Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Schematic for STK1A32SC -- or ANY Atom x5-Z83xx-based System with AXP288 PMIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Schematic for STK1A32SC -- or ANY Atom x5-Z83xx-based System with AXP288 PMIC

I have an Intel STK1A32SC Compute Stick... and a baaad case of The Stubborns somehow I always 'forget' until just after it's too late that (a) the slightest application of heat to the power button shorts it internally, permanently, rendering the system unbootable, and (b) removing the button entirely, being a tiny tiny tiny momentary 'tact' switch, and surface-mount to boot, invariably destroys the support circuit for it, immediately adjacent.

Ooooops

I can read datasheets and understand electronics reasonably well; the AXP288 is the PMIC -- power management IC that controls all the voltage rails in the system (and brings it up, and shuts it down, gracefully) -- for the Atom x5-z83xx series SoCs. The datasheet tells me that this is the chip that handles that button; however, the exact circuitry is in the hardware reference documentation, and that is not publicly available... too bad, because from what little I can tell here in the USA, Shenzhen X-Powers Corp that used to produce them, no longer is in operation. At the very least, their website doesn't work right for submitting documentation requests, I've tried

I doubt that there are public schematics for the Intel STK1A32SC, or for any Intel Compute Stick; however, the knowledge I need will be the same, or at least in some reasonably valid form that I can use, in absolutely any system containing an Atom SoC of that series, paired with the AXP288 PMIC.

Known makes and models that would fulfill my documentation needs:
    Intel STK1A32SC Compute Stick
    Intel STK1AW32SC Compute Stick
    MeeGoPad T05 Pro Stick PC
    MeeGoPad T09 MiniPC
    Sunchip Wintel CX-W8 Pro MiniPC
    Dell Wyse 3040 Thin Client (not the Dell Optiplex 3040, that's different!)

Most "T5" stick PCs, most "z83" or similarly-named MiniPCs, and most Atom x5-z8350-based tablets, especially from eBay/Amazon 'disposable' brand names (you've never heard of them, they sound -- forgive me -- very much like a Chinese company, and they make you think someone somewhere said "well, we have to put some kind of branding on it!" at a management meeting, and whatever random thing they first came up with that seemed to sound good is what they went with) use exactly this specific combination of PMIC and SoC. Any of those will do as well... as will any laptop, tiny desktop (etc), or "detachable" from major manufacturers such as Lenovo, Acer, HP, etc, with the Atom x5-z83xx/AXP288 combination.

...a point of clarity regarding brand names...
    No disrespect meant towards the Chinese, just that from a Western cultural standpoint, the branding you guys come up with often seem kind of strange in a way that makes some of us giggle a bit. It's fine -- laughter is good for you Besides, it's a different way of doing things, and that's kind of cool. I appreciate that.

Re: Need Schematic for STK1A32SC -- or ANY Atom x5-Z83xx-based System with AXP288 PMI

The x5-z8350 is cherry trail.Is the AXP chip an AXP288 or AXP288C
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: Need Schematic for STK1A32SC -- or ANY Atom x5-Z83xx-based System with AXP288 PMI

AXP288C. Apologies, I had classified that as a revision of the AXP288 because sometimes I'm dumb

We all have our moments!

Speaking of which, the reason I put this thread where I did was, was that I've always had these stick computers described as, this is intended to make a Not-Smart-TV TV into a Smart TV. (No idea why, it doesn't really make sense to me, either.) Clarity: not arguing, explaining why I did the dumb. It makes more sense where it is now, and I appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by starhawk View Post
        AXP288C
        heres what ive found so far,hope these help
        Attached Files
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

The second one -- the "CircuitCo Sharks Cove" PDF -- that looks especially helpful.

The relevant circuit is on Page 37... I wish I knew better what value they'd used for CR5A2, but I can probably figure out something adequate from the parts bin. The tricky thing for me is that I can't really afford a custom PCB so I've got to replicate in perfboard... which means thru-hole only components. Yipe.

Comment

Working...
          X