This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, happy to have joined the forum, some really useful information here and I hope to be able to contribute in the coming months.

Comment

Hello guys, I'm an electronics engineer without much practical experience because I went directly in the IT long time ago. Now I'm getting older and want to do the real stuff (= electronics) as an hobbyist in my spare time. This includes sometimes repairing laptops, which is a real challenge. Hope to get and give some useful informations here.

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm a just a diy repair enthusiast trying to keep things out of the landfill and learn something along the way

Comment

Hello, I'm a new user here, and by that a potential newbie when it comes to repairing motherboards. At the moment I can only replace with a working one but not directly fix the current board. So here, with potentially information that I may require will be of use to me for many years to come. I'm just willing to learn no matter how long it'll take.

Comment

Hello everyone,
            my name is Ramzi and i'm from tunisia.
            I'm looking for help from your great forum.
            Good luck for us.

Comment

Hello Folks! My name is Mario and I reside in WV. I really enjoy tinkering with and trying to repair broken electronics. I have found and used this site quite a few times through Google when I was working on a project. This site is very informative and helpful. So I wanted to join to have access to even more topics and posts to learn more. I don't have any troubleshooting tools like voltage and other current readers. I do have a very basic solder kit from Amazon. But I may look into purchasing other tools to help eliminate power issues, etc. I would like to thank the moderators and others who run this forum for allowing me to become a member. Have a good one!

Comment

Hello everyone,
                My name is Misha and i'm from Russia, Far East, Khabarovsk city.

Comment

Hello from Travis Schlosser , HAM and electronics are my thing , i like to fix TV's and radio transmitters. like to learn.

Comment

Wow, I just joined a little while back and I have to say, it's astounding the number of new members that have joined in just a few days. :O Really cool place..

“Men always seem to think about their
                    past before they die, as though they were
                    frantically searching for proof that they
                    truly lived.”
                    – Jet (Cowboy Bebop) -

Comment

Hello there.

Comment

Hello everyone! My name is Vinayak! I am from Raleigh, NC! Thanks for having me here!

Comment

Hello,

My name is Kieran and im from Sydney, Australia.
                          I found this forum looking for help for my TV that started to behave weirdly.
                          Looks like this will be very useful.

Cheers

Comment

Hello,

Grateful to have discovered this forum/site of useful knowledge.

My computer and electronics enjoyment started with my fathers' Commedor 64K fed via 5.25 floppy. Any TV would serve as a monitor. A manure brown colored keyboard and CPU were held within a taupe colored plastic body. The next machine was an IBM clone..an 8086 with both 3.5/5.25 drives. The HD was a paltry paperweight. Monochromatic graphics left much to be desired, even if one could only see in green. Next up, a Packard Bell 386sx only about 14% better.
                            Through the years I also became self taught via electronic project kits from Edmunds Scientific*, American Surplus and Science*, Radio Shack(RIP)*and whatever else I could disassemble with a basic Swiss Army knife. I was inspired by my father who was a steam turbine engineer for nuclear power plants with General Electric or Westinghouse guts. I was taught to solder by an awesome stained glass artist (my mother)

I'm now in my early 40's and I there is so much to learn and apply.

More to come...

*I do not advertise, support, recommend or endorse this company, nor do I receive incentives for mentioning their products despite it being 30 + years since...thanks

Comment

Un saludo a TODOS.

Hola mi apodo es Rox. Soy de españa y soy autodidacta en temas de reparacion de placas y todo tipo de objetos electricos y electronicos. Estarén encantado de ayudar si esta en mi mano. Gracias a todos y un saludo.

Comment

Hello,
                                I'm new to this forum. I came across this forum after looking for some help trying to fix a locked bios.

Comment

hellooo

Comment

Hello everyone.
                                    My name is Vitaliy I - with Ukraines, city YUzhnoukrainska. We Ask to forgive for my english.
                                    Last edited by vpalamar; 05-02-2019, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vpalamar View Post
                                      Hello everyone.
                                      My name is Vitaliy I - with Ukraines, city YUzhnoukrainska. We Ask to forgive for my english.
                                      The Good forum.

Comment

Hello guys, I worked in an electronics service center and was searching for a best forum group. Luckily, my friend recommended me this site so I decided to join quickly without hesitation..

Comment

Hi folks

Comment

Working...
                                          X