X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mec 16xx dump with info block

Originally posted by couillu76 View Post
    and this what i have with the svod4
    its blocked and can't be accessed try mass erase if it gets unlocked than possible.
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-07-2022, 08:36 AM.

Comment

mass erase? on my svod ?i have got erase option is it the one?, could it be the 10k resitor not soldered properly
      and if i erase i dont have a back up of the chip unless you have got one ?

Comment

Originally posted by couillu76 View Post
        mass erase? on my svod ?i have got erase option is it the one?, could it be the 10k resitor not soldered properly
        and if i erase i dont have a back up of the chip unless you have got one ?
        It's protocol is locked you can't do anything!!
        Another way is change the Ic and do !

Comment

So I see many have problems updating Model No. for Lenovo.
          A simple way is to extract bios files from bios_update.exe and using CMD type winuptp.exe -m xxxxxx (Model No.) I used this fot an M70q and worked.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
          all donations are welcome,
          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
          >>>>>
          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
          Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBzyk View Post
            Pinout to:
            X1 YOGA GEN5
            CARBON X1 GEN8

mobo: GX4A0 GYG50 NM-C881 REV:1.0
            Hi, tell me where you solder RST wire - pin 7 to RT809H? Thank you.
            Attached Files
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            >>>>>

Comment

You dont. You just need to find reset resistor and solder it from pull-down to pull-up.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                You dont. You just need to find reset resistor and solder it from pull-down to pull-up.
                Many thanks. Do you have a valid EC dump for yoga x1 4th gen. mb FX490 NM-B861? I downloaded bios update and extracted files and EC is 257kb and I think it should be 290kb.
                >>>>>

Comment

@volinakis
                  This is what have worked for me: take the EC file and remove 30h (48) bytes from the header, then add as many FFh bytes as needed at the end of file until file size is 290kB (296,960 bytes), save changes and file is ready to use.
                  You can try if you have a backup of a ThinkPad EC file, you will end up with exact copies, one read from EC/KBC chip and the other extracted from the BIOS update for same EC firmware version.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                    @volinakis
                    This is what have worked for me: take the EC file and remove 30h (48) bytes from the header, then add as many FFh bytes as needed at the end of file until file size is 290kB (296,960 bytes), save changes and file is ready to use.
                    You can try if you have a backup of a ThinkPad EC file, you will end up with exact copies, one read from EC/KBC chip and the other extracted from the BIOS update for same EC firmware version.
                    Thanks for advice I will try. I don't have a dump, MEC1663 was protected to read - "Chip may be damaged or encrypted"message - but I was able to erase and after erase I was able to read, write - I wrote the 257kb EC extracted from bios update just to verify if allows me - and after I wrote the 257kb file when I read again it saved as 290kb file.
                    Anyway, I'm new in using RT809H and many thanks to all users from this forum who are willing to share from their experience, hat off!
                    >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                      @volinakis
                      So, I had to cut only 32bytes from EC file, not 48. Figured out when I saved bin from EC and compared with what I wrote and gave me 16bytes more in length. Now I have to figure out how to use Lenovo Maintenance Utility, MTM is xxxx-xxx and mine is xxxx-xxxxxx and I don't know what to do with 16 characters serial number, any advice is wellcome, thank you.
                      >>>>>

Comment

Scan the barcode. You need codes starting with 1S (bottom case sticker) and 8S (motherboard sticker)

Comment

@volinakis
                          It’s good that you figure it out, I couldn’t find my notes at the moment and just kind of guess it how many bytes needed to cut.
                          About Lenovo Maintenance Utility, make sure you are using latest version that is available.

Comment

Can Someone please explain me how to read the mec properly
                            as i used the isp pins from the top area but it gives error MEC Chip ID: 0xFFFFFFFF. 090: ID verification error.
                            but if i use the isp colorful cable then can someone explain me which pins are TMS, TDI, RST on Rt809h plz see the picture

also i moved the resistor now to left side is this okay ?
                            also pin no 6 there is no resister can i remove from the same board from other location and use here if i really need to ?

will appreciate your time as i have spent hours and got nothing i am first time using rt809h
                            Attached Files

Comment

I want to share my 1st experience with MEC1663 from Yoga X1 4th gen.

