My Soyo SY-K7VTA-B motherboard seems to have good capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Soyo SY-K7VTA-B motherboard seems to have good capacitors

I just inspected the capacitors on my Soyo SY-K7VTA-B motherboard, and the capacitors look good, thus probably OK. The motherboard, at least with the 4/11/2001 BIOS has been STABLE . I never had any crashes for no apparent reason and that motherboard is still going to be in use, in fact, for a web server . I had the motherboard since June 28, 2001.

BTW, I noticed most of the bigger capacitors have a green wrapper with gold writing that says:

WENDELL

1500uF

Those capacitors look good. I can't see any leaking nor bulging, in fact, some of the capacitors may even appear to have a slightly pushed in top, probably a good sign.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

bzzzzzzttt wrong answer.
    wendel is a known crap brand.
    you are just lucky or this board is still new.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't believe that, because I had the motherboard for a majorly good while now!!! The motherboard, itself has NEVER been unstable.

If a crappy brand, there's a majorly high likelyhood the capacitors would have failed already and thus would have crashes even when not overclocked.

The motherboard has been trusty, like a Volkswagen .

BTW, you majorly surprised me, because I searched for "WENDELL" and then
      found NOTHING on this message board.
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

Wendell caps are SHIT! I have 13 Soyo boards here now with bloated/vented Wendell caps. KC8ADU is right, replace them!!

If you want proof, I'll snap a few pics... Wendell branded caps aren't as common as some of the others, maybe that's why they haven't been mentioned as much as say Jackcon, teapo, or any of the other well known crap caps.
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

I have one computer piii500 with Soyo SY-6BA+III or IV with Wendel caps. It has been completely utterly stable for 3-4 years i guess running win98!!!. I mean i have only changed the cpu fan twice due to noise

(came with one of those taiwan oem slot 1 heatsink and fan combos. Intel stock fans from other boards from the same age not had to change yet)

and done no other service on it. The PSU is also some utter crap china brand.i guess wendel changed to some crap formula at one point. my MSI boards from the same era are dead and gone.

i am with RJARRRPCGP on this one, sorry ppl
          capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

UHGGG!! Pictures of fried/vented WENDELL caps coming soon.............. :evil:
            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
            Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by willawake
              I have one computer piii500 with Soyo SY-6BA+III or IV with Wendel caps. It has been completely utterly stable for 3-4 years i guess running win98!!!. I mean i have only changed the cpu fan twice due to noise

(came with one of those taiwan oem slot 1 heatsink and fan combos. Intel stock fans from other boards from the same age not had to change yet)

and done no other service on it. The PSU is also some utter crap china brand.i guess wendel changed to some crap formula at one point. my MSI boards from the same era are dead and gone.

i am with RJARRRPCGP on this one, sorry ppl
              By the way, I DO have another Athlon motherboard with capacitors that likely are another one of the Rubycon ripoffs, that is, with Ks on the tops of them!!!

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=254
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Here's your beloved Wendell caps... They are clearly toast!! These boards were pulled from an industrial setting, they were CNC controllers. However, I have seen bad Wendell's in many other Soyo boards that were in typical home settings as well.

<--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

Like I said Wendell may have changed formula at some point. Will keep you posted if the caps blow at some point but this board is looking to exceed its useful life. I am not down with win98 pcs in the corporate environment anymore. win2k all the way and i can progress backoffice stuff instead of yucky desktop support
                  capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

had a bunch of wendell caps in a swi prototrak box last week.
                    same eteq board.
                    the senstron psu was full of fujjiyu?
                    they were crap too.

Comment

I have been reading about bad caps for a while now, and have been interested in trying to recap one of my Soyo Sy-7VCA-E boards. I have two of these boards which ran for about a year, and yes they have Wendel Caps, one had been kind of flakey from the start so I just figured it was just that one board. Went to put a nic card in my other pc and the cap next to the AGP slot had black gunk coming out the top. So I took a look at board number 1 and sure enough it had two caps starting to bulge. Neither of these boards were overclocked and were built with the same case and psu. I have another pc built with the same specs but with a QDI Advance 10f+ board that has been running great for two years, but different caps and no bulges so far.
                      I have been visiting this site and just wanted to let you know how much help it has been. With your guides I have removed the caps from board #1 with no problems, you made it easy. Now for the fun part. I will let you know if board #1 is toast if it is well, on to board #2. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                      X