APC SUA1000I's been finally added

Comment

Also the good ol' SU1400INET.

Comment

Ancient BK400EC added. I've also started measuring inverter efficiency (at least roughly for some general idea) under full load, where possible, this has also been added for the BK650EI.

Comment

I've added one more Eaton unit (what a garbage!) and couple APC efficiency measurements.

Comment

More measurements of different values of units already in the DB have been added over the year, and also the ol' APC Smart-UPS 900.

Comment

HP T750 G2, Eurocase EA620 and Riello NDG 200 measurements have been added. Hopefully none of that will get lost with more migrations etc. as the Smart-UPS text got :-o

Comment

Couple more units added lately, including pretty shameful CyberPower BU600E.

Comment

Working...
                                    X