X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,

I'm new from Singapore. My LCD's capacitors are always burst every 3 years or so. So I need to learn to change to good quality caps. Thanks.

Comment

hi my names robert im a pc junkie and broke lol so i buy alot of used parts that break on me and im tired of not knowing exactly how to fix them lol

Comment

Hello,

My name is Norm and I generally don't get into component level stuff. I'm more of a machine control PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) guy. Anyway, my father in law started fixing TVs which he is really good at but not good with computers. I'm tasked with helping him find components for his fixes. I hope to be able to participate and help others with higher level things and also with items I have seen with my father in law on TVs

thanks,

Norm

Comment

Hey, I'm from Indiana and trying to fix my TV!

Comment

Hi
            I'm Frank I studied in electronics at college 8 years ago so it's not fresh info... My monitor died on me and after checking on the web I found out i'm not the only one...
            2493hm from Samsung seems to have a lot of problems
            Anyway looking forward to check the forum to get help and trying fix this thing.

thanks

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is John. I am a software engineer and also PC tech. I have my bachelors in computer information technology and work as a software developer for Michelin North America.

Comment

Hi everyone, just another nerd to add to the technical melting-pot, LOL! Hopefully this will be informative & helpful for everyone.

Comment

Hi, I'm Phil from the UK. Fixing things has always been my thing, and understanding how things work as it is this understanding of how things work that enables the ability to fix things. I started with petrol engines from a young age and moved on to computers when my dad bought me my 1st pc (cyrix 166 CPU) many years ago. Fixing computers and laptops was great but I always find it frustrating when it comes to faulty boards. Yes you can swap a board out for a working one, but where's the fun in that and I always find myself asking the question "what was wrong with the faulty board?" Therefore I decided to learn more about electronics to try and have a better understanding of how they work and hopefully fix some. After reading much about the basics of electronics I have purchased my 1st project, a faulty 37" Toshiba LCD TV and I'm hoping with a little help from more knowledgeable people on these forums I can learn much more!

Comment

New guy, TV problems, looks like a great source of information and hope I can get this thing repaired with all of your expertise!

Comment

Troubleshooting and always needing to find out why lol. Site looks great, hope to help as many as I can.

Comment

Hi, I'm John in Houston, Texas. I teach Physics and have done so since 1973, both high school(first) and now community college. I am trying to fix a Phillips t-con board.

Comment

Hi

I'm here to try to design a system capable of measuring the internal gate resistance of power transistors while they are operating in a power converter.

Comment

Hi all Thanks to give me entrance in this forum ...

Comment

hello everyone I'm Mariusz from Poland
                              Im trying to fix my old laptops and need some help
                              looking forward to fix with your help:P

Comment

Hello, my Name ist Sascha iam from Germany - Berlin, iam a BGA Löter and want to Learn more about TV and other parts

greetz

Comment

Hey All, I'm Ifur12, I'm 76yrs old, started building, repairing and mostly learning about Computers just to try to keep my Mind from getting any softer than it is. Just ran across your Forum, very interesting since my Video Card just blew 5 of 8 cheap FZ Caps. I'll ask some questions later since this is all new to me. Thanks for the opportunity to learn and make new friends. Ya'll take care.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm Elena, and I love fixing electronics around my house. I'm here because I am trying to fix my Philips LCD TV that I bought about 2 years ago from Walmart. Wish me luck

Comment

hi everyone, i'm luis, i learning electronic
                                      thanks

Comment

Hello, I'm Kevin. Joined up to learn about LCD repair.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone. Very happy to now be a member of a forum I have long admired.
                                          After a career in electrical & electronics, I still enjoy these as a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                                          X