This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best cheap/free scores 1.1

found another pair of E5472 CPU's for 50 bucks.....jeez PC hardware is getting cheap. Can get 16gb of FB memory for $30, 32gb is about $130....

The X8DTI, I have a longer range plan for.....as my main rig may pass down the 2.2GHz Nehalem's (E5520) it has....
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Lucky F***ing bastard! I feel like north korea with my old ass shit... Barely x64 with PCIe in the best case... Sounds like once I have money (read: fall 2015 or later) I have some work to do... and more than just a different case.
      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermicro-S...torefresh=true

SCORE!!!!

How you like them apples?

I have a paycheck coming in two days, which is over double what I spent. hell, that's the same case YOU have topcat. Ha. Ha. Ha.

edit- shipping for me was only $7.50.
        Last edited by ratdude747; 10-16-2014, 11:40 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermicro-S...torefresh=true

SCORE!!!!

How you like them apples?

I have a paycheck coming in two days, which is over double what I spent. hell, that's the same case YOU have topcat. Ha. Ha. Ha.

edit- shipping for me was only $7.50.
          Case is a little rough, door is missing, mine are a little newer (I have 2 of them actually), removable SAS trays....but yea, same design. You'll love it. Best case ever to work inside. Spacious....but it is a beast!! Too bad that board doesn't support paxville's, I have a pair I don't need anymore.... Atleast you'll get to step into 64-bit!! Movin' on up!! Nice score!
          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
          Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
            Case is a little rough, door is missing, mine are a little newer (I have 2 of them actually)....but yea, same design. You'll love it. Best case ever to work inside. Spacious....but it is a beast!! Too bad that board doesn't support paxville's, I have a pair I don't need anymore.... Atleast you'll get to step into 64-bit!! Movin' on up!! Nice score!
            Ever since main rig V3 (I'm on 3.5) I've had 64 bit... What this may or may not replace wasn't 64 bit, making my only two non-x64 systems my fileserver (which could be but I don't feel like fixing what ain't broke) and my old Dell Precision M70 (which needs a keyboard but runs great otherwise). Not to mention my dad's old Laititude D610 (which he refuses to let me upgrade, I have newer stuff SITTING).
            sigpic

Comment

geez, i'm jealous of those FBDIMM prices, i have a poweredge 2950 gen II that only has 2gb of ram and it would cost me ~$50 per DIMM for 4gb dimms D:

that and it needs new cpu's, definentaly ditching that 5100 series dual core

p.s. Ratdude i feel your pain, switching between a bay trail atom tablet and a 3.4ghz pentium D with 1.5gb of ram and a shoddily recapped 7300LE (roughly substituted capacitors). i put a screw through my W510's keyboard ribbon and am waiting on $50 to replace the keyboard, expensive mistake D:
              Last edited by luke10050; 10-17-2014, 01:14 AM.

Comment

After a year and a half I finally got a new camera. My old one died back in July and I've been wanting to upgrade for a while anyways.

Picked up this Nikon D90 for $350 complete with the 28-105 lens, 3 OEM batteries, 3x 4 gig SD cards, new bag, box\manuals for the body and the charger. Not the worlds cheapest but for everything included it wasn't bad.

Really nice to have a camera to take decent pictures with again.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Compgeke; 10-18-2014, 10:17 PM.

Comment

It isn't much but got it for $20 from a ECycler locally which is a decent price for what it is.

Good excuse to use the Corsair XMS-Pro and OCZ DDR sticks from my old system build. Figured the idea of using it for a persistent L2 disk cache would be a perfect fit for it. Doesn't come with the battery so can simply make one with a few high capacity capacitors. Got 8 Maxwell 10Farad thin-caps floating about just waiting to be used.
                  Last edited by chozo4; 10-21-2014, 06:34 PM.
                  Even crap caps can be useful... such as blank rounds for prop gunfights.

Comment

what is that?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                      what is that?
                      A relic made by gigabyte that never really caught on with the consumer market. It's quite literally a ram drive but takes up to 4x 1gb DDR. Pulls power only from the PCI slot, has a backup battery, and a SataI connector to interface with it.
                      Even crap caps can be useful... such as blank rounds for prop gunfights.

Comment

what is that?
                        RAM based SSD with a BBU to make it quasi-non-volatile.
                        sigpic

Comment

what is that?
                          http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=2180#ov
                          better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

ah, a cheap version of my old mylex scsi cards then.
                            they had a big battery backed cache incase of power failure.

btw,
                            i just got one of these.
                            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm//181188293430
                            unbelievably cheap compared to what i paid for my old yaesu.
                            CB is for kids

Comment

Four free 500 gig SATA hard drives - 3 WD Blues and a Seagate 7200.11. All 3 work, check out fine on SMART and one even has a whopping 25 hours of spinup time.

Also got a TOA A912 Mk II for $1.

Comment

Originally posted by Compgeke View Post
                                a whopping 25 hours of spinup time.
                                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Compgeke View Post
                                  Four free 500 gig SATA hard drives - 3 WD Blues and a Seagate 7200.11. All 3 work, check out fine on SMART and one even has a whopping 25 hours of spinup time.

Also got a TOA A912 Mk II for $1.
                                  Not bad!! I scored 6x brand new 1TB WD Blacks about a year ago for $20ea.....don't ask how.
                                  <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                  Team Stats

Comment

And I though $15 NOS 80GB PATA lappy drives was a good deal.
                                    sigpic

Comment

if you need pata drives, i found this solution!
                                      http://www.dx.com/p/cy-sa-106-msata-...e-white-284789

Comment

if you need pata drives, i found this solution!
                                        http://www.dx.com/p/cy-sa-106-msata-...e-white-284789
                                        Umm no, If anything I have an excess... read a handful of posts up as to why.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Another good day, got a pair of Altec 887A speakers, a Mac Mini and a Mac IIcx for $3.

The Altec speakers sound pretty awesome. They have pretty nice bass for their size although I'll try pairing them with my sub (Velodyne VX10B) as while the bass is nice it's lacking in the really low. Only downside is the wood needs straightened and refinished but I can manage that on my own.

The Mini works fine. It has a 1.66 GHz Core Duo, 2 gigs ram and a 320 gig hard drive. Whenever I get a house I'll throw a Core 2 Duo into it and put Lion or Linux on it - it'll make a nice Mac file recovery setup or server.

And I have the IIcx images in it's own album due to how many I have.
                                          http://imgur.com/a/bq85z
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X