X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone,

My name is Terry, and I'm from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I'm an electronics and computer hobbyist and a dentist by trade. I started programing in assembly at the age of four, and by the age of 6, I was taking every single electronic device in my parents' house apart and putting it back together again. Surprisingly, my parents did not stop me from ruining their appliances or equipment but rather encouraged me to reassemble them to working condition. At the age of 16, I was able to reverse engineer Nokia's data cable which was being sold for $750 at the time, and came up with a simpler version that cost $9 instead.

I've been scouring the internet trying to learn more about reprogramming eeproms / fixing corrupt firmwares and I'm super excited to join this amazing community.

Comment

Hi I'm Royo and like trying to get TVs working again if possible

Comment

Hi everyone. Hobby tech here. Loads of great info and minds here. Looking forward to using the forum.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm Leandro from Argentina. I don't know much about electronics but I kind of make the attempt, from time to time, to do stuff apparently beyond my abilities. Like writing a BIOS to an EEPROM using a Raspberry Pi and trying to resurrect a motherboard I really wouldn't like to see become trash. Which is why I'm here, looking for your expertise and guidance.

Comment

Yew 👌🏽

Comment

Good morning
              Billy From Florida
              As many others I do not know the inner workings of electronics I just have tons of respect for those that do. I like to do diy repairs

Comment

Dan here. I keep finding Tvs in the trash and developed an interest in troubleshooting and onboard repair. This forum was recommended by a friend.

Comment

Hi All, I am Bob Friendship (71) 0f South West England.

This is my first post.(!) I am here because I sought info on repairing my old Toshiba Satellite and find a plethora of interesting posts by all manner of folk.
                  I have many interests but I embrace IT which I have worked with since the mid 70's.
                  I hate throwing old systems out unless it is futile to maintain them.
                  For all the years I am really just a novice.

Comment

Hi there. Im Urlain. Born and raised in Soutb Africa.

I'm no electronic genius... i was looking for solution and came across your site.

Wishing you all a good day. Stay safe

Comment

I there

Im a computer and electronics technician working experience on this area about 20 years.
                      Im here to share my knowledge helping when i can see my know how is helpful to someone, and learn with all the people of the forum since, with the advances of technology it important to share knowledge.

Compliments

Comment

Hey. I have been a repair tech since the mid-to-late 70's. By 1990, I was working for the largest warranty repair firm in the San Francisco Bay Area. My specialty was mostly TV's and VCR's, though I also worked on the occasional stereo.

I'm retired now. I'm not ashamed to admit, I'm 65--though I don't feel it, nor do I look it. For the past decade-or-so, I have focused mainly on my other professional interest--Photography. I still repair my own stuff, including TV's and computers. My desktop computer is one that I have build myself. I also do my own computer-coding/software-design. I have since the early 70's. But that is more just a hobby.

Comment

hi all thanks for having me here i have learned a lot of from coming to this site and thought i would join up

i like tinkering with broken electricals and seeing if i can save them i hate throwing stuff away that can be saved and this site has helped me save a lot of stuff that normally would of been scrapped

Comment

sup! Just following the instructions and posting here.

Comment

Hi everyone! My Name is arehlr, i found this forum searching about a laptop, because my laptop turns on but is left with a black screen. i am very excited with this forum, it is full of very useful information, i dont speak english, but i try to understand. Thank you!

Comment

Hello!

I've used this forums info to fix many tvs and look forward to fixing many more.

Comment

Hi everyone!

I'm an electrical engineer, and I regulary fix a lot of desktop and notebook motherboards, and power supplies. A have a lot of hobby project too, primarily with routers or any other network devices with Openwrt. I have already integrated some devices into these, such as a DS1820 1-wire temperature sensor, and a 2x16 character wide HD44780 LCD display over I2C-bus.

Comment

Hello everyone, I am Tv repairer from Malaysi. Have a nice day :-)

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Ukdigger and I like trying to fix things, anything from cars to TV's.

Comment

Hello everyone my name is Ruedi, just an electronics enthusiast who tries to solve every problem. And repairing is still more satisfying than buying new. Greetz

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm here to try and bring my Panasonic TC-P42ST30 back from the dead.

Comment

Working...
                                          X