This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I live in a trailer park and get brought all broken electronics. I am a quick learner hope to soak up some good knowledge.

Comment

Hi, looking for some help to fix my TV.

Comment

Hiya, the name is TraineeAngel. I just needed to join as I have a dead motherboard! Hello to everyone :-)

Comment

Hello, my name is Charles. ,

Comment

Joined up since I made the mistake of getting rid of my old trusty 13 year old CRT and mechanical toaster. Now I have 'new technology' plasma and electronic toaster and my life is starting to suck with electronics problems.

And they fudge the CPI figures due to this new tech being an 'improvement' on old!

Comment

Hello my name is Charles and Im trying to save my plasma. I already introduced myself but figured after I posted I should add this.

Comment

Hi, I'm Steve. I joined to read and reply to the interesting posts and to get RusMikes email address. He states to email him with any questions, but gives no email address and I can't find it anywhere.

Comment

Hello. I work woth heatpumps and sometimes helps freinds with tvs.
                  From Sweden.

Comment

Hi, My name is Heru from indonesia, looking for some information about repairing PSU, hope can find some good knowledge. Thanks

Comment

Hi, I am chris, I am an IT technician from Edinburgh, Just thought I would register

Comment

Hey guys! I'm a young man with a physics degree and a suddenly misbehaving monitor that stumbled upon your forums in hopes of getting some help. I'm intrigued by the hands-on attitude you espouse here and am looking forward to getting my hands dirty!

Comment

Hi, my name is Al. I'm an electrical engineering student and a wannabee electronics tinkerer. Found this site when trying to figure out what's wrong with my desktop LCD monitor. Looking forward to learning lots around here!

Comment

Hi guys I'm David from Italy.
                            I was looking for some tips about reading schematics on google when I found this great website, so I decided to sign up!

I hope to be able to post a thread soon because I've a big problem with the reading of a sony vaio, maybe someone could help me!

Thank you again!

Comment

Hi all, I'm Craig from Oz. I've fixed my Fisher and Paykell washing machine logic board and Samsung plasma TV in the past (bad MOSFET and caps respectively) and have joined to discuss repairs and share photos of boards, talk components and repairs in general. Hadn't heard of this site until yesterday when I came across it online, so am glad to be here. Cheers.

Comment

Hiya,

Well my name is Kingsley. I'm into a lot of vintage audio stuff ... but also computers and networking. I consider myself lucky as I've never had caps go bad on me in any one of my 100's of systems over the years... but my network switch's are another story

Now I'm stuck with what seems fairly rare caps that need replacing. Well... being a new member, I'm starting to like this place a lot and I might end up spending a lot of my time here... Things get addicting you know

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                                  My name is Steven Frost. I own my own electronics store and do computer repair.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello All, my name is John. I've been an Amateur Radio operator since I was a child and use to work for the Air Force doing component level repair. I passion is figuring out problems and resolving them. Mostly automotive which is my primary hobby. So you might would guess that I love working on complex electrical problems on cars. You would be right. I came to this site looking for help with a computer monitor.

Thanks, it seems to be a great site.

Comment

Hi, Archdave here. I'm a member of a small group that does electronics repair and build projects. I'll be attempting a power supply caps replacement on a Philips/Magnavox 42MF521D/37 for my step-son. If it works out (hope, hope) I'll be posting the results. Thanks for your assistance with helpful posts in the forums!

Comment

Hey everyone!

I am a computer user since around 1988 when i had my first pc, since then, never stopped being a computer and electronics enthusiast. Started just fixing my own things, and now i'm trying to understand more about advanced electronics.

Lately, been struggling with plasma and lcd repairs, and i found this forum where for what it looks like, everyone helps one another! what a great forum! i want to make part of this!

Comment

Hello to everyone! Crash from Puerto Rico, US
                                          Crash-Cyberdrive writing for the first time, Got that nickname from a friend way back in 1997 when he told that if I kept using the net the way I was (24/7 on dial-up) it was going to crash and since then that been my nickname.
                                          Been around computers since 1994ish, got very interested in knowing more about the internals and workings. Killed my PC couple times when novice but that's what it took to learn.
                                          Then worked for a big telecommunications company and began my own repair shop.
                                          Sadly, left working on PC's and got working professionally on vehicles, BTW many electronic stuff to work on good for me know how they work.
                                          But now I am back and strong again on PC work and networks, my latest achievement recapping an ASUS PTGD1 a big success works awesome, thanks to badcaps forum.
                                          Now to do more recapping and of course keep on reading posts to nurture my knowledge.
                                          A Picture of subject is always Welcome

Things saved from the e-landfill:
                                          Vizio VA26LHDTV10T 26" - Bad EEPROM Cap
                                          Asus PTGD1-LA Full Recap - Cha1 DDR socket damage
                                          MSI PM8M3-V Unstable CPU Recap CPU VRM circuit
                                          ViewSonic VA712B - still working on it
                                          Kindle Fire USB Connector
                                          MSI G31M-F Full Recap - Record Breaker done in 3Hrs.
                                          MSI P67A-G43 BIOS chip Reprogram - Tested and Happy

The list will go on thanks to the people of this forum and many hours of reading.

Comment

Working...
                                          X