Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lenovo V110-15ISK Unlocked BIOS Password

Originally posted by r_phan View Post
    Hi guys, I hope I can ask your help in this thread.

I have a V110-15ISK (Type 80TL) laptop with a password protected BIOS and a dead HDD. I tried to replace said HDD with a modern SSD, but it is not recognised by the system. It probably needs some settings changed in the BIOS, but I can't get in.

I tried flashing some of the bios files on offer on this site using WinFlash64.exe which I got from Lenovo's site, but it errors out on me with error 233 (ERROR 233 - Only secured capsule is allowed on a SecureFlash system!).

Do I need another application to flash the file?

Thanks for your help!
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

post the original bios ..
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      Thanks. I've been trying to figure out how to successfully dump this laptops BIOS, but I'm lost at which tools to use and the LENOVO section is not clear about this. Can I dump (and/or flash) the bios using command line tools, or will I always need a dedicated external usb programmer?

[edit]
      Sorry for my ignorance, I'm not very familiar with externally messing with BIOS chips.
      I actually found a CH341a programmer lying around in one of my drawers which I think is suited to the job. And I think I successfully managed to dump my v110s BIOS with it, it is attached to this post. If someone would be so kind as to have a look?
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-05-2023, 08:43 AM. Reason: Attachments cleanup,server space low.

Comment

@r_phan
        Your BIOS file seems to be incomplete.

Comment

I tried again, this one verified in the programmer as being the same. Any better?
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-05-2023, 08:43 AM. Reason: Attachments cleanup,server space low.

Comment

@r_phan
            The file looks a lot better, which software did you use with CH341A programmer? as sometimes the software being used with CH341A corrupts readings/writings to BIOS chip.
            Use this file ONLY if you have verified dump against BIOS chip contents (as you mention in previous post):
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by r_phan View Post
              I tried again, this one verified in the programmer as being the same. Any better?
              Use Asprogrammer Software it works best with ch341a without any issue.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...7NEwpzq_k7aaUZ

Comment

Thank you both.

I think I already messed something up, as the laptop is no longer booting after dumping the BIOS using the USB programmer.

I used Ch341a USB Programmer Software V1.40.0.0 (SiberiaProg) as my tool.

I'll try your software, but I think it's already too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Aditya11ttt View Post
                  Use Asprogrammer Software it works best with ch341a without any issue.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...7NEwpzq_k7aaUZ
                  I thought I had ruined the bios chip, but using Asprogrammer I managed to flash it back into life. I did not use my own bios dump as I did not trust it, but found a .bin for the same model in another thread and... it boots again and the password is gone.

Very happy. Sorry for being a total moron going about this, but you guys pointed me in the right direction. Thanks!

Comment

hello guys sorry for bothering you all but i just bought a Lenovo V110 15isk form a random person from facebook market place and i noticed it has a HDD inside so i tried to replace it with a much faster SSD. i prepared my windows usb, i opened up the pc and switch the 2.5" drive with SSD then when i plugged my usb it didn't work. i went to the bios so i can switch it to legacy mode than i found it is protected with a password. Now all i ask from you guys is to walk me trough how i can extract my bios and give it to you so you could maybe crack the password and also show me how to flash the new one. please help me....
                    PS: sorry for my language mistakes.

Comment

Lenovo V110-15ISK BIOS password help

Hello!

I need help resetting BIOS password on this laptop.

Motherboard:

LV115SK MB
                      15277-1N
                      448.08B01.001N

BIOS chip is from manufacturer GIGADEVICE:

GD25B64CSIG on the IC, datasheet show that it is GD25B64C but

I got CH341A and read IC with ASprogrammer, it detected two options:

GD25Q64 and GD25Q64B so i took the dump from GD25Q64 and uploaded here.

Should i read the other detected IC and upload it as well? which one is the correct one?

can anybody help me with this?

please be soft on me as i am still learning
                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-05-2023, 08:44 AM. Reason: Attachments cleanup,server space low.

Comment

Re: Lenovo V110-15ISK BIOS password help

Originally posted by Ezis View Post
                        Hello!

I need help resetting BIOS password on this laptop.

Motherboard:

LV115SK MB
                        15277-1N
                        448.08B01.001N

BIOS chip is from manufacturer GIGADEVICE:

GD25B64CSIG on the IC, datasheet show that it is GD25B64C but

I got CH341A and read IC with ASprogrammer, it detected two options:

GD25Q64 and GD25Q64B so i took the dump from GD25Q64 and uploaded here.

Should i read the other detected IC and upload it as well? which one is the correct one?

can anybody help me with this?

please be soft on me as i am still learning
                        You have selected the correct bios chip but your bios file is corrupted, you need to read the chip again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                        Thanks to all supporters.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                          You have selected the correct bios chip but your bios file is corrupted, you need to read the chip again.
                          Thank you for Your quick response.

I've read it again, could you please check if it is still corrupted?
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-05-2023, 08:45 AM. Reason: Attachments cleanup,server space low.

Comment

Thank you for Your quick response.

I've read it again, could you please check if it is still corrupted?
                            Apparently there was a change from the previous file but it still crashed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Apparently there was a change from the previous file but it still crashed.
                              I appreciate your help!

Is it because of CH341A itself or could it be ASprogrammer?

I tried two reads with neoprogrammer, but it seems that it also crashes in mid-reading as after read i try detect chip again and it shows that no ic is found.

It might be that i need volt mod CH341A to read IC properly?
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-05-2023, 08:45 AM. Reason: Attachments cleanup,server space low.

Comment

I appreciate your help!

Is it because of CH341A itself or could it be ASprogrammer?

I tried two reads with neoprogrammer, but it seems that it also crashes in mid-reading as after read i try detect chip again and it shows that no ic is found.

It might be that i need volt mod CH341A to read IC properly?
                                The 3rd and 4th read, the 2 files are still different, your programmer either leaves some areas blank or reverses the positions of the regions together, I don't know if this is the fault of CH341A or ASprogrammer.

Comment

The 3rd and 4th read, the 2 files are still different, your programmer either leaves some areas blank or reverses the positions of the regions together, I don't know if this is the fault of CH341A or ASprogrammer.
                                  I think it is Ch341A fault, i tried voltage mod mentioned in this forum but i ripped off one pin, so i ordered Ch341A version where you can switch between voltages, will come back with new dump after i receive it, thank you for your help for now.

Comment

I think it is Ch341A fault, i tried voltage mod mentioned in this forum but i ripped off one pin, so i ordered Ch341A version where you can switch between voltages, will come back with new dump after i receive it, thank you for your help for now.

I got the new Ch341A version and switched to 3.3V and did the read of IC again, but i'm thinking its still corrupted, can someone check that?
                                    Attached Files

Comment

I got the new Ch341A version and switched to 3.3V and did the read of IC again, but i'm thinking its still corrupted, can someone check that?
                                      Here's your new file, try it and let me know the results.
                                      Attached Files
                                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                      all donations are welcome,
                                      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                      >>>>>
                                      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                                        Here's your new file, try it and let me know the results.
                                        Sorry for late reply, just got new BIOS chips in mail, programmed and soldered and my computer is working now, thank you very much!

Have a great day

Comment

Sorry for late reply, just got new BIOS chips in mail, programmed and soldered and my computer is working now, thank you very much!

Have a great day
                                          That's good, You're Welcome.
                                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                          all donations are welcome,
                                          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                          >>>>>
                                          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<

Comment

Working...
                                          X