Many thanks to AAAC, RethoricalCheese, EvilBzyk, their shared knowledge helped me a lot.

1. Connected jtag pins as in picture, no pull up resistor needed. Moved 10k resistor from pull-down to pull-up. Chose MEC1633#ISP. power on motherboard.
                              2. Got message "Chip may be damaged or encrypted, the data is not valid" I did try other options, MEC1653#ISP, MEC1633_256k, same result.
                              3. I hit "Erase" and laptop stops working, no power on/charge led lit.
                              4. I took EC file from bios update and trim 32bytes, the same version it was in bios (I took a photo of info in bios before pulling off the motherboard) wrote the file into EC then power off motherboard. Waited few minutes an power on motherboard, power on/charge led lit. Moved the 10k resistor to pull down.
                              5. schematics IS WRONG! TP1 IS REVERSED WITH TP5.
                              Attached Files
                              >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by myjunaid View Post
                                Can Someone please explain me how to read the mec properly
                                as i used the isp pins from the top area but it gives error MEC Chip ID: 0xFFFFFFFF. 090: ID verification error.
                                but if i use the isp colorful cable then can someone explain me which pins are TMS, TDI, RST on Rt809h plz see the picture

also i moved the resistor now to left side is this okay ?
                                also pin no 6 there is no resister can i remove from the same board from other location and use here if i really need to ?

will appreciate your time as i have spent hours and got nothing i am first time using rt809h
                                don't use flashing port, use info from posts #46 and #31. don't wire #RST, just move 10k as in photo. You have to power on the motherboard to have 3.3V to feed EC.
                                >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                                  don't use flashing port, use info from posts #46 and #31. don't wire #RST, just move 10k as in photo. You have to power on the motherboard to have 3.3V to feed EC.
                                  you mean 10k resister on pin 7 line as in pictures
                                  also where can i get the 10k from the mainboard to do the job once done i can move back is that ok
                                  you can tell me the resistor number i have boardview i will find it

Comment

Originally posted by myjunaid View Post
                                    you mean 10k resister on pin 7 line as in pictures
                                    also where can i get the 10k from the mainboard to do the job once done i can move back is that ok
                                    you can tell me the resistor number i have boardview i will find it
                                    No, RST resistor for MEC16xx as shown in picture of post #31. Don't wire "pin 7 line" #RST of programmer. Read previous posts of the topic you'll find all informations there. i don't know your laptop model you didn't specify, pic from post #31 is self explanatory.
                                    Last edited by volinakis; 07-30-2022, 04:06 AM.
                                    >>>>>

Comment

No, RST resistor for MEC16xx as shown in picture of post #31. Read previous posts of the topic you'll find all informations there. i don't know your laptop model you didn't specify.
                                      Sorry its T490s
                                      i have done exactly how you asked me to but i am getting ID Verification error MEC Chip ID: 0xFFFFFFFF
                                      also disconnected rst still nothing
                                      my cables are also less than 10cm
                                      Attached Files

Comment

@myjunaid

I hope you'll understand now.
                                        Attached Files
                                        >>>>>

Comment

@myjunaid

I hope you'll understand now.
                                          Thank you very much for your time and for the pictures
                                          i have done the exactly the same before with connected RST to no 7 and without connected to pin7 to RST it gives error ID verification error
                                          it has usb C charger which i connected but i noticed i am not getting 3.3v on pin 7 but when i connect the wires and plug the usb c the laptop fan starts spinning and off for some time then on again but i have not connected the power button or i need to connect the power button and switch on by pressing it
                                          also posts #46 saying the some mainboard RST pin 7 is empty solder pad then add 10 k resister there and my mainboard pin 7 is not connected to resister as well

also can it be a issue of RT809H Drivers ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X