Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMAX laptop - BSOD when installing windows - MEMORY ERROR

Helo.
    I have this BMAX Y11 laptop that freeze with BSOD/page fault/ when installing windows. i try MS installation and even BMAX windows deployment tool.

I download usb memtest that show errors. I see errors is on cca 4.7GB. There are 4 GB chips so it must be 3rd. but how to check from what chip os first to determine bad chip?
    Attached Files

Re: BMAX laptop - BSOD when installing windows - MEMORY ERROR

I open it and found 2x4GB chips Micron D9VKN MT53D512M64D4HR-053

so one of two is bad. but how to determine which one is bad?

Comment

This reminds me of a very early VOIP phone we purchased in Taiwan at a trade fair.

The display was an alphanumeric lcd and worked for a while but then display started going crazy and unit would not work.

Vendor was useless to help. We took it apart and reflowed the SRAM onboard and it fixed the faults.

Then would fail again later on. The pattern was, while warm or hot, unit worked fine. When cool, unit failed.

Issue was the wrong speed of SRAM was applied. We replaced with -12 (120ns) vs. -15 (150ns) onboard.

Fixed after this step.

So consider to heat up one of the 2 chips to see if it helps. If it does, likely that is the bad one.

Just from our limited memory experience from about 15-20 years ago.

Comment

it is just few cells dead, others work normal. But this is so expencive RAM ic that one cost 60eur. I did not even find stencil for it.

But repair is for cost of IC too high for custommer so nofix
        Last edited by ktmmotocross; 06-22-2022, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X