Nichicon radials without the X vent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nichicon radials without the X vent?

I recently bought some Nichicon caps on eBay (yeah, I know). These are small 4x7 radial 16V 10uF caps. I feel they are fakes because the plastic pattern on the bottom and they don't have the X-vent stamped in the aluminum end and all the datasheets I have read indicate there is a vent(not exactly sure what series they are....or are supposed to be). I don't really care about the couple dollars wasted but when I let the seller know he thought they were real and he doesn't want to sell fakes. I thought I would do a little research and let him know. Is the lack of the characteristic X enough to prove they are fake or does Nichicon sometimes not stamp the very small radials such as these?

Attached Files

Re: Nichicon radials without the X vent?

Caps that small won't have vents.

Those look like either USV (25V) or USF (16V) series.

Comment

They are 25V and not 16V like I originally said. The USF datasheet even gives the footprint of the plastic on the bottom and it seems like a match and not the typical footprint of Nichicon caps. Perhaps they are legit after all (I don't know if it is worth bootlegging these little guys)?

Comment

I have some UPW1E100MDD6 from Digikey. No X vent, and no flat bung, and N621 text as well. The white printing is strong, not washed out like the fakes.
        Attached Files

Comment

Mine have N823 on them.

My text isn't that bad but does look a little pixelated on the edges. Besides that, all other indicators now seem to point to real and there probably isn't enough of a profit margin to bootleg these little guys and make any money at it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X