This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, my name is Piers from London. Been messing around with PCs for many many years, joined this forum to get some help diagnosing a fault with a plasma display. Kind regards

Comment

Greetings from Missouri. Just starting to get interested in component level repair and this seems like a good place to sit and read!

Comment

Hello,
        Just here hoping to learn from those more experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by willawake View Post
          welcome feel free to ask any question or just have fun...
          new to the site got some interesting questions on samsung tv here on the west coast

Comment

hi all... just trying to post new thread wording here so i can post but will say hi for now

Comment

Hola, me llamo Ventura y soy de España, tengo una tienda de informática y estoy intentando meterme en la reparación de placas, he hecho algunos curso pero poca solución hasta ahora.

Comment

Hello-

Have been lurking here for a while and learned a good deal by doing so. Finally need to post, so here's the requisite introductory post.

Comment

Hi all,
                  Glad to join this forum.

My name is Rasel and I am from Bangladesh.

Cannot wait to explore around and learn new things.

Have a nice day everyone and kudos the admin and crew members.

Comment

Hi, My name is Petra. I have been working in IT for over 19 years and have only recently been interested in board repairs.

I totally love It and electronics but I consider myself a complete newbie. There are some incredibly talented peeps out there. So I have been milling my own PCBs for various small projects for quite a few years. I am learning loads but my disaster pile far out counts those that actually work. (Much to the amusement of my daughters :-))

So there was this Retina MacBook that had been in the recycle pile for absolutely ages at work as it kept failing and I thought to boot it to Ubuntu. (I totally love Ubuntu). Omgosh, i hadn't seen a screen like it. It was b e a utiful.

And then it stopped working :'-) . To late, I had been smitten. I named her Harley Quinn and was determined to get her working again.

I have spent hours on Youtube learning from Louis and Paul and Jessa, one of them keep me company in the morning when I am getting ready for work. Finally, I plucked up enough courage to open Harley up and start to find out what her problem was. Turns out that she had a problem with her U8900 chip. So I did what Apple did, and put some shoe sole on her Chip. It worked!!!!! Well for about 6 months till i had a Zoom meeting. :-(

So resolder i had to. So this will be the the second attempt at resoldering, and I have great hopes. I have made a new solder tip, bought some decent solder and have all my fingers crossed. (Not the ones that will be soldering, that would be silly)

That you guys for having me.x

Comment

Hello,

I am here to get my LED fix hopefully I'll get help I needed

Comment

Hey guys, I've not long gotten into component level repairs and am looking forward to learning from you all.

Thanks

Comment

Hello! I'm a programmer from Croatia that Needs some help with electronics from smarter people than myself.

Comment

Hi, Rachel from UK, complete beginner, looking for general hints and tips to troubleshooting (finding where the hell the short is located on the PPBUS_G3H) on one of the new T2 Apple logic boards with blown cap from water damage. Yes, the annoying T2 that makes it impossible to pull data straight out of soldered SSD. Anyone with experience on tracking down problems on these boards, feel free to reach out and give me instructions and general hints. I'm happy to put in the time to measure everything step by step.

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm JR. New to the forum, but am a service engineer in the printing industry. Glad to have found this site as it looks like a good place for troubleshooting tips.

Comment

Hi all, I'm an electronics hobbyist that knows just about enough to be dangerous .
                                I registered here to read and learn from others.

Comment

Hi All. i'm much a pre novice wishing to learn a little more in order to fix my own gadgets. This seems to be a great place to get useful info from thanks all for your contributions and having started this forum.

Comment

Hola
                                    soy un senior desarollador de software especializado en sistemas. Buscando BIOS para repara ordenadores antiguos. Muchas gracias por los recursos y las contribuciones posteados.

Comment

Hello
                                      I am a senior software developer specialized in systems. Looking for BIOS to repair old computers. Thank you very much for the resources and contributions posted.

Comment

Just signed up. Im a automotive technician by trade. Fixing and troubleshooting TVs on the side for fun.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I am Olu from the UK and I came acoss this forum while searching google for information on how to edit BIOS. I repair and sell laptops on ebay so I feel so blessed to come across such a wealth of information on this forum. I hope to be able to contribute in any way I can but it seems you guys are much more knowledgable than me

Comment

Working...
                                          X