Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help!! asus x542uq don't turn on and do nothing

hello guys i need your help with this .

I did the measurement on the connector power and I have 19v, 5 and 3 volts too, the memory voltage does not.
    motherborad does nothing, does not heat up, does not turn on power light. please help me with this problem

attached boardview

thanks !!
    Attached Files

Re: help!! asus x542uq don't turn on and do nothing

Check CMOS battery voltage, and the presence of 3.3V on the power button first. Please see the beginner tutorial.

Comment

Originally posted by emestee View Post
      Check CMOS battery voltage, and the presence of 3.3V on the power button first. Please see the beginner tutorial.
      both voltages are ok ... i read the tutorial last year xD , but i will read again

another thig to do or check ?

Comment

RTCRST# and SRTCRST# needs to be checked. Only cmos battery good will not do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
          RTCRST# and SRTCRST# needs to be checked. Only cmos battery good will not do the job.
          i'll check in a few hours ,
          I will comment soon

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by marcelofct View Post
            i'll check in a few hours ,
            I will comment soon

thanks
            I have the voltages

RTCRST#3v and SRTCRST# 3v

now what could it be, bios?
            Last edited by marcelofct; 12-14-2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Could be, yes. Check several adjacent GPIO pins on the EC - are they also 3.3v? If so, it may very well be the case that the EC cant read firmware and is in initial state. Check the power on the flash chip. If you have an oscilloscope, put a probe on SI/SO signals and see if there is exchange of data.

This all, of course, assuming that the EC doesn't have its own flash memory. I can't open the boardview because openboardview crashes on asus .fz files for some reason.

Comment

Could be, yes. Check several adjacent GPIO pins on the EC - are they also 3.3v? If so, it may very well be the case that the EC cant read firmware and is in initial state. Check the power on the flash chip. If you have an oscilloscope, put a probe on SI/SO signals and see if there is exchange of data.

This all, of course, assuming that the EC doesn't have its own flash memory. I can't open the boardview because openboardview crashes on asus .fz files for some reason.
                yes i have those voltages 3v on every cap i tested i need to check the kbc.
                the model is it8995e-128 , i havent osciloscope what do you recomend me now ?

Comment

yes i have those voltages 3v on every cap i tested i need to check the kbc.
                  the model is it8995e-128 , i havent osciloscope what do you recomend me now ?
                  Unfortunately this KBC has built in flash. You need to have a SIO programmer if you want to flash it.

But let's get back a little. When you press the power button, does the voltage drop to 0v?

Comment

RSMRST# present??

Comment

Unfortunately this KBC has built in flash. You need to have a SIO programmer if you want to flash it.

But let's get back a little. When you press the power button, does the voltage drop to 0v?
                      yes , it does , push power button and voltage drop to 0v , now what i do ? please help me

RSMRST# present??
                      no , isn't present , on this motherboard boardview says PM_RSMRST# AND PM_RSMRST#_PCH
                      what voltage it is ?
                      Last edited by marcelofct; 12-15-2020, 07:10 AM.

Comment

If RSMRST# is not present, mb is not going to turn on. KBC sends this signal to pch first and then pm_pwrtbtn and pch in turn starts SLP_S3/S4

Comment

If RSMRST# is not present, mb is not going to turn on. KBC sends this signal to pch first and then pm_pwrtbtn and pch in turn starts SLP_S3/S4
                          i just checked and no signal , then i have to flash kbc firmware o i can try bios ?
                          if is kbc im done

Comment

i just checked and no signal , then i have to flash kbc firmware o i can try bios ?
                            if is kbc im done
                            I'd check the KBC oscillator and all voltages on it, in particular the 3v LDO coming out of the charger and the ACOK signal...

Comment

I'd check the KBC oscillator and all voltages on it, in particular the 3v LDO coming out of the charger and the ACOK signal...

I'd check the KBC oscillator and all voltages on it :
                              if you mean check with oscilloscope i haven't one of those ,
                              and i have ac ok signal 6v on that ,

flash bios or is nothing more to do thank a lot for your support

Comment

Where did you measure acok signal 6v?
                                Check again it must be below 3

Comment

Hi friend,
                                  I have same can't power on.. It have smone short in chager. Now it solved. But can't find what is the problem..pleace help me..
                                  If you have diagrame please send me
                                  Thanks,
                                  Udara

Comment

Have only boardview file for x542uq 2.0 logic board. Will that help ?

Comment

Working...
                                    X