This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi guys, I started fixing Tvs as a hobby, now I do it to make extra money. The info posted here is awesome. Glad to be a member.

Comment

new memeber, signed up to get an opinion on what to do next for my LCD monitor makign a high pitch sound.

Comment

Hello all. Just joined as a new member. My name is Nabeel and I live outside of Chicago in Joliet, IL. Married with a couple kids. I got my electrical engineering degree from Michigan State University in 1996. Like most people in my class, I went into a line of work that had nothing to do with my degree...IT. In fact, I am still doing IT today. My day job is a Manager of a datacenter engineering team for a Insurance software automation and management firm. I have always kept my true engineering side going with hands on repair and very minor design work. I gravitated specifically to audio electronics (amps, tuners, etc.). I am proud to say that in January of this year, I opened a small side business called The Speaker Port (www.thespeakerport.com). I specialize in audio repair/restorations of vintage/home/pro/mobile audio products. I have been a member of AudioKarma for a while and came across this site recently and thought I would join up as there were many interesting posts here. Anyway...good to meet you all!!

Comment

Hi, I am Marian from Slovakia, doing notebooks repair for 10 years and hope I can find here many information and help to the other.

Comment

Hello Guys,

I registered to this forum to learn more about hardware stuff, i have a broken monitor which in this forum has a lot of answers and feedback for my problem.

Comment

Hello,
              This is Aditya here from India into field since 2014!!
              love to interact and find new technique in repairing and fault finding!!!
              This is a very lovely forum i came across full of information...
              hope to enjoy in this forum...

Comment

Hi started repairing as a hobby ,recently found a huge local market need for repairing almost anything ,huge learning curve with electronics but i am willing and able .i love fast cars and slow cooked food

Comment

Hi,
                  I'm Dominik from Dortmund, Germany. I'm studying computer science for a masters degree and I'm hunt for some information about a broken monitor power supply.

Comment

Hello, thanks for the warm welcome.

Geauxtime.

Comment

Hi folks new member here, I'm botards form PH
                      thanks for the welcome
                      hope to enjoy this forum and learn new techniques

Comment

Bobdube here new to this forum - Inlike to repair what I deem useable rather than throw things into landfill. From what I have seen so far there are many talented and capable individuals on this forum. Thank you all in advance for your contributions

Comment

Hi ya'll. I'm Walt, from New Orleans. I'm an appliance technician. I've been working on appliances for about 10 years straight after a break and came across your site from a emu1820 problem I'm having. I have been able to repair some boards in the past for appliances and am looking to continue my ever going education.
                          "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Comment

Hello Everyone!

Full time LEO and part time DIY'er here from Indiana. looking to learn and contribute as much as I can.
                            I cant break it anymore than it already is!

Comment

Hello everyone!

I'm wondering if any of the members read this page. Anyway, I'm new here and a bit newish to plasma tv's, but not new to electronics. Don't be mad at me when I ask stupid questions

Cheers!

Comment

Hi,
                                I'm Igor from Brazil. I'm an electronics engineer, studying a masters degree and I'm looking for some information about laptops repair.

Comment

Hello, name is Jim. I'm a ham radio guy, my callsign is n4be. Melbourne, Fla. I'm a retired Electronic Engineer, MSEE '72 from Clemson. Just replaced the Tcon board in my Sony KDL46 Bravia and now it works! Had to buy it all the way from a guy in China. Interested in knowing why Tcon boards fail. Is it due to heat, bad caps, other? Thanks.

Comment

Hi, I am Florian from Romania.I work in electronics: TV, radio decoding, monitors, etc.

Comment

Hi, im from saba, dutch Caribbean. Not new to some electronics repair, hope to get some info on repairing an Led tv.

Comment

Hello, I am Payton (P8N) and I am learning to repair mobile and smartphones

Comment

Hi guys!

New to the forums. Managed to stumble upon it when searching for some tips on how to troubleshoot my Samsung tv. Couldn't believe the amount of into on these forums. Looking forward to browsing and hopefully can do some contributing one day

Comment

Working...
                                          X