This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hullo folks, I'm from South Africa. Trying to prevent unnecessary electronic waste by replacing one burnt component at a time.

Comment

hello to masters...

I was in search for the help to get repair the Imac 24 PSU Liteon PA-3241-02A, on the internet and I just found this nice forum ....

I'm still searching this forum for the help .....

thanks

Comment

ciao sono qui per imparare

Comment

Hi!
          My name is Georg
          My country: Hungary
          My spoken language: Hungarian (with English google translator).
          My job and hobby is electronics.
          I design and complete the production of mixed brand electronics. PIC, ATMEL ST NXP MCUs, Lattice, Xillinx FPGAs
          My obsession is to save as many devices as possible from destruction.
          I respect the work of others so they let go of a device with a heavy heart. I hope I can help the community by documenting my work!

Comment

Hi. I am new here but have been doing basic computer repair for since the days of green/amber screens and floppy drives. Basically software troubleshooting and parts replacement. I am now trying to learn board-level diagnostics and component replacements. I have replaced many standard caps over the years by just using visual inspection and replacing swollen/leaky caps on desktop boards but no SMD components yet.

Comment

Hello to everybody , i am a new member of this forum and a young technician with so many things to learn. I don't know how could i help somebody here since the moment that every person on this forum is higher than me ,but i will do my best to partecipate with my opinion when it will be necessary. My real name is Carmine and i am 38yo from Italy. Se qualcuno parla italiano lo saluto con un abbraccio anche nella mia lingua.
              My pleasure to be here.
              Thank you for joining me in.

Comment

I am 62 and live in Vienna
                after my retirement, i finally have the time to update my knowledge of electronics, which I acquired a long time ago. troubleshooting in electronic devices is very suitable for this and that's how i ended up in this forum and i would like to say without exaggeration, friends, you are the best

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm Mark 43, nickname Hairy. From England. First machines I remember using were the zx80, commodore 16 and my mates Amiga 500. Had hours of fun listening to him write tunes with Octimed or something. Later my dad bought a 286 and upgraded it, like dads do, and I was fascinated by the internals of a pc. He's an rf electronic engineer so I picked up bits and bobs along the way.

Career wise I'd planned to go into the garage trade but found with no real experience it was hard to get into. I then went into care work starting at a nursing home and then moving onto a hospital ward for 2.5 years, onto burns and plastics theatres for a couple of years then into general bank work at the hospital all over ending up in private healthcare. Was disgusted to find how private healthcare treat the elderly and left vowing never to work in such a place again. Having now no job, I'd gone down to a local car audio shop with my mate for him to have a load of audio equipment installed and as the owner was too busy I offered to install it myself. This then led to an offer of a job and a path into a career in retrofitting electrical equipment in most things from bikes up to boats so far. Mainly tracking systems, alarms, av equipment, parking sensors, cameras and monitoring systems, 12v & 24v.

I spend most of my spare time either learning how to fix something I'm fiddling with or fixing something my children, friends children or friends have broken. I just love all this RTR business going on and support it wholeheartedly. I love to be able to extend the life of mine and my friends products, seeing someone's face light up when you hand their item back working again makes it all worthwhile for me and I relish the chance to learn something new although failed to do so first time around at school lol.

So, that's a bit about me. I've found my way here to this site a few times now seeking schematics for bits that are broken that I'd like to fix. I struggle with forums usually, one minute I'm looking for info on car tuning next minute electronic repairs, overclocking you name it lol. Not that I profess to being any good at any of these really, I just have patience and learning keeps my mind occupied.

Hopefully, someday some of my knowledge or skill set may be of use to someone here, it would be great if all this useless rubbish in my head could be of use lol.

Anyway I'm done here for now, feel free to contact. Peace and love to you all.

Comment

Hello!
                    I'm new here.
                    Because of everyday working with PCs, I need some tips and tricks in some cases, like now.

Comment

Hi. I am a passionate electronics engineer with about 5 years of experience. Until now, I have mainly serviced audio equipment, but I would also like to learn the secrets of TV sets It's a pleasure to be here!

Comment

I started out on the software side of things, which I still like to do. About 5 years ago I worked at a cellphone carrier as a retail sales rep. We performed minor repairs, older phones that you could just unscrew to open. Swap microphones and such. A couple years later I replaced broken screens and such as a hobby/way to make a few bucks. Was never any good at soldering, till I got a job winding coils for transformers and learned how to solder with a torch. Having a nack for problem solving and such I've wanted to expand and improve my capabilities.

Recently our TV stopped displaying a picture and I figured what better time than now to learn. I bought a soldering station that has a iron, hot air gun, and power supply all in one. I bought some helping hands and a desk and chair and built a rework station next to my office desk. Most people are to quick to just toss stuff and buy new. Where there is a will there is a way. And I am willing to put more effort and time into not doing that than most items are worth. But I enjoy the learning plus those skills come in handy once in a blue moon.

Comment

Hey, another new guy here. I'm looking to gain some new knowledge and hopefully help out too.

Comment

Just Joined the site, hopefully I can help & be helped

Comment

Working on an old Linksys PAP2T today - hopefully I can find the info I need.

Comment

Hola un placer estar aquí, con todo respeto me presento, mi nombre es Enzzo Deffitt, tengo mi empresa de reparaciones en Panamá, mayormente me dedico a la reparación de tarjetas de video y tarjetas madre con micro soldadura y programación, un saludo a todos espero estar mucho tiempo por aquí

Comment

Hi my name is Fon,i am a programmer in electronic and also inlove with the technology world we are today

Comment

Hello all my name is Jerry, I am a tinkerer. Looking for laptop motherboard repair help. Have used this site in the past for Motherboards with bulging caps.

Comment

Hello!

My name is Edgars.

I am addicted to computer hardware and on an never-ending mission to squeeze the maximum of what I have got both hardware and software wise out of my computers.

Would like to join this forum to gather more knowledge and possibly get help from others!

Comment

Hello good my name is Marc, I am from Spain, I speak no English, I only understand when I read the technical topic, right now I am working with the translator to copy paste of course. My first pc was a 486, it was very small, it always bothered my cousin to install games and things for me. I have a store ... that I started with second-hand sales, then repairs .. mobile release ... and now I already have new appliances with an aesthetic flaw, among all that. I have a middle and upper grade degree in electricity, nothing in electronics but I'm good at it, if it's not too complicated. I will try to do the possible but surely they will help me more than me. many greetings and see you soon.

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm JR from the Philippines but currently working abroad. I am 42 and I started as a cellphone technician when I was in my 20s. Been long time out of that and currently working as a teacher.

I have been occasionally helping friends with electronic repairs but not really into board level diagnostics especially with LCD tv's which I have one lying in front of me and don't know exactly how to fix it. I am hoping to find help in this forum.

Comment

Working...
                                          X