Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UniFi Switch 24 250W power supply

This is inside a UniFi Switch 24 250W - quality power supply, all Rubycon

Unfortunately it doesn't power on - no reading on the 48V and 24V going to the main board

Is the black shrink-wrapped thing shown in the second pic a fuse?

It's denoted FDG1, doesn't show a Ω reading on my UT-61E
    Attached Files
    better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Re: UniFi Switch 24 250W power supply

No as you can see it's connected to the chassis ground.
    The fuse is further down on the right in the same photo, heatshrinked standing up marked F1.
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 10-21-2018, 03:07 AM.
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
      fuse is further down on the right in the same photo, heatshrinked standing up marked F1.
      Thanks Per

I must be getting too old for this stuff - or too keen for it to be a fuse problem

There's also an F2 near the F1, out of the pic

Anyway, both fuses are open, but that's the least of the problems

This is what I found underneath the PSU PCB

This is the end of the road for the switch - even if UniFi PSUs were readily available, there's no guarantee that failure didn't fry the switch electronics
      Attached Files
      better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Did a search for EA18363 and this came up as the second hit, quite interesting / disconcerting

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeSw...w/td-p/1747440

There is a link on the third page to a Youtube video showing components without the black magic smoke over them, to help in component identification.
        I'd offer to help you fix it but seems you are a bit ways off, always wanted to go to Australia though, hmmm
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

I'd be interested in seeing someone fix one of these.
          I know of quite a few in service, so it's a bit concerning. Shame your switch is a few thousand miles away, else I'd have a go.

Comment

Working...
          X