Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove rear panel Sony Bravia KD-65X7500F

Hi,
    I am from Australia, and thank the mods for allowing me access to your forum...thanks.

I have a 2018 Sony TV, and am in trouble trying to remove the back panel to replace a broken power supply board, that I have already purchased.

I have removed all 18 screws from the rear, as well as another 4 that are used to secure the legs.

I had the panel face down on a soft surface, ready to change things over, but cannot seem to work out how to get the back off, and I see nothing else to undo, to do so.

I believe that in the US and elsewhere, my model is probably just known as the KD 65x750.

It is this one, from the sony australia link
    https://www.sony.com.au/electronics/...specifications

Here is a photo of the rear of mine.
    https://imgur.com/a/yHlRpVW

If anyone may be of assistance to me, I would be most grateful for their help.

Thank you...
    Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Re: Remove rear panel Sony Bravia KD-65X7500F

Nick's removing the 65X930, thinking it should be very similar to your model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVftkD0GFoU

Comment

Looks like the wall mount adapters were the problem. I'm glad I watched this video.

Comment

Hi.... many thanks for your reply.
        The rear of mine is completely different...please see previous link to photo.

I am still stuck.there must be some internal clips or pressure points I have to find to release it.

Tv has been off for 3 months, so pretty sure any power in the capacitors should have dissipated?

Thanks....will keep trying.

Comment

only suggestion based on my limited sony (and others) is to work at the low area where you have already removed "visible" fasteners. There are "plastic retainer fingers" on the inside of the panel even though the fasteners are used.... somewhat for alignment purposes but also for assembly construction. Usually in the corners and mid way areas... they are almost like car interior panel retainers (male / female) but of course, less stature / size.... as opposed to small "side plastic tabs" that you see in remotes, tablet devices, small electrical plastic enclosures.

Looking at the picture of the back, I think you can see where the "male" portion of the "retaining fingers" are situated in the lower panel (small indented "dots").
          Last edited by budwich; 05-22-2020, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Ok, I didn't look at your imgur, I very seldom look at photos that are not uploaded right here.

Comment

Thank you very much for your replies...they are appreciated.

On the rear, there are also a number of spots that are raised, or similar to screw holes, but have a polished look....maybe these are where the fasteners are?

This time I will upload the image...I didn't before, as sometimes some forums prefer links over photo's cluttering their forums...cheers.

Last edited by viewerau; 05-22-2020, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Here is a picture of your back cover. There are flathead screw tops under these red circles that holds the top down. You have to slide the whole back cover upwards in the direction of the red circles. Once the cover clears those flathead screws it should come off if it's that type. Sony keeps you guessing.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you brucetv...I will try with your suggestion.

Much appreciated...

Comment

Hi again...no success I'm afraid.

I have prodded and pushed on all those areas and simply cannot get anything to give.

I can get my fingers under the sides where the RF and HDMI slots are, but the side sections seem gripped solid to the areas above the level of where the speakers are. Shining a mini torch through the side panels when prized up about 1cm shows me nothing either.

I guess I have to take it to a repairer just to get it off..that sort of defeats my cost savings plan....

Grrr

Comment

Most of the time when I can't get a damn back cover off I find I'm missing a screw. Take a bright flashlight and shine it in every hole especially those deep square holes where they sometimes have rubber grommets covering them. Also look on the bottom of the tv for small screws holding the bottom down. Sony tends to over complicate things.

Comment

Thanks again,

Here is another collage of what it looks like

I have taken a bright tiny led torch and there is no additional screw holes to be found.

Every nook and cranny has been tested, even another set of eyes could find nothing additional.

This is driving me crazy......
                        Last edited by viewerau; 05-29-2020, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Do the red arrows point to torx screws???
                          Attached Files
                          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

No screws up there at all.

Comment

What are the round marks the red arrows point to?

Comment

Where another poster in the thread said there were some screw heads under that cover area. I cannot see or feel anything there to pop them off of, that may be under that area

Comment

See if it works like that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WtD...ature=youtu.be

Comment

If not that then I think it's as a few have already mentioned: Once you have all the screws out from the back you want to wack the panel from the bottom towards the top of the tv. Essentially there are fixed screws that the back panel is resting on like a picture rests on a screw in the wall. So you want to push it up in the same plane as the tv panel. If you force the back away from the tv you will break those snaps. There are around 4 or 5 screws across the inside the cover so it can take a lot of controlled force to knock the panel off the screws.
                                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 05-29-2020, 05:49 AM.

Comment

See if it see if it works like that one..... different I'm afraid as there are no latches to be seen.

When people say to whack it from the bottom, I can't get my head around it, as the panel cover cannot still move, as the outputs for such things as optical, and where the RF input is, that they extend through the cover, not enabling it to slide up or down. In the pictures,you can see there is both a solid type section above and below the central panel area, and they seem rock solid, stopping any sliding motion.

I can get both edges of the central main cover to lift slightly, but not enough to see any clips there that need uncoupling.

Thanks everyone for the help so far ... I did ring a local Sony tv repair agent, but he was reluctant to reveal the actual procedure, but I can understand him in not saying, as it is his livelihood after all

Hmmm

Comment

Does the top half of the rear panel slide downwards?

Comment

Working...
                                        X