This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Registered so I could view some photos...depending on how much I feel like farting around with TV in question I may or may not continue with troubleshooting it.

Comment

Hi, My name's Ben, I live in Portland, OR and I'm 30.
      As with most things in life, if it's broke I try to fix it before spending a bunch of money on just replacing it, which has led me to this wonderful site.

I'm glad to be here, and hope you guys can help me pinpoint my problem!

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I joined this community in hopes to fix my Panasonic TC-P50ST60‎: ‎50 inch TV (7 red lights of death). I have no electronics background, in fact last time I fixed a TV included a trip to Wall-Mart at 3am to purchase baby oil, a turkey baser, and some tubing... It was an old 65" Mitsubishi Rear Projection TV, believe it or not it actually worked. Anyways, I'll be making a thread about my Panasonic shortly, just wanted to say hello.

The turkey baser was used to extract cloudy fluid from the inside of the green projector light (it has a microbe in it, kinda strange). The baby oil was used to replace that fluid and keep the lamps from over heating, go figure.

Comment

Hi guys, gals -

Quick intro - been in the electronics industry for 15+ years or better, in various capacities. Started as a bench tech and slowly worked my way to EE. I enjoy the repairs that most would toss in the trash, which has brought me to badcaps.net! Needed help identifying a manufacture and this was the place to find it. Hope to provide some technical help in return.

Comment

My name is John I am a retired Engineering Manager from a Large Print Company, I live in the South East of England near Northampton, although returned I work a few days a week for a small Print Company carrying out Electrical and Mechanical repairs, just to keep myself active

Comment

Hi Folks, just joined but have years of experience fixing all types of electrical / electronics and software problems.. but you can never know it all and there's a lot of knowledgeable folk on here.. hope to be able to provide some help too if I can..

Comment

Hello

Comment

HELLO MY FRIENDS We thank you for accepting

Comment

hi to all im new here from philippines thanks for this site thanks admin

Comment

Hello! I have a Samsung T260HD that had the info panel problems before, which I fixed by disconnecting the Function assembly. Now it won't power on and the lights don't turn on either, except for the toslink port in the back. The caps don't look bad but I can't test them anyway. Fuses seem ok but I don't know if it's a problem with the power board or main board or with the ccfl's. I don't have much electronics repair experience/knowledge but I am willing to learn and listen to advice. I can get the power board on eBay (IP-58155A) for around $30 but if the problem isn't the power board, or if I got a bad one from the seller, I probably wouldn't know anyway. I hope I can learn from some of the old posts here.

Comment

Hello to everyone, I am from Malta, I have worked in the Surface Mount Production for more than 10 years, and I thank you for letting me in this new community.

Comment

Howdy. I'm just a nerd and I tinker with all sorts of DIY stuff.

Comment

Hello

Comment

hello.....
                              iam new here...
                              anyone have bios dump for dell e6410 Board Number LA-5472P Rev:1.0(A00)
                              tq everyone ....

Comment

Hello, I am novice in this forum.
                                I am from Bulgaria, I speak only Bulgarian and very little English. So, sorry me for the bad grammar somewhere. I am student, 16 years old in 9th grade. I hope that will not be a problem to talk to me as a adult person.
                                I am interested in electronics from very little. But my knowledge isn't organized at all. Unfortunally, in my city there's no high school for electronics.
                                So, that's for me.

Comment

Greetings everyone.

My name is Marian, i am from Romania, 37 years old, and i found this forum on a google search, so i am new here. I work with electronics of all sorts, i design and built stuff, repair what needs it, and so on.

All the best to all.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello everybody,

I have been a longtime lurker but have never joined until now. I have experience working with electronics and have repaired a few tvs including a Sony Xbr led projection tv power supply and the optical block with the help and info from this sight. Look forward to helping where I can.

Thank you

Comment

Dear Community,

My Samsung UE46F5370SS is dead, I've opened it but no idea to repair it. Unfortunately I've no schematics diagram and so no chance to systematically identify the root cause. Maybe the community coud help ;-) ?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Bernhard View Post
                                          Dear Community,

My Samsung UE46F5370SS is dead, I've opened it but no idea to repair it. Unfortunately I've no schematics diagram and so no chance to systematically identify the root cause. Maybe the community coud help ;-) ?

Thank you
                                          You should post this in the TV section to get the helps you need, you also need to upload good clear pictures of the whole back side of the TV so we can see how all the boards are connected together. Also, what tools and experience do you have?
                                          Never stop learning
                                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                          X