• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Thinkcentre M93P bios

bios dump attached
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo Thinkcentre M93P i5 4590t 2GHz

The rar you posted has 4 files,all 8MB,all identical. The M93p comes with either a single bios chip or 2. Yours has 2 (12MB split across 2 X chips, 8MB + 4MB),i assume you want your bios fixing ? ,you havn`t said what you want. Post the other 4MB dump ,and the machine Type e.g. type 10A8, 10A9 .
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-07-2020, 05:29 AM.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi

I need the lot patched so I can remove the supervisor password. Is there a 2nd bios chip?

Comment

Yes as i said in post #2, there`s 2. Havn`t you tried resetting the CMOS jumper - see page 105 in the manual https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...35700c673d.pdf
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Cheers mate, jumper worked mint!!

Comment

lenovo thinkcentre m93p turn on with no video

hi guys i have these lenovo with board code IS8X1T VER 1.1 , before it use to beeps 3 times and one long beep , after i reprogram bios if not beeping anymore , i has 3 bios, the 1kb bios i forget to save it, antway it doesnt have any schematic out there , i save 2 original bios 4mb and 8 mb the 1kb forget to save it, righ now is not beeping anymore it only turn on and no video at all, i try vinafix 3 bios and it didnt work, does anyone know what could be problem, i dont see any burn, or nothing is getting hot temperature, cpu gets normal temperature also pch gets normal temperature..
            here is original bios 4mb and 8 mb
            https://mega.nz/file/qc1lBAyZ#fQKLoR...uIX5Sryjo97j1w

https://mega.nz/file/CQ1BhYJS#jCo1Fh...-65bid_V8UcZkA

Comment

Re: lenovo thinkcentre m93p turn on with no video

ok guys 4mb bios is not the same one as vinafix 4mb bios i return the 4mb bios to the ic and now i have 2 short beeps continuously any idea

Comment

Re: lenovo thinkcentre m93p turn on with no video

Originally posted by jonny0404 View Post
                ok guys 4mb bios is not the same one as vinafix 4mb bios i return the 4mb bios to the ic and now i have 2 short beeps continuously any idea
                Try these, flash both the 8 and 4MB .The EC is included too if you can flash that.

EDIT: Removed FBCT32A_EC ,see post #17

M93p Desktop (ThinkCentre) - Type 10AA
                Attached Files
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-12-2022, 02:16 PM.

Comment

thank you friend.

Comment

please my m93p 10A8 bios files need, it has 8mb and 4mb data on it which i dump,
                    it always stuck on bios post recovery could not help . i need the bios bin files.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim560 View Post
                      please my m93p 10A8 bios files need, it has 8mb and 4mb data on it which i dump,
                      it always stuck on bios post recovery could not help . i need the bios bin files.
                      Your machine type uses the same FBKTDFA bios as the ones at post #8 . You can try them or post your backups if you want your own DMI adding (serial,windows key )

Comment

m93p bios needed

please my lenovo m93p stuck on bios screen, i need the bios bin file to flash it with ch341a .help help help help. the type of machine model is 10A8 SERIAL is mj011jaz it has 8mb and 4mb data on it which i recovered it.MICRON N25Q032A and MICRON N25Q064A

Comment

Please i need lenovo m93p bios bin files

lenovo m93p is8xm rev 1.0 bios bin
                          this is my backup file
                          Attached Files

Comment

Will lenovo m93p 10AA bin files in post #8 work on 10AB? Just bought one and it boots with 2 short beeps and no video out. I guess I need to flash the bios

Comment

Originally posted by yc5775 View Post
                              Will lenovo m93p 10AA bin files in post #8 work on 10AB? Just bought one and it boots with 2 short beeps and no video out. I guess I need to flash the bios
                              Yes .

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/p...me=BIOS%2FUEFI
                              https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/t.../fbjye0usa.txt

