X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello badcaps from Spain!

I am a hobbyist with little knowledge in electronics.
    I like to learn and repair computers at home when they break down, although I do not always get it.
    I joined to ask questions and answer questions and if it is possible to help others.

Comment

Hi there, I'm Andriy have been repairing my PC since 2004, thank you.

Comment

Hi everyone. My name is Oleg and I'm from Belarus.
        Here I could find useful information regarding fixing and repair. It is a sort of hobby for me.

Comment

Hello everyone,
          I'm Artur from Poland, I am looking for information on laptop motherboard repairs

Comment

Hi! I'm from Italy. I'm a DiY enthusiast, and electronics addicted so I think I'm at the right place. :-)

Comment

I joined this forum because I'm looking for a way of controlling the fan speed on my laptop (HP 15-bs183no). I find it noisy and annoying, because it runs almost all the time, also at idle. The laptop is new, so dust is not an issue. I have tried the power control settings in windows, setting it to passive cooling policy, but that did not help much. I am now looking at "notebook fan control", trying to make a configuration file that works for my laptop... Any advice would be appreciated...

Comment

Hello mostly came to grab brd files for mac book repairs etc but will hopefully be able to help a few of you

Comment

Hey there,
                  I am here in search of advice on fixing my tv, so I am taking my first stab at electronics repair. I have no education in electronics but I am willing to learn.
                  Thank you!

Comment

New to the board but way impressed with the knowledge and experience I have seen so far. Have a TV that went dead and l was hoping to find the answers to get it fixed. Looking forward to learning from everyone here!

Comment

Hi all, appreciate the infomation and knowledge I know is contained on this site. I'm groovyfingers. I have an smog & electric auto shop and I am curious about electronics, just have poked around the web and gleaned information on various projects I've gotten into. Some auto electronics. Guitar amps mostly. Tube and limited solid state. I need much more schooling to understand the makeup of solid state circuitry. But I soldier on. Thanks for reading and see you on the forums.

Comment

Hi All! Obligatory post, to say hello to my fellow BIOS and motherboard wizards

Comment

I go by SpaceToast. I'm a grumpy old dude, so I'll keep this short & sweet: I'm older than dirt & twice as ugly. A few decades ago I was an Electronics Tech in the US Coast Guard. Then some other stuff happened which brings us to now, when I'm a Ham radio operator and general tinkerer re-learning some of the electronics stuff I used to recite in my sleep.

See ya "in there".....
                          - Don't let the magic smoke out!

- I think I used to think I knew how to think?

Comment

Hello
                            I found this great forum searching info on my dead dell lapto. I love computers and staff related to electronics.

Comment

Hi, I am joeynho95 from Nigeria. I was introduced to this forum by a friend and I'm happy to a part of these great minds have seen during my research. I hope it learn and gain a lot of knowledge from this forum. Thank you all

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm an industrial automation electrician from Finland, but currently working in Romania. I have about 14 years of experience in this field.

I have a wide playing field in my current job. One day I'm designing an electrical cabinet, next day building it and after that programming a plc to control whichever function it needs to do. My job also consists a lot of fault finding and I'm pretty good at that. Sometimes I work as a mechanic too, whatever is needed to keep machines running and production lines working.

I like jo learn new things, and electronics repair is one thing I'd like get more into. I know this forum a priceless resource to help achieve this goal.

Thank you for everyone for sharing their knowledge for the public. I hope one day I can also pitch in.

Comment

Hi, my name is Abe. I am an electronics and computer enthusiast and self taught technician. I am always on the lookout for new resources and sources of knowledge and useful tools and software to add to my always-growing database of personal knowledge of everything mechanical and electronic and/or digital. I just wanted to introduce myself to gain access to all the features this forum has to offer, a kind of "pot of gold at the end of the rainbow." Hopefully i can contribute something in the future and pay it forward for all the wonderful people who think of others and offer aid and assistance when needed!

Happy Tinkering!!

Comment

Hello, I have been reading the forum for some while and I think that I can contribute. But let's not go off topic - I hereby confirm that I am not a bot (which is the sole purpose of this post according to the welcome PM every new user gets

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Larry. Have appreciated this website and found useful info to re-energize my brain cells regarding electronics. Worked as a electrical engineer for 12 years 28 years ago, then went into a managerial role with some electrical, but mostly software oriented work. Left the fun work to those who were doing the design/debug/test activities. So knowledge/skills are a bit rusty now that I retired and have time to attempt to debug/fix a favorite LCD monitor that died last year. Hopefully, with help from the threads it will be a successful endeavor!

Comment

Hello, my name is Paul and I own a computer repair business since 2006. I have worked with computers since my dad and I built an Imsai 8080 back around '75 and I learned to program in basic and on cassette tape. I graduated to a Radio shack TRS 80 (AKA trash 80) then an Apple II clone and on to the early IBM PC clones and here we are today. I worked as a cop in the 80s, later worked on the computers in the cars (MCTs) and have worked in Aerospace with early days of digital publishing on a Kodak KEEPS system (unix based).

For fun I have a fully animated Christmas display running Light o Rama and Xlights. Have an animations snowman MC of the show, all synchronized to music. Over 50K lights.

I am taking on the task of repairing my LG 2008 plasma TV, so I came here for some tips and found them!

Comment

hello all, my name is Kev. This is my first forum so forgive me if I get something wrong.
                                          I am 50 years old and have been in the electronics innovation and repair industry for over 32 years now and loved every minute of it. I am now mainly stuck behind a desk with management and admin duties but grab any chance I can to get in the electronics lab.
                                          I have been looking for a good forum for a while now and looks like I have made the right choice.
                                          I look forward to communicating with you all and hope we can help each other and become good friends and colleagues.
                                          I am looking at increasing my knowledge on Apple products such as the I-Phone, I-Pad and macbooks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X