Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP G6 DA0R13MB6E1 QUANTA R13 REV. E / No power, No LEDs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP G6 DA0R13MB6E1 QUANTA R13 REV. E / No power, No LEDs...

Originally posted by antony.ag View Post
    yes thank you very much very kind ... but I had to take them in another motherboard how can I measure if they can go well? because on the cards the value is not marked ... with the tester how can I measure the value of the capacitor that I would like to take from another motherboard?
    This would impractical. You'd have to desolder every component you want to test. A resistor could be easy to find though.. Just look for a 220 marked resistor in the same package.

Capacitors are another thing.. You can't measure them if you don't have a capacitance meter. You could get a schematic for your donor board and search one.

Comment

I have this motherboard with this scheme ... where can I get the parts I need?

01015pm00-600-g schematic
      Attached Files

Comment

just search for 100nF and 220pF in the schematic.

As example:
        C1372 => 220pF / 50V
        C1324 => 100nF / 10V

Comment

sorry for the bad welds but having the soldering iron with a big tip I can't do better ... sorry ... anyway I inserted the capacitors and a resistance with bigger dimensions not as a value but as a measure but as soon as I put the current it goes to smoke
          Attached Files

Comment

sorry for the bad welds but having the soldering iron with a big tip I can't do better ... sorry ... anyway I inserted the capacitors and a resistance with bigger dimensions not as a value but as a measure but as soon as I put the current it goes to smoke
            I really hope that this is your personal laptop and please invest into a proper soldering station.

Anyways.. Look at the image and measure resistance.
            Attached Files

Comment

ehehehe ... thank you so much for the advice ... as soon as I have the chance :-( ... I have measured red where you have marked you and black where the vito go to 2000k but I'm not giving any value ...

Comment

C26 not on straight,EC4 end cap missing needs replacing,PC103 needs replacing, PC48 needs replacing . Do yourself a favour,buy another soldering iron or a smaller tip and some good quality flux, use lots of flux don`t be sparing with it.
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

sorry you are right ... can you tell me the values of the capacitors to change in order to take them from another motherboard?

Comment

c26 is not right in the sense I have to redirect it or is it upside down? ec4 do you think it is wrong and should it be changed? pc103 has already been changed but I thought the component was c20 and not pc103 putting a 220pF / 50v capacitor ... pc48 is shorted?

Comment

hi, I wanted to ask in order to solve the problem I have to change all those components?

Comment

I have done better the welds now the pubto of the resistance on the left + gnd brings me 150.5 and goes to increase I put the tester to 200k
                        Originally posted by KvnTM View Post
                        I really hope that this is your personal laptop and please invest into a proper soldering station.

Anyways.. Look at the image and measure resistance.

Comment

any suggestions ?

Comment

any suggestions ?
                            Do you have a bench power supply ?

Comment

Unfortunately no

Comment

Unfortunately no
                                Ok..

Remove PC16 and try to power it up. If PR12 still smokes PU2 is most likely dead and needs to be replaced.

Comment

ok ... i try and let you know....thanks

Comment

ok ... i try and let you know....thanks
                                    Also measure voltage across the resistor. Put each probe on one side of PR12. Meter should be set to DC Volts.
                                    Do that while it is on of course.. Do it quick so it doesn't burn the board.

Comment

ok ... I have to change the resistance first ... measuring before he smoked he took me with the rester in ohm 22.6 now smoking he brings me 00.1 or 00.2 so I think it must be changed ... I change it and then I measure the resistance again with volt cc

Comment

ok ... I have to change the resistance first ... measuring before he smoked he took me with the rester in ohm 22.6 now smoking he brings me 00.1 or 00.2 so I think it must be changed ... I change it and then I measure the resistance again with volt cc
                                        Usually resistors fail open circuit. Are you sure that the resistor is 0Ohm? Desolder it and measure.

Comment

I have just measured the resistance in volt cc without removing it and it brings me 023

Comment

Working...
                                          X