• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi everyone , I am 44 years old i am from Algeria

Comment

I've been working at the same company in Texas for over 25 years, troubleshooting down to component level and replacing those components as well. I've offend wondered if someone could make a little extra on the side doing this line of work. I came across Louis Rossmann's videos on YouTube and thought I would give it a try.

Comment

Hi... I´m Mauricio from Argentina ... i have been in the mud for the last 20 years, it's almost impossible to get parts over here ...

Comment

Hello!

I should show up.

So I'm ready to talk about myself.

Well, that sounds like an easy thing, but it's not.

First of all:

I am a retired Hungarian man with 67 years of technical experience (electronics).

My level of English cannot be classified.

I would put it this way:
          passive technical language skills.

What I learned in a self-taught way.

So I don't even read literary works in English.

BUT I can interpret the technical descriptions and service documentation.

Anyway, I still use the google translator, luckily it has evolved a lot over the years.

Second:

I have always been interested in electricity,

In the garden arbor
          already in my childhood
          I set up a small "laboratory"
          equipped with a wide variety of instruments.

This is where I start building amateur radios.

After graduating from elementary school, my continuing education was a little different from that direction.

But I've always stayed with TV repair, computer repair.

I worked for several electronics companies, let me not list them all.

I am now retired it would not be important for me to work.

But this is also my hobby!

I also registered for this forum because I can find a lot of information here (too) and maybe I can give it too.

It's not the only electronics forum I'm registered to, but because
          the many google hits here attracted me to join you.

Please welcome me as I turn to you.

Once again, I apologize for my unqualified language skills.

Comment

hi everyone im new in this forum and appreciate that there is such a site that we can ask assistance on caps. im 57yrs old and a retired systems admistrator, i used to work in a bank and now that i have retired i can do fulltime electronic repair on board level. In the company we used to replace the intire board or module because time is important, now i will have that time to enjoy. Thanks

Comment

Hello, Im here to learn and discuss GPU repair.and PCB modding.

Comment

Hi Im James and i am a new to this forum. Well i have actually used it for about 2 years now when searching for things and 9 out of 10 times i have found what ive needed, so thought it was about time to put something back in.
                I have always been interested in computers and tech/gadgets, and for several years helped friends out with mobile screen changes, but about 2 years ago i saw a video on youtube of Louis Rossman doing things i didnt know was even possible to a pcb, and my mind was blown. I wanted to do that as well, so jump forward to now with very little money i have joined the self repair community and love it.
                Thank you to the forum memebers who kindly share their knowledge and experience here, without them i would of given up and thought board level repair was only for the manufacturers.
                Keep up the good work and i hope that Right to Repair works out for all you guys in the USA.

Comment

Hello, my name is Jack. I have enjoyed tinkering with electronics for several decades, but as I near retirement from my day job I am spending more time at it. Mostly I just enjoy the puzzle-solving aspect of diagnosing a problem in a piece of equipment; and, I can't stand to throw away a broken item without having at least tried to fix it myself.

Google has led me to this forum dozens of times, so I thought it might be time to finally join.

Comment

Hi everybody this is Ahmad from Jordan

Comment

can anybody help me with the value of this resistor color coded as follow :

brown
                      black
                      green
                      gold
                      white
                      in the resistor color chart it is 105 ohms and with the multimeter it reads. 1Mohms.

Awaiting your help.

Ahmad

Comment

Hi
                        I'm Jim

I've been tinkering with electronics - and computers - for 35 years. No formal training, I just BS along. I really need to do a course or something and really get the basics down properly - all that stuff like Ohms Law etc etc.

It's usually repair projects for me - whether it's a guitar FX pedal or a washing machine!

Thanks
                        Jim

Comment

Hi, I am located in the UK, I'm a serial tinkerer that likes to repair anything I can including electronics, my limited knowledge on PCBs can be frustrating but perseverance usually works.......ready the fire extinguisher!!!!
                          Cheers 😊

Comment

hello, my name is Mauro and I have been dealing with electronics since the 80s, so I started to work with computers, my first was an XT after 386 and so on, today I turned to hardware and maintenance again.

Comment

I am an IT developer and have been involved with software systems for over 3 decades. Back in the 1980s I did a course at a Polytechnic which in today's education climate would scale to about a mid level of a degree course. I followed that up with another Diploma in computer programming and operational research. Having tried very had to get my desired job as a computer programmer since the summer of 1983 to about March 1985 and failed I settled for a job In computer operations in the hope that I would be able to climb up the ladder and finally get a programming job. My efforts finally paid dividends when in October of 1989 I managed to get a role as a Tandem basic computer programmer. From then on it was a hard way up the road to get practical experience in my field. Three decades later I have now covered a wide variety of computer languages and reasonably experienced in my field.

About twenty years ago I started looking at electronics and the more I read the more I was liking the subject to the point where I was questioning myself that if I could turn the clock back this would be the subject that I would academically go to university to study. Since that time every time I have found the time I have tried to read up on and watch videos about electricity and electronics. I would describe myself as a hobbyist with some theoretical knowledge on electronics and always improving. I joined badcaps knowing that no one knows everything. It is my firm belief that one can only make progress by being open mined and knowing that we all live in a world we all have created for ourselves and it revolves on rules, knowledge and understanding, much of which came long before I arrived into this world. So I am here to learn and improve. There is a saying in my motherland, “from the pram to the grave everyday one should seek knowledge”. So please accept me with open arms ! and teach me some new knowledge/experience and for that I would like to thank you all in advance.

And thank you for having me here.

Comment

Hi every one, Daniel from México.

I find the information in this forum very helpfull and his members. I am not a electronics technician but i am very fond of the Lenovo Thinkpad Laptops so i am here to try to fix them.

Saludos

Comment

Hi. Im Andrew from Russia. learning programming and love bricks hardware.

Comment

Hello everyone,

My name is JP and I'm from Chicago, IL. I'm joining this forum to get information on how to fix a Samsung 42" Plasma TV with the infamous click on/click off sound!

Comment

Hi, I'm Adam and I'm trying to fix my Lenovo Thinkpad E485 that got bricked after a BIOS update.

Comment

Hi, I am here looking to learn more about capacitors and electronic stuff. Great forum.

Comment

Hello. I fix TVs and stuff for family and friends as a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                                          X