X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi to all,
    53 years old electronic eng. Start to work as IT engineer back in 1984 on Sperry 1170. TV repair shop owner at 1986, and so on. Work as service engineer with marine electronics, Computer repair shop owner 1990,marine electronic engineer on board vessels and oil rigs for about 10 years. working within samsung shipyard on series of driling dp rig as E&I engineer. develop DSP recorder for land oil rig + microcontroller software and PC software for same product. Siemens S7 engineer developing control units for oil rig equipment.
    Working with 32 bit Dsp Microchip,Atmel,Motorola.
    developing a smart home electronics with micro:bit as well as with arduino.

Here I would like to share some solution for TV repair but also I would like to find some information to be able to repair some of TV sets I have on hold for a while.

Best regards from Croatia

Comment

Hi guys

Absolute newbie thats been fascinated with elec eng.

I have some experiencing with soldering modchips in my younger days on consoles and that naturally progressed to further elec work/projects.

I would like to begin repairing my old laptop to get more experience doing using a hot airwork station and taking it further from there. I really enjoy the challenge

Best wished from Portugal

Comment

Greetings,
        I've arrived here because I hate to see things thrown away that can be repaired.
        My current problem is that I'm trying to cure my 2013 Panasonic Plasma tv P42S60 of the red sparklies that have appeared after I replaced the Power supply board. The tv seems to be irreplaceable at this time since none of the manufacturers seems to want to make a high quality tv 42"-43" tv, and we don't want or need a 55" tv.
        I've read quite a bit on the forum so far and have some clues and things to check out starting with loose cables.
        thanks
        Buzz

Comment

Hey, guys. I'm currently a EE undergraduate and looking to improve my knowledge in electronics.

Best wishes from Brazil.

Comment

Hiyall! Stumbled upon here while searching for info on fixing an HP monitor. Had to sign in to see the pics and, we'll, here I am. I am a mechanical engineer, but had some electronics courses as well, mostly manufacturing related, though. Always been interested in electronics, never really dove into it other than making and fixing the simpler stuff.
            Located in Finland, working as a designing consultant, mostly designing chemical pipelines and steel structures.

-TY-

Comment

Greetings to all electronics lovers from Ivica from Croatia

Comment

Hello, joined seeking advice repairing a laptop.

Comment

Hi everyone, Im from Portugal, Im an IT technician. I´ve been a member from long time ago, but i've been lurking in the shadows and only now i'm going to contribute to this forum. Hope i can help and be helped by you guys

Comment

like this site, hope to learn

Comment

hello,
                      im from turkey and love to work with laptops

Comment

Hello all from east coast USA.

i am a computer repair hobbyist. ive done mostly software, virus removal, os install and things of the such. custom building computers for friends. i started to get into replacing digitizers on tablets as well as batteries. moved onto replacing screens as well once i felt more comfortable.

i want to immerse myself even more by delving into board level diagnostic and repair. people like louisrossman and tcrscircuit on youtube do such wonderful work. i would love to be able to do that as well. ive never done anything even remotely close so i hope to provide and also gain any knowledge in this field.

let the journey begin, cheers.

Comment

Greetings

I am Ahmed for Egypt. I love electronics. I have a B.S.c in Accounting and business administration. After 8 years as accountant and finally a financial manager I decided to live my dream which is studying electronics. I self-studied analog domain, and practicing it now from 5 years as Biomedical devices technician. I am self-studying now the digital domain wish me luck.

Best Regards
                          Ahmed Hamdy

Comment

hi everyone..looking forward to learn about electronics and some guidance from this forum..

bump to this forum while looking for BGA rework station

greetings...

Comment

Hello Everyone. Its nice to be here.

Comment

Hello All. I'm approaching my 4th decade working in radio & electronics, now it's time to try some laptop repairs.

Cheers

Comment

hallo guys i am new here hope that a have a lot to learn here about repairing such as board level repair..

Comment

Hello, I am looking for Windows NT 4.0 Post-SP6a non-public updates here.

Comment

Hey all,

New here, trying to fix a Vizio TV I found on the side of the road. Halfway there but hit a bump!

Comment

joining to find solutions for my Acer spin 5

Comment

New to forum.... Hello

Hi, My name is Mick and I will do my best to answer any questions that I am confident, I can answer correctly. I'm fairly new to the electronics world but do have a basic understanding of how circuits and most of their components work. I am an automotive mechanic and have a good working knowledge of most things mechanical and electrical. I hope to be able to join in and learn something.

Comment

Working...
                                          X