mec 16xx dump with info block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mec 16xx dump with info block

But these programmers don't have MEC1663 in support list. Do you use MEC1633 setting instead?

Anyway, tried writing again, then disconnecting power for a while. Still has password.

Comment

In X390 i have same result. I try read / write was errored veryfi and different file. But when i extract EC from .exe and try again was upload succesfull and laptop working. Now i try same in T490 but still same errors with read chip (with error, i read X time and all file are simillar but different in HXD and when write chip i have same - error veryfii.

I have resistor 10k in PIN 1, 2, 3, 4 , 6 ? Good ? in schematic yours i dont see resistor on pin 6?

And the second question i take 3.3 V from this motherboard ? is good ? or i need supply 3.3 V from other source ??

I put AC adapter to motherboard - is good ?? or i should use 3.3 from other sorce and should be enought?

I have RT809H programmer also and is same result like in svode but in svod 1 times works on X390 lenovo.

edit. i was find schematic for T490::

So in this case i need only 1 resistor 10k for pin 6 ?? and put only there 3.3 V ?? i good understand ? ?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by keczuk; 04-19-2021, 02:10 AM.

Comment

@RethoricalCheese
        We edited the INI file holding the different MEC chips and added an entry for MEC1663 chip, with appropriate capacity (256kB).
        If using EC update extracted from Lenovo update, just delete first 32 bytes from update and it will match the file read from MEC1663 chip.

@keczuk
        Question1: I have resistor 10k in PIN 1, 2, 3, 4 , 6 ? Good ? in schematic yours i dont see resistor on pin 6?
        Answer: Pin6 has a 49.9 Ohm resistor to +VCC3M.

Question2: And the second question i take 3.3 V from this motherboard ? is good ? or i need supply 3.3 V from other source ??
        Answer2: Pin6 is connected to Vcc through a resistor, you can get +3.3 from this other point where the 49.9 resistor is connected to.

For X390 you can program using keyboard connector, thorugh FPC cable.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
          @RethoricalCheese
          We edited the INI file holding the different MEC chips and added an entry for MEC1663 chip, with appropriate capacity (256kB).
          If using EC update extracted from Lenovo update, just delete first 32 bytes from update and it will match the file read from MEC1663 chip.

@keczuk
          Question1: I have resistor 10k in PIN 1, 2, 3, 4 , 6 ? Good ? in schematic yours i dont see resistor on pin 6?
          Answer: Pin6 has a 49.9 Ohm resistor to +VCC3M.

Question2: And the second question i take 3.3 V from this motherboard ? is good ? or i need supply 3.3 V from other source ??
          Answer2: Pin6 is connected to Vcc through a resistor, you can get +3.3 from this other point where the 49.9 resistor is connected to.

For X390 you can program using keyboard connector, thorugh FPC cable.

So now i still don't understand.

- Now i use direct connection - i don't have resistor etc... programmer detect ID. I can read / write but all read / write are corrupt. When i read and compare i don't write all information or have different in many place.

When the motherboard is connect to AC - on pin 6 i have 3.3 so i think i don't need take from board and other source next 3.3 to this PIN. (in this case) like on schematic ??

I try 3-4 different type of cable and i have same result in SVODE 3 and RT809H programmer.

Comment

How about this one? on thinkpad P1 9th
            how to device and read?
            Attached Files

Comment

Got my problem solved. Used RT809H now instead of SAS JIG.

Edit:

Now, to write back data, it seems I need U1 tool. The old maintenance disk threw an error about locked eeprom.
              U1 update tool throws a "download error".

Can anybody make and upload ISO of that tool?
              Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 04-21-2021, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                Got my problem solved. Used RT809H now instead of SAS JIG.

Edit:

Now, to write back data, it seems I need U1 tool. The old maintenance disk threw an error about locked eeprom.
                U1 update tool throws a "download error".

Can anybody make and upload ISO of that tool?
                In my case now Write / read good. BUT He cut in upload my file in 192KB. I have choose 256 or 290 KB but always upload 192KB .... in svode and rt809h ..

Comment

@RethoricalCheese
                  This is probably the tool that you need to write data back, you will need a USB flash drive.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much! This works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                      @RethoricalCheese
                      This is probably the tool that you need to write data back, you will need a USB flash drive.
                      Any solution of my problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by keczuk View Post
                        In my case now Write / read good. BUT He cut in upload my file in 192KB. I have choose 256 or 290 KB but always upload 192KB .... in svode and rt809h ..
                        In my case with svod3 done read the t490 1663mec file and save it is 256kb ok then erase it and write an unlocked file after that i boot to bios and supervisor password gone all ok then i repeat the process and write back the original file that i save the first time and i can confirm t490 unlocked.
                        No PULL-UP resistors to JTAG signals needed or 3.3v power suply as pin 6 has 3.3v only connect direct to svod3 all 6 jtag pins.
                        PULL-UP Resitor must move to PULL-DOWN like attached photo and put back after every step.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by JOHNLAG7; 05-02-2021, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I just moved reset signal resistor and used keyboard connector to do all the programming. Worked well.

Comment

i try read T490 with SVOD3 / MEC1663 / boot block not protected

how to unlock boot . MEC1663 . emergency ,mass erase is there any tool to unlock boot i cant read or wright .

Comment

I keep getting invalid serial number messages even after adding unit serial number and board serial numbers am I missing something... T490s thinkpad with a new board

Comment

Originally posted by superhansi View Post
                                Hi,

anyone can share a (256kb) MEC dump with info block? (containing SER#,CON#,USR#...) or share the SVP offset (e.g. for DXE mapped its 0x1F400)? With SVP would be great.
                                thanks

yes we have the ful dump eeprom for all thinkpad . and also mec1663 .

Comment

Originally posted by cgtec View Post
                                  yes we have the ful dump eeprom for all thinkpad . and also mec1663 .
                                  would u plz share dumps?

Comment

Originally posted by spbios View Post
                                    would u plz share dumps?
                                    If you have password then you dont need dump.Read chip save and program back and done.After need dmi add and complete.

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                                      If you have password then you dont need dump.Read chip save and program back and done.After need dmi add and complete.
                                      how it could be?, reading mec and rewrte back same dump and will be done!
                                      i cannot get your point

plz
                                      can u explain better?

Comment

You can't read protected area. So if you read dump, you only will get unprotected area. But when you write, you also write on the protected area. This clears the protected area, thus clearing password, serial numbers etc.

Comment

In my case it doesn't work. The T490s laptop, read MEC1663, saved the dump. Programed new MEC dump from update. When start, the laptop gives the opportunity to enter the BIOS, but with limited rights. SVP remains active! DMI data remains(serial, model...)

What am i doing wrong?
                                          p.s. svod3 programmer

Comment

Working...
                                          X