• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi from Ger!

Comment

Hi from down under!
      Last edited by Perk0; 09-07-2021, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Hi Everyone. I'm Mikel Cerveaux from Mauritius. Nearly 44 yo, married with 3 children. I'm a production manager/graphic designer and very DIY-oriented but a noob in electronics.

Comment

hello greetings from turkey

Comment

Howdy.
            I found this forum while looking for the BIOS chip on a particular board that I am having difficulty identifying.
            I hope you guys can help!

Comment

Hi from UK!

Comment

Good evening everyone, I'm grifando and I'm following you from Italy. I am a fan of electronics and at the moment I try to understand something about notebooks.
                Greetings to all

Comment

Hello to all, my name is Jason. I am a jack of all trades, master of none, I grew up with my grandfather, who worked for, at the time, Martin Marietta, (now Lockheed) manufactured printed circuit boards and also did some assembly work in the late 80s and 90s. I have always repaired basically everything I own that I have the tools to repair. To be honest, I am stuck on a problem that has me a bit crazy, and I thought it would be easy. I have a Fluke 179, (just picked up a new one, nice eda2 kit and extra probes and attachments as well) but I just cant give up on the other. Im stubborn, and refuse to let something made by another fellow human being stump me. I have to fix it, and I saw a thread I couldnt fully access on this site, so whammo, Im a member. Hopefully I will learn a whole lot more from all the people here that have knowledge I do not. Looking forward to it. Nice to meet you all.

Comment

Hi, I'm a computer engineer who is in way past his head and understand just enough of this stuff to survive in the job world. And I found a monitor on the side of the road that I'm trying to fix. Should be fun, right?

Comment

hello from Rome

Comment

Hi all,
                        I started repairing/refurbishing old laptops (mainly bought on eBay) just over a year ago as something to do during the first Covid lockdown, after I cleared out some old Dell laptops from a cupboard at home and was surprised how well they sold on eBay.

I worked in IT as a UNIX sysadmin for 25 years (semi-retired now) and remember enough of my electronics studied at Uni in the 1980's to be able to read a laptop schematic a little, so am joining this forum to try and improve my board-level diag/repair skills
                        Rob
                        Scotland & Middlesex/London

Comment

Hi All, I am Ben,
                          Worked in the Electronic Industry for many years in South Africa.
                          Component Level and Some Design including PCB layout.
                          Mainly On Computers - Digital and Analogue,
                          Software (Firmware, Application) in C,C++,C#.
                          Have knowledge on the mechanical side as well. Build own 3D printer and CNC
                          machine.

I like creating things from scratch.

Now days very hard to make a living in this field as Technical Information and
                          Spares are hard to find. Manufacturers not doing their part.

I am semi retired now.
                          Glad to have discovered the Community.

Best Regards
                          Ben
                          Cape Town

Comment

Olá! Me chamo Luciano e sou novo por aqui. Sou do Brasil e trabalho a muito tempo com reparo de equipamentos.

Comment

Thank you for letting be part of the community, I am an enthusiastic technician, and I am willing to be able to repair motherboards as well as graphics cards, I do not have much time but when it is possible to update important information about boards I will do it. I want to repair dead boards reading posts and studying about electronic stuff.

Comment

Hello everyone. I’m Troniku and I’m from romania. I’m at begging of macbook repair but I have experience in car electronics,working as auto electrician. Hope to have a good experience here and I hope i can help members. Cheers ��

Comment

Hi everyone, I am an electronics and computer enthusiast, I try to repair everything that happens to me and that has problems, sometimes I have invented changes to make the device more flexible, I am sure that I will have a great time with you.
                                  My name is Joepales and I hope to share and at the same time
                                  learn more with you about repairs and electronics.

Comment

Hey my name is noodlez, I here cause I like fixing things and the challenges behind it. I also may be of help with some of my useless knowledge. This seems like a nice little forum and excited to learn new things.

Comment

Hello Team

I am a Technician living in the great country of Australia, little island far far away.

I enjoy electronic laptop repair so much I made it as a living now.

I enjoy the challenges of new technology and finding a way to just make it work, that feeling of success is never tiresome.

Cheers Peter from Oz

Comment

Hello folks,
                                        I am an Indian. I joined this forum to pursue my hobby more rigorously.

thanks for giving me space here.

Comment

Hello to all, this forum is always useful for the tech-orientated people. I want to thank all the members that are sharing knowledge! Always be so nice and helpful! My name's Blagovest and I'm from Bulgaria.

Comment

Working...
                                          X