MSI A320M-A PRO broken component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSI A320M-A PRO broken component

I have a MSI A320M-A PRO board in which the Ethernet port is not working correctly. I have spotted these small components, with some of them being ripped off. I can read the number "40" on them but I can't identify them. A little help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: MSI A320M-A PRO broken component

Can you post a zoomed pic of the motherboard ? I believe to have the schematic in my database subscription.

Comment

Do you mean like a zoom out?
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes. Meant zoom out to review the surrounding components. On the posted pic - where are these damaged parts ?

Looks like a SMD shottky 40V diode.

Check with your meter in diode mode. Remove all power to the board.

If it is a diode, the part will conduct in one direction and block in the other.

Comment

Thanks mon2,
          I've uploaded an image marking the area of these components. I'll check the diode function of these components, I'm just away from home right now.
          Is this in line with the schematics?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mc4ren View Post
            Thanks mon2,
            I've uploaded an image marking the area of these components. I'll check the diode function of these components, I'm just away from home right now.
            Is this in line with the schematics?
            Well, I finally measured the diode behavior of these components. Just one of these is working as a normal diode. They all have 0.256V in one direction, but the other direction varies from totally open to 0.8V and 1.2V.

Could these be the diodes marked in the attached figure?
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X