X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello
    Learned quite a bit browsing the different posts. Trying to update my electronic skills and figure out what is wrong with a couple bad LCDs I talked my self from not disposing of.
    Cheers to you all.

Comment

Hello everyone.

Havn't posted on a message board in a long time but I really need some input on a TV problem so I'm posting this to have access. Great site so far, seems very helpful and I know someone here can help me figure it out. i will post it in the appropriate forums.

Thanks

Comment

I have 3 dead LCD TVs. I registered to fix them with lots of help hopefully.

Comment

Hi. My name is Josh. I live in Texarkana, AR. I'm not 100% sure that I should be a member because I have no knowledge of the technical side of computers at all. I'm one of those "fix it" guys. I've been taking things apart and fixing them since I was a little kid. Just a good feeling to able to fix something that was otherwise broken.
          I was actually searching the web to gather information on a Samsung television that isn't working and couldn't access some pictures that someone posted related to that topic, so I became a member to learn more. It's very pleasing to find a forum with members who are willing to share information in order to help the " do it yourselfers" like me. That being said, I want to say thank you all.
          I am 29. Will be 30 in a few days. I mostly work on cars and trucks. (transmissions & engines) The most experience I have with electronics is I successfully replaced bad capacitors in a 46" Samsung TV a few months ago that had vertical lines all over the screen. So, I may not be of much help, but I am definitely looking for some help. Haha.

Comment

Hello all,
            37 yr old diy'r from Upstate SC.
            Have been fixing just about anything I can get my hands on for about 20 years.
            Started back when I was a kid with our Commodore 128 baby!!! Yeah!
            Professionally I am an ASE Certified Automobile Technician. But at heart I am a tech junkie.
            Started here a few months back looking for some info on repairing a friends TV. 3 televisions later I thought I might wanna say thank you for all of your useful info. Haven't had to ask a single question yet as all info has been common problems..... But thank you guys for sharing all of your helpful knowledge. I would still be stuck if it weren't for you. Eager to learn, not gonna be much help unless you have a Auto question, and then Good Luck....lol
            Thanks for having me,
            Glad to be a part.
            Richard

Comment

Hi. My name is Simon. I am currently a mechanical engineering student. I've came here to learn about/how to fix my TV. With tuition and other expenses, I thought I would try to fix it myself and use it as practice.

Comment

There seems to be good folks in here.

Comment

Hi, Just a guy with a tv not working and hoping to self fix.
                  Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

Hey! Good to meet you guys.
                    I'm Taj and I'm awesome,
                    I've been taking apart and soldering on electronics since I was in the 1st-2nd grade.
                    I run my own shop working on cars/motorcycles. I do mechanics/bodywork/paint/fabrication/custom Turbo & EFI tuning. I'm a do-it-all builder, and computer guy.
                    Right now I've been trying to repair my Panasonic Plasma TV (common 10-blink & 2-blink issues, won't turn on)

Comment

Hello all.

New member seeking help in troubleshooting a Vizio.

Been a Ham radio operator for 45 years and also have an EE.

Steven.

Comment

hi, i´m sessarhack, i´m a laptop/plasma tv/lcd/reballing technician trying to learn more everyday.

I´m from mexico, i´m avaliable to help who need my help, i have mid repair skill in plasma and lcd tv´s and monitors.

I made my own lcd monitors with laptop panels to tv, making portable to car or other uses.

i will share my advances to help other user.

cheers!

Comment

Hello,
                          I am sergei, electornics engineer designing all kind of eqipment (RF, RFid and ocassionally needing to fix some kind of hardware I purchased like monitors and other consumer products...

Comment

Hi all,
                            new user needs help

Comment

Hello All

Hi My name is Samir i am 28y old.i Came here to learn More abt all electronics Related......

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Hi Guize.... I normally work on repairing mobile phones but tackle anything..
                                  I have one major downfall in my life. I cannot throw any thing away and believe everything to be fixable. Hehe! I will not let this disposable world beat me.. Up to now I can proudly say it hasn't..

Comment

Hi found this site looking for power board and joined
                                    It there's a lot of knowledge here time to read .

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm tom from northern california and I'm hoping to learn more about PSU design.

Comment

Hi, vsf815 here.

In H.S. I took an electronics class where after learning the "very" basics of electronics we made a three channel color Organ. It's was hot stuff in 1972. The instructor designed the circuit & made the PC Boards. We worked in groups to shop out & buy the parts looking at the price breaks. If you need 120 transistors & the next price break is at 140 sometimes the overall cost is lower buying the 140 and the school has extras for the parts bin. I Gus's I learned more about buying than electronics since I have been a purchasing agent for a contractor for the past 20 years. I bought my 1st computer in 1986. It was an Apple IIe clone made by Franklin Computer. It had 640K of RAM, A & B 5-1/4" floppy drivers, and a Black & Amber monitor. When I was deciding on which type of computer to purchase I learned that there were over 10,000 programs available for the Apple & only about 300 for the IBM PC. I determined the future was where the software was & bought the Franklin. I soon learned That not all software is of value & I bought my 2nd computer less than a year later.

My interacts include, Experimental Rocketry (see rrs.org & friendsofamateurrocketry.org ), UAV'S (see diydrones.com), Expermintal Aircraft ( see eaa.org ), computers, science, and just about anything else. I am not an expert in any field but I can hold my own in many fields.

Comment

Hi, Hello, Im new to this Forum - Max

Comment

Working...
                                          X