HELLO
    pls can you check my bios if it s correct the dummp and if you can clean it
    Attached Files

Re: Hp elitebook 840 g5 bios clean

Try and give feedback
    Attached Files

Comment

What you need? Clear password or a ME Cleared?

Comment

password pls

Comment

try and report
          Attached Files

Comment

You ask only to clean it !
            try cleared and cleaned
            Attached Files
            Last edited by lapfix; 07-29-2020, 04:02 AM.

Comment

done thanks to all

Comment

Hi good afternoon i need a clean ME Image preferably the most new version for HP Elitebook 840 G5 , board number is EliteBook 840 G5 6050a3038201-mb-a01_32MB the problem i lost the bios chip i need to reprogram a new ONE

Comment

I tried this dump from Forum but the problem it takes 1 minute to start and when i try to update bios from HP laptop gets bricked
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lrservicios View Post
                    I tried this dump from Forum but the problem it takes 1 minute to start and when i try to update bios from HP laptop gets bricked
                    Try this file and give me the results.
                    Attached Files
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                    all donations are welcome,
                    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                    >>>>>
                    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                      Try this file and give me the results.
                      Thank you its working, now the laptop boots normaly but the problem after i update bios from HP the laptop gets bricked

Comment

Bios is Okay, Updated to current yet has about 50 seconds late display.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ajbernasko View Post
                          Bios is Okay, Updated to current yet has about 50 seconds late display.
                          Clean the ME firmware - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...41&postcount=3
                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                            I want to learn how to but for today may I have the offsets for the ME region ?

Comment

Hey dear community

I bought a notebook at the flea market, an HP 840 G5, unfortunately there is an admin password in the bios and the boot process only works on network boot and it starts a kind of linux. I have no way of using a usb or anything. Can you save something with the bin file?

Or do I have to replace the bios chip?

It would be really nice if you could help me

By the way, English is not my mother tongue, so forgive me if I don't write it correctly.

What is needed that you can help me?

Comment

Originally posted by Astalavista1990 View Post
                                Hey dear community

I bought a notebook at the flea market, an HP 840 G5, unfortunately there is an admin password in the bios and the boot process only works on network boot and it starts a kind of linux. I have no way of using a usb or anything. Can you save something with the bin file?

Or do I have to replace the bios chip?

It would be really nice if you could help me

By the way, English is not my mother tongue, so forgive me if I don't write it correctly.

What is needed that you can help me?
                                do I have to replace the bios chip?
                                No, Waste of money and don't solve your problem.
                                Buy a programmer , using it for read content of your bios chip and then upload that file here.
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...40&postcount=2
                                Last edited by hoaca388; 01-14-2023, 06:46 AM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                Become a Badcaps supporter
                                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                Thanks to all supporters.
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                  Buy a programmer , using it for read content of your bios chip and then upload that file here.

thanks for the info since it's new to me you can suggest me a programmer and then you have to solder out the chip

so I can buy the right one

Kind regards ?

Comment

thanks for the info since it's new to me you can suggest me a programmer and then you have to solder out the chip

so I can buy the right one

Kind regards ?
                                    sorry read too late in the link is one inside

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                      I took a quick look, so a programmer costs €80 on average, a new bios chip costs €20 (pre-programmed)

I think the effort for just one chip is very expensive

If you buy the programmer, can you do it without soldering or do you still have to take it out?

Comment

I took a quick look, so a programmer costs €80 on average, a new bios chip costs €20 (pre-programmed)

I think the effort for just one chip is very expensive

If you buy the programmer, can you do it without soldering or do you still have to take it out?
                                        The new pre-programmed bios chip can't erase the password for you.
                                        Ch341A is the cheapest one, I don't know how much it costs in Europe but maybe it's what you need, notice the voltage of this type is 5vol, you have to mod the voltage to 3.3vol or 1.8volt (can be bought voltage converter)
                                        you can buy an extra clamp so that you don't have to remove the chip from the main board (if it's a SOP8 chip), some users solder wires to the excess solder pin on the WSON8 chip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                        Thanks to all supporters.
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Working...
                                        X