FBKTxxA is the binary image. (BIOS)
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-20-2022, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Hi.
                                I have a Thinkcentre M93 type 10A2 with board type IS8XM rev. 1.0 that seems to be bricked. As soon as I connected the power cable the fans would spin fast there was neither video not beeps.
                                Months ago I read someone had a computer with the same problems as mine and he said he solved it by flashing the EC eeprom with a different padding. I tried this and dumped the EC eeprom, which turned out to be FBCT13A and wrote it back padded with "00" instead of "FF". This didn't solve the problem and I left the computer alone until last week.
                                Last week I desoldered the two bios chips of size 8MB and 4MB, I dumped them and then flashed the bin files posted in #8. This apparently brought the computer back to life but with strange behavior like turning on as soon as the power cable is connected and then turning on and off, by powering down with the power button and then powering it on again the computer would finally look for devices to boot from. If turned on without memory or keyboard a series of loud beeps could be heard. The BIOS screen reported the BIOS revision level as "FBKTDFAUS", the Boot Block revision level as "FBDFA" and the Embedded Controller version as "INVALID".
                                I connected a HDD with FreeBSD I had lying around and it booted, I didn't do much testing with it before removing it though. Thinking that I had to have a more recent EC to fix the problem I created a bootable FreeDOS USB key and copied the Lenovo tools in a subdirectory so that they wouldn't auto run on boot. I booted the USB key and ran the command "SPI042 FBCT32A.bin /V 32A" but it told me that the version didn't need to be flashed. I also tried the command without the "/V 32A" option but the computer froze before erasing the chip. Finally I removed the EC eeprom chip and flashed it with the FBCT32A.bin file, padded with "FF".
                                This seems to have bricked the computer again. When power is connected the fan starts really fast but a second later it goes into medium speed. Also, when turning on the computer with the power button a very faint beep can be heard, much softer than before.
                                What should I try to do next?
                                I'm attaching the dump of both BIOS chips and the EC chip.
                                Thank you.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sniffchic View Post
                                  Hi.
                                  I have a Thinkcentre M93 type 10A2 with board type IS8XM rev. 1.0 that seems to be bricked. As soon as I connected the power cable the fans would spin fast there was neither video not beeps.
                                  Months ago I read someone had a computer with the same problems as mine and he said he solved it by flashing the EC eeprom with a different padding. I tried this and dumped the EC eeprom, which turned out to be FBCT13A and wrote it back padded with "00" instead of "FF". This didn't solve the problem and I left the computer alone until last week.
                                  Last week I desoldered the two bios chips of size 8MB and 4MB, I dumped them and then flashed the bin files posted in #8. This apparently brought the computer back to life but with strange behavior like turning on as soon as the power cable is connected and then turning on and off, by powering down with the power button and then powering it on again the computer would finally look for devices to boot from. If turned on without memory or keyboard a series of loud beeps could be heard. The BIOS screen reported the BIOS revision level as "FBKTDFAUS", the Boot Block revision level as "FBDFA" and the Embedded Controller version as "INVALID".
                                  I connected a HDD with FreeBSD I had lying around and it booted, I didn't do much testing with it before removing it though. Thinking that I had to have a more recent EC to fix the problem I created a bootable FreeDOS USB key and copied the Lenovo tools in a subdirectory so that they wouldn't auto run on boot. I booted the USB key and ran the command "SPI042 FBCT32A.bin /V 32A" but it told me that the version didn't need to be flashed. I also tried the command without the "/V 32A" option but the computer froze before erasing the chip. Finally I removed the EC eeprom chip and flashed it with the FBCT32A.bin file, padded with "FF".
                                  This seems to have bricked the computer again. When power is connected the fan starts really fast but a second later it goes into medium speed. Also, when turning on the computer with the power button a very faint beep can be heard, much softer than before.
                                  What should I try to do next?
                                  I'm attaching the dump of both BIOS chips and the EC chip.
                                  Thank you.
                                  I also had the problem with wrong flashing wrong EC firmware and seems your EC dump has actually helped me bring the computer back to life.
                                  I have researched the problem for some time with much trial and error and there are my conclusions:
                                  1) EC firmware FBCT32A is only for Tiny form factor of Lenovo computers. Having it on EC of other models will cause problems.
                                  2) When you update BIOS by normal process, it checks the model ID and don't flash EC firmware on non-Tiny models. But if you run manually the SPI flash command, you can still flash it - and brick the computer.
                                  3) Non-Tiny models should have EC firmware FBCT13A and no other version. It doesn't exist in any official Lenovo download, because this is the version it comes from factory and no update was ever released.
                                  4) To unbrick the computer you have to return to FBCT13A firmware. This was relative simple for me and doesn't require desoldering:
                                  a) Unplug the computer from power.
                                  b) Short pins 1-2 on EC flash chip. Pin 1 is marked with small circle and pin 2 is next to it.
                                  c) Power on the computer while still shorting the pins. Unshort about 1 second after fan spins. Computer should turn on and boot, but this is not permanent and it will be bricked again after powering off, so we need to reflash the EC.
                                  d) Use the files in attached zip file to reflash by running "SPIW032.exe FBCT13A.bin". No additional switches are needed. FBCT13A.bin is from the dump file of sniffchic, but cut to 131072 bytes - no padding is necessary. SPIW032.exe is taken from another Lenovo model update, because the version that comes with M93p update checks firmware version and refuses to flash older firmware. But this one doesn't check version.
                                  e) Restart the computer after flash and check the EC version in BIOS setup is actually FBCT13A.
                                  f) Flash latest BIOS again by the normal way - this isn't really necessary but only to be sure.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kmmng View Post
                                    I also had the problem with wrong flashing wrong EC firmware and seems your EC dump has actually helped me bring the computer back to life.
                                    Thank you! I had the same problem and was able to resolve it using your instructions and files. The first few times I tried it there was no response from the flashing tool, it just printed the version banner and quit, but after multiple times rebooting and re-doing the shorting trick it finally successfully flashed.

Comment

Lenovo ThinkCentre M93P CLEAN ME HELp

I need ME Clean
                                      Thanks for hellp
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by zenek_19; 10-28-2022, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Re: Lenovo ThinkCentre M93P CLEAN ME HELp

Originally posted by zenek_19 View Post
                                        I need ME Clean
                                        Thanks for hellp
                                        Here's your clean file, hope it works fine.
                                        Attached Files
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                        all donations are welcome,
                                        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                        >>>>>
                                        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                        X