X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Ah? is this how i introduce myself???

So, then: retired longhaul truck driver. Fingerstyle guitar player. Amiga user. Linux user. Learner of too many interesting things. Good cook i'm told....

And repairer of my stuff, by necessity and curiosity.

Here seems a nice place ;-)

Here

Comment

Hello everyone, I am just starting my way in the world of computer repair. As a child I had taken some courses and followed some technical courses, but not at the level of electronics. I am self-taught and I know that I will learn a lot from this forum and I hope to provide some usefulness as well.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm Emile, looking to solve my macbook pro dying. Watched too many Louis Rossman videos so figured I could get a grip, turns out it's not that easy!

Comment

I'm willing to join and (hopefully) contribute to this community!
          Greetings from Italy!

Comment

Hello, it's cool to see a website specializing in such a specific little thing as capacitors although I'm sure the knowledge of most people here extends far further. I like old computer hardware and I'm hoping to find some help here.

Comment

Hi! I'm Aindrea, from Scotland, and I'm here for boardviews!

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Lots of members posting their first experiences with PCs- my first exposure was programming the Intel 4004, back in 1974. But since this site is BADCAPS let's talk about capacitors.

Did you know that until sometime in the middle of the last century, they were called condensers? I started fiddling with electronics back in the mid 60s, which meant mostly radios and tvs. The older radios had either paper or mica coupling condensers, while the electrolytics were often the "salt shaker" kind. This arrangement was an aluminum tube much like the later twist-lok, but with a bakelite threaded screw mounting at the bottom. When new, they had actual liquid electrolyte inside- you could hear it slosh around if you shook them. They dried out quickly and lasted maybe 5 years, never encountered a good one. Mica condensers were pretty reliable. They has a 6 dot color code system to tell you the voltage and capacitance, and tolerance. Paper condensers were not reliable at all, well they had to stand up to voltages as high as 450v.

After college I entered the field of semiconductor process equipment maintenance. I did component level maintenance of circuit boards, field service, and re-design and production of boards when necessary. After 44 years in the field, I have retired. I live in Santa Rosa, Ca.

Best regards, Woody51

Comment

Hello friends!
                  I am Edward and I am from Russia. In many remote places of the globe, there is a lot of electronics, and everything is controlled by computers and micro-computers. I would like to learn more about the interaction of the components of the electronic circuit of a computer.
                  С уважением, pinedwards!

Comment

Hello all!

My name is Kevin Anthony and I repair electronics and specialize in Apple system boards. I also dabble in Arduino & Raspberry Pi projects and run a makerspace at a high school in Galveston, Texas.

Comment

Hello World!

Comment

hi every one iam new in this forum andmy english is a little bad but iam ready to help user and learn is ours thanks

Comment

Hi guys, I hope i ll get your help for my repairs! Thanks!

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi, I will steal all the knowledge.

Comment

Hello folks; I'm a retired industrial electrician, farmer and general fixer.
                                I hate to see things go to landfill; often because of a $2 part.
                                My theory is that if someone put it together, then I should be able to take it apart and hopefully put it back together maybe a little better.

Comment

Morning all from Wales. Hobby hacker, fixing up abandoned electronics! For Fun!

Comment

Good afternoon from Switzerland. As a new member, I would like to introduce myself.

I am a recently retired service engineer in the sheet metal industry, (2D lasers, punch presses with full automation). I was also a helicopter AME for +30 years.
                                    I have always had a fascination for mechanical and electronic things as well as being self taught working with software from DOS up to W10. Additionally I was also dragged kicking and screaming into the wonderful world of iOS and the Apple eco system. I don't drink the "Kool-Aid" however.......... it is an interesting ride.

I arrived at this forum searching for electrical schematic info and advice to repair a 2015 MacBook Air logic board.

Badcaps member "phisurmac" has very kindly provided the necessary information to help.

I'm also looking forward to searching thru the various forums on this site.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Hello Guys!! This is my first time here. My name is Bednarek and I´m from Brazil. Nice day for you all.

Comment

Hello from France. My name Alex.
                                        Good forum!

Comment

Hello, my name is Umair and I'm new to the forum
                                          I'm trying to post a new thread but unable to find the thread(probably because of new member). Any help ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X