This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Justin from Seattle here. I'm a long time computer modder and semi-frequent lurker here so I thought I would register and post!

Comment

hi everyone my name is Michael im a workerholic lol and my spelling is bad

im from jhb moved to capetown im into I.T computers and I work for a place cellrecycle fixing pc and laptops as well as phones

I like my pc and nature and helping ppl out with problems a I like going out to places and just have fun. I do go to church and help there to

Comment

Hi Looks like a wealth of info here... gonna start posting as soon as I can as I got 2 Compaq cq62's with the same prob... ;-)

Comment

Hi everyone, I was searching some info about a tv lcd, I have found this great forum!.

Comment

Ok...so I am a 50 year old Brit from Dover, Kent but originally from Wales, where I studied Electronics in College, but also advanced electronics in Canterbury College, Kent as part of training working For Thorn EMI Megger instruments. I worked as a senior Tech in a small company repairing anything that came through the door, from radio's thru TV's to PC's. I hate Hitachi sets as they have their own quirks, but now am at leisure just fixing friends' stuff instead of them throwing it out. I use a Linux Mandriva PC...just to be different and a masochist as it totally different from MS .
            I stumbled upon this forum by accident whil researching vestel psu 17pw series .
            So BIG HELLO from over thwe POND to everyone....Terry.

Comment

Salutations, all.

To introduce myself, I will start by saying that I am a slightly above hobbyist level techie. My family business was electronic test systems before the Big Three started going bust - The first to go were the small suppliers, so even though I had three tier 1 supply numbers, I got the crunch.

That said, I spent my life taking apart and playing with PCBs and whatnot, sometimes even successfully putting them back together! Mostly, I was an assembly tech for the company, which means I know almost enough to be dangerous, but know better than to screw with what is beyond my knowledge and skill level. Want a wiring harness? Let me at it! Surface mounted tiny caps? Nope. Sorry my friend, can't help you. (This is funny to me because that is what brought me here to this forum!)

The knowledge contained within these posts is excellent. I look forward to utilizing this site as a research station for my own private repair projects, and may even chime in with some useful(?) information when I can provide it.

Thank you all for sharing the wealth of information that is contained here. You've already saved me several hundred dollars (though I am REALLY ticked off that my $3,000 TV died because of a couple of caps I can order through DigiKey for $0.10 each.)

Comment

Hello! Tons of great information here. So far I've only dug into the troubleshooting TVs section but hope to delve deeper into other areas as soon as I fix the problem I am having..

cheers!

Comment

Hello all, looking for some help with a TV and came across this forum. Seems to be a lot of good info, and more importantly users with knowledge!

Comment

hi i,m new to this , have a little on tv repairs ,, and looking for some advice on a few faulty plasma tv i have

Comment

Hello! I'm a solid state pinball nerd that found this site while troubleshooting the infamous Sony 13 blinks on my model KDL-52w4100. Thanks to this great site, I'm on my way to pull the machine apart the rest of the way to check if I have a bulb out. (Sadly at work now and won't be home for another 10 hours to finish the teardown).

Thanks to everyone and will update my findings when I confirm its a bulb or inverter transformer (or its tieback).

Dave

Comment

My experience is limited on electronics, but I work with building automation so I'm familiar with troubleshooting, etc.

I found a decent troubleshooting video similar to the Samsung one I saw on here but more specific to Sony and the LCD panel removal to check the bulbs which I'm waiting to do.

Video:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oZnS...HLf50lul9M8mDn

Again, thanks for this awesome site. I see myself becoming a regular on here.

Dave

Comment

Hey everyone, I just stumbled here trying to find a fix for my Westinghouse ld4255vx. I'm by no means an electrical engineer, but Im confident I could throw in a new board if I can find the right part.

Comment

Howdy Guys & Gals! J.R. from Texas here.

I stumbled across this great site while researching a problem I'm having with my Samsung plasma. I decided I should register since I was finding several folks with similar problems and also found several great tips on troubleshooting the problem. I'll keep reading to see if the answer to my problem is already posted somewhere, but if I strike out I'll post my symptoms.

Thanks to all of you who keep this form up and running, and also thanks to those who share their expertise!

J.R.

Comment

Hello all,
                              I am from Marion ,Iowa. I really enjoy the site I found it while trying to unlock my Bios, I am still trying unlock them.

Comment

Hi Folks,

I'm Steve from Pelahatchie MS. I happened upon the site, digging around for info on replacing mobo caps but, have stumbled into what may or may not be another problem with my old, temporarily retired system - the Themaltake PSU. Intend to post a thread, requesting assistance soon.

A little about me: a semi-retired residential painting contractor, HPL (formica) installer, and trim guy, who runs Debian

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm Rick from the Berkshires of western MA. I have lurked in these forums off and on for about a year. A few months ago I started picking up discarded LCD televisions at my local transfer station, bringing them home and repairing them. These forums have been helpful and I've learned a lot along the way. Thanks to all that have been kind enough to share their knowledge. Hopefully I can do the same as I progress.

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hi New member here I have been into hobby electronics all my life age 50 something now
                                      No job so I was offered an opportunity to repair LCD TV'S from a local recycling company
                                      Some of the info on badcaps I already knew and other stuff is new to me (never stop learning) since I will be in need of parts I am asking anybody about good place to buy parts. shopjimmy.com is currently out of the light inverter I need for a toshiba model 42rv535u tv I was looking online at other places to buy it but I am not sure if the web site's are reputable to buy from. Hope someone can help . I will add more info to my profile later time permitting since most of the time I am on a 26.4 baud dialup and some pages on some websites can take 20 min to come up Thanks for listening to my ramblings

Comment

Hello !
                                        I am Nikolas from Greece. Tried to recap an old motherboard today but without success so i came here for info and help .

Comment

Hi,
                                          I'm a marine engineer that deals mostly in control and power electronics at work, at home I play with amateur radio and fix electronics as a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                                          X