This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Long time lurker at last signing up for the forum.

I primarily work in IT though I get a lot of jobs repairing general electronics as well. Replacing bad caps and damaged jacks fills a lot of my time. Last year I got into 70s era scopes as well so I've been working with those a lot recently.

Comment

Just wanted to introduce myself. Found this site due to having problems with my vizio e601i-a3 and researching the t con panel.

Comment

Hello all ~

I recently began a repair on a Hitachi P50H401 and found this website extremely helpful. I decided to register both to learn more and to share what I have discovered on my own so far.

I'm looking forward to gaining more expertise and getting this television (and likely others to come) up and running.

Thanks in advance for all of your assistance and advice.

KCA

Comment

hello.
          Just wanted to introduce myself and say that this site has helped me in some repairs of laptops , so I decided to join this wonderful community .

Comment

I am a new member. I have many interests, and have registered on many forums,
            and some I visit frequently, and others only when need arises. I have been using this forum for info for many months now, and I am very impressed. I have had a romance with electronics since I was a child, but I was afraid of this love, this passion, and ran the other way for many years, but finally, I am captured. I am no longer afraid of the "overhead" of this entrancement, and these days, I am diving in head first. I have a work bench in my shop with all kinds of discrete parts, binned, and printouts of my favorite datasheets, which I peer into for hours at a time (or at least until my lady draws me upstairs with an indecent proposal.)

My favorite quote is, "I love the smell of solder in the morning."

Oh, I'm also Asperger's, so I should fit into this tribe just fine.

Hamlet

Comment

Hello all,

New member here. I've already found the forum very useful in troubleshooting a Panasonic plasma TV (TC-P50G25), so...thanks!

I'm from a mostly audio background (record producer/engineer) with quite good experience in DIY build & repair (I can use tools, follow instructions, and diagnose obvious problems) but only a beginner's knowledge of deep electronics.

So far this looks like a great community, and I'm happy to join!

Comment

Hello everyone, :ура: I am pleased to join you.I am Dragoslav from Serbia.

Comment

New guy here too ! Nice site

Comment

Hello all,
                    After 37 years in hitech decided to get back to some of the fixing that I enjoyed so much. Already fixed one Samsung LED TV with bad backlight strips. So now on to the next project. Just picked up a defective 60" Samsung Plasma with a born date of December 2012. Hoping for some assistance in isolating the bad part. Will post thread with details and pictures.

Comment

Hello, I've found this site very helpful and decided to register to ask some questions and hopefully be able to eventually contribute.

Comment

hello guys! im gsmgwapo, from philippines

Comment

I am Aashish Shrestha. I live in Berkeley, USA and run a very small shop repairing electronics highly interested in learning repairing boards using schematics.

Comment

Hi everyone, i'm from Belgium and i'm very pleased to be here. I hope this can halp me à lot to repair à macbook pro mid 2009 and who know, perhaps doing this as my job further.

See ya

Comment

Hi all, well this is my 'mandatory' introduction.

Lee from Australia (UK) originally, always had an interest in 'tinkering' whether it be modding/hacking or attempted repairs...

Hopefully those on this website with more experience than me can help me along the way.

cheers.

Comment

Hi there, My name is Gary and I am new to the forum. I have a Vizio E4704L that stopped working and I was looking for a little help. I like to dabble around in electronics with a limited knowledge... I guess just enough to get into trouble. So hopefully some can help me out. Thanks.

Comment

Hello All! - Forum Newbie here, typing the obligatory "getting to know you" letter! I've been a Communications electronic technician for US Air Force for the past 38 years, mostly in overseas locations. Unfortunately, at work we are not allowed to repair our circuits down to the component level. Even if the problem is obvious, such as swollen capacitors, or burned resistors, we are required to send the defective circuit boards to an organization who sends them to either the original manufacturer, or another official repair center. I have repaired a few LCD TV's, simply by checking voltages and swapping out circuit cards. I have had two Samsung TV's that experienced weird symptoms that I isolated down to overheating. With the TV laying face-down on a few towels on my kitchen table, and the back cover removed, I noticed a heat sink on the video processing card that was quite warm. I also noticed that the TV experienced no problems when the rear cover was removed. Some of you purists may cringe, but I "fixed" the overheating problem by carefully measuring where the heat-sink was in relation to the top and the side of the TV, and with a straight-edge and a sharp knife, I cut a square HOLE in the rear cover that aligned over the heat sink. My TV has been working great for the past 6 months, and a second Samsung TV has been working great for 4 months with this easy "no electronic knowledge required" fix. I wnat to gain more component-level troubleshooting experience, and hope that the knowledge that I gain from this site will help me. Bye For Now!

Comment

Greetings, I am a new member who has a with my LG 50PA4500.

I am new to TV repair but have done some work on vintage audio.

Thanks,
                                    Jeff

Comment

hello

Comment

Wow. 600 pages of intros is pretty impressive.

I'm here because I have a solar powered RV and need to be able to power my wife's laptop. It doesn't make much sense to take a 12v DC source and invert it to 120v AC, only to convert it back to 19.5v DC. Unfortunately, most 12v laptop car chargers max out at 90 watts. The hard part isn't finding a suitable power supply, but getting the laptop to recognize it as a genuine Dell product.

Luckily, you guys have already done this decoding the ds2502 chips on multiple threads so hopefully I'll have a build thread to post in a couple weeks.

Comment

Hi all. Bill here...

Comment

Working...
                                          X