Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus X302UA-FN188T (X302UA_UJ Rev 2.0) - doesn't boot

Hello,

The laptop doesn't boot (black screen) after turning on. There were places with corrosion on the board, mainly on the EC, but not very serious.
    Cleaned everything. After powering on the fan starts working and only the backlight of the LCD turns on (but very dim).
    There is no signal from the HDMI connector either.
    I tried to flash the BIOS but to no luck.

* BIOS dumps from here - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=102989&p=770516&hilit=%2Ax302ua%2A#p770516
    and https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthrea ... ght=x302ua

Main voltages are: 1.12v 5.24v 3.39v 12.51v

I measured the voltages to the processor, but not sure if they are good (see img).

Any one have an idea what to do next?
    Attached Files

Re: Asus X302UA-FN188T (X302UA_UJ Rev 2.0) - doesn't boot

Start checking powergood signals. Ram stick known good?? Consumption on dc supply 01With ram 02. Without ram??

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
      Start checking powergood signals. Ram stick known good?? Consumption on dc supply 01With ram 02. Without ram??
      There's builtin RAM on board, I just tried external to see if it'll help.
      Didn't check consumption on dc supply, connected it with the original adapter, I'll check it.
      Powergood signals - don't have schemes :\

Comment

You can check powergood signals with the help of boardview. Consumption pattern on dc supply indicates a lot of things and most of the times gives clue for diagnosis. So better, if you can check it on dc supply.

Comment

Help please, same board. I have the 3.3, 5, 1.2 V. Plugged it take 20 mA, keep pushing the power button after 30 seconds it goes to 0 mA. 19v still present but nothing coming out from the step down controller.
          Whithout the bios chip exactly the same. 3 volt present in 2 pin at the corners of the super i/o..... very strange case

Comment

Originally posted by Dexomol View Post
            Hello,

The laptop doesn't boot (black screen) after turning on. There were places with corrosion on the board, mainly on the EC, but not very serious.
            Cleaned everything. After powering on the fan starts working and only the backlight of the LCD turns on (but very dim).
            There is no signal from the HDMI connector either.
            I tried to flash the BIOS but to no luck.

* BIOS dumps from here - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=102989&p=770516&hilit=%2Ax302ua%2A#p770516
            and https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthrea ... ght=x302ua

Main voltages are: 1.12v 5.24v 3.39v 12.51v

I measured the voltages to the processor, but not sure if they are good (see img).

Any one have an idea what to do next?
            did you solve the problem i have the same problem

Comment

Working...
            X