This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I'm Matt. Always been a tinkerer with electronics, but want to make a go of it to save money instead of replacing items and paying expensive repair fees!

Comment

This is a great forum, found it trying to repair an old Dell monitor. Can't wait to be a part of the community!

G

Comment

Jake here great forum I have gotten lots of tips off here and want to get involved.

Comment

Hey just signed up, im moneyfairy, and i'm looking for some help fixing a monitor.

Comment

Hi. Am Intellecat, an electronics technician for over 15 years. Main field of expertise is board level repair of laptops. Guess have long experience in this field and hope to be of help to others as well as get more and more experience since these things are changing overnight. Cheers.

Comment

Hi, I am Nick and i am from Sydney Australia looking for some help to fix a couple of TV's i have, hopefully someone can help me out
              Thanks

Comment

Hello all
                My name is Kevin, fed up of throwing motherboards in the rubbish hoping to get some info on repairing them. Computer repair technician interested in board level repair.
                Thanks

Comment

Hello forum!! Time to add my contributions!

Comment

Hi,
                    I am a retired Electronic Technician. I have CETma. from the ETA. Certified in the following feilds of electronics. Radar, Computer Service Tech., Wireless Communications, Telecommunications, Consumer Electronics, Industrial Electronics.
                    State Radio/TV License, FCC General Radiotelephone / Radar License, A+ CompTIA, Associate in Science in Electronic Servicing and lots of others Certifications.
                    I am not a Engineer but a very well rounded tech that can fix most anything after spending some time checking the device. Even though retired I still enjoy the job as challenging and fun even as a Hobby
                    Ltank

Comment

Hi everyone, Names Aadam (Yes with 2 A's not one) Ive got my BS In network engineering, currently work in software support. I created my profile because im having some issues with my TV and im hoping i can get some help figuring out the problem. I personally am no good with a soldering iron, but a good friend of mine is an EE major and is very good with soldering.

I recently saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico.

Comment

New to this "deep tech" stuff, been a carpenter for the last 13 years, just recently made the shift into computers by accident. A friend really needed some help with his IT business, and I mean REALLY!! He has been a great teacher, I am amazed at what all he has tattooed on my brain in such a short period of time. I came here on a personal mission over a dead LCD TV, but I do believe I will keep this site in my toolbar and "toolbox". You all sound so knowledgeable, I apologize now for being so green at this type of thing, and I praise anyone with patience enough to assist me on my mission. Hope that some day I can pass along some sound advice that helps any member.

Comment

Hi, new to this forum and eager to be an active member of Troubleshooting Laptops & Notebooks section.

Cheers, L2D.
                          Galaxy S6 Edge x2 (Gold&White)
                          Asus GL552VW-i7 6700HQ|GTX 960M|15.6"FHD|16GB DDR4|512GB M.2 SSD+1TB SSD
                          Clevo W230SD - i7 4710MQ|GTX960M|13"QHD+|16GB DDR3L|500GB+256GB mSATA SSD+1TB HDD

Try Harder!

Comment

Hello all! As the name states, to my daughter and wife I am daddy fix all. My background is I'm a retired from the bench Subaru Master Technician and now climbing the ranks of the desk in Service. Never been scared to open up smoked components and find it amazing to know how much automotive manufacturers charge for simple electronic devices. No real electronic education except the basics I learned back 20 years ago about how 12V system in your car operates, so now in the day in age we live the answers are out there within the right means and forums.
                            The old adage "they don't make them like they used to" is very much a part of our society, so when I can save a buck and do what I do best with my hands I seek info and tackle it all! Hope to gain some knowledge and to find some answers, thanks to all who ever take the time to reply any posts I make!!!

Comment

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster! I'm a bit of an electronics tinkerer, will always have a go at repairing things.

Bit stuck on something, so thought I'd better join up...

Wainy.

Comment

I found this site while searching for information on a Dell PS, hope to get some help here! Thanks, Pilm

Comment

Having a bit of computer knowledge means that Im the go to guy for any sort of device that uses electricity and isnt working properly.

I got badgered into figuring out why my Dads TV is broken and found this site when browsing.

Heres to hoping you guys can help.

Seeker

Comment

Hi everyone,

Where to begin? OK, I started out tinkering with electronics (such as they were) when I was a kid. Later became a software engineer (still in Scotland), and have now become a straightforward sparky in France. Recently started tinkering with homemade Arduino clones, and now I'm trying to fix my telly ... again.

Comment

Greetings All,

I came across this site as I searched for ways to repair an old Antec power supply. The postings and pictures were a great resource as I was able to get it back up and running again.

I started in electronics as a Radio and TV technician but for the past 20 + years I've been working in the computing industry. So visiting BadCaps helped to refresh my memory of electronics theory and applications.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi, Markus from Sweden

Have learned alot from this forum, now im going to make a new samsung plasma help me thread with a exiting new error that i have not read about before!

Comment

Re:New Member Intro

Looks like a great forum. I have been in the electronics field for over 40 years. Most of that time was spent in Telecommunications specifically CATV.
                                          In another life I repaired Televisions. Yes they were vacuum tube televisions. When I attended Penn Technical Institute in Pennsylvania Computers took up entire rooms. My first was a pocket TRS-80. It ran BASIC and it ran it slow. By the way I still have it and it works as new.
                                          I got started on this Forum because I am troubleshooting a Vizio GV47 LCD that just died yesterday. I have received a wealth of great data already and I hope I can contribute to help others. From what I have read on this Forum there is a lot of talent unlike most I see on the internet.

Comment

Working...
                                          X