X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello All,

my Name is Alan. Ive been reading here a long time, now its time for my first post.

The cap on the picture is part of the audio crossover of some old, but still popular speakers. They used polarized types, though. And yes, this is the datecode at the bottom, it says March 1984. TGL was the standards organisation of that time in Eastern Germany. This cap was made by Frolyt, not too far from the place I where I live.

Cheers!
    Attached Files

Comment

hello,
      this is my first post

I was reading here for a while.

I repaired a few monitors with bad caps.

3 monitors I could not repair, so I am here to learn more about electronics and fix these 3. And in future I should be able to fix everything, I hope

Comment

Hi, My name is Tyler and I will be attending Case Western Reserve next year majoring in Electrical Engineering. I am working on two stereo receivers right now which I suspect have bad caps as they are 30+ years old, Some of the caps are of odd values so I need some guidance as to how to find them at a reasonable price.

Comment

Hi to all , great to be here.

Comment

Hello all,
            Thanks for letting me join, looking forward to gaining a bit of knowledge.

Comment

Hi Guy's,

I also decided to join this forum for I was searching the web for advice on repairing my 50” Samsung plasma. This forum seems to have a plethora of information and links to help us folks repair our equipment. I have some basic knowledge of electronics, extensive experience with a soldering iron. I truly love fixing or jury rigging something before I decide to go out and buy new.

Will be posting my latest project shortly, a 50” Samsung plasma that I got for free and has video issues.

Look forward to the discussions and learning from the experts on this forum.

Kind Regards,
              Jon

Comment

Hi people,
                I stumbled upon this forum a couple of days ago after receiving a faulty TV as part payment to a job I did (yes, I had been drinking) anyhow, name's Dave, from the UK and I started on this frustrating and occasionally satisfying electrical/electronic madness when at 16 was mad enough to purchase an oh so reliable Atari 520 with a wonderful backup service.
                Like to pick up a bit of knowledge along the way so if I ask stupid questions, post in the wrong place and submit incorrect pics to a topic then do not be too cruel, just ban me.

Comment

hello, I primarily repair 1940s and 50s televisions, but from time to time find myself working on solid state stuff. I like to post my experiences in the hopes that it will help others.

Comment

Hey Folks,
                    Long time lurker when I needed pointers, first time user. I really enjoy rescuing old components from the e-waste bin. I've had pretty good luck getting laptops and a few TVs up and running. Can't offer too much advice as I've pretty much gleaned everything I know from here and other sites, but I'll do what can.
                    Cheers,
                    Alex

Comment

hey! found this site while trying to figure out whats wrong with my sony tv and figured its worth a shot to join because I read some great responses to some other user questions. Will post my issues and see if anyone has thoughts.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Hello my name is ronald

Even before the page had visited as a guest looking for a solution before a problem with a crt monitor some years ago. I am computer maintenance technician and always look for new knowledge.

Sorry for my bad English in advance

Comment

Hello,
                          I found this site while looking for the answer to solve my issue with my Samsung TV.

Alot of GREAT info here!!

Comment

Hi, guys hope this forum helps me in fixing electronics and computer hardware problem, been out of electronics repair for a while, but now its good to be back with the help of the guys here in this forum. Tnx

Comment

Hello all,
                              I found this site while searching for a fix for my son's lcd TV. After reading the threads, I decided this is the forum I need. I live in Syracuse NY area with wife and 3 son's. youngest starts college this Fall. I am a die-hard D.I.Y. hobbyist from cars to appliances, decks, pools and TV's. You name it, I'll I'll try to fix it. Relatively high success rate. I am a Healthcare equipment much Field service manager for Upstate NY. Current project is insignia NS32LCD but I am sure it will not be my last. Thanks for hosting such a great forum!-Kevin

Comment

Hi I am new on here from sunny Scotland in the UK. Hopefully I will get some good advice from all you good people. Had a look round the forums before joining seems to be a lot of good info on various problems.

Comment

Hi all i'm new to this site and like trying to work and fix electronics hoping i may be able to get help here and psssoibly help others

Comment

hi iam only a student and a newbie in electronics repairing, i'm pujack from southeast asia.

Comment

Hi everyone, am getting older by the day and really should know alot more than I do.
                                      Was googling for info on bench supplies and stumbled across a few posts on your forum..WOW..you guys are smart..In a couple of pages you guys cleared misconceptions I'd had for years and taught me many tricks I didnt know.
                                      Will be an honour to be a part of your community.
                                      I only wish I could be as useful for all of you as you have already been for me.

Matt

Comment

Hello My name is Pete and I have been browsing these forums for a while.

For the last few years I have been into retro video game console mods/repairs.

I have done this to keep my skills up as I changed careers from Electrical Fitter to Electrical Drafter in the mining industry.

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Working...
                                          X