This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The GOOD Capacitors Thread!!

Anyone hear of KC? I can't seem to find any information on their capacitors anywhere. I found some on Ebay which are exactly what I need. But when I asked what the manufacturer is, they told me KC. I need a 470uf 200V 22 wide x 37 high radial straight leads. They may just be another junk capacitor, but I would like to know since I really want quality components.

...for my power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackthorn View Post
      Anyone hear of KC? I can't seem to find any information on their capacitors anywhere. I found some on Ebay which are exactly what I need. But when I asked what the manufacturer is, they told me KC. I need a 470uf 200V 22 wide x 37 high radial straight leads. They may just be another junk capacitor, but I would like to know since I really want quality components.

...for my power supply.
      Sounds like some silly no-name brand, like the "TLC" brand capacitors xD

This may be what you are looking for
      http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...C5qFUug%2fs%3d
      Are you sure you NEED a 37mm high capacitor. The above one is 40mm high, and 22mm wide. Also, does it HAVE to require regular leads, or could it have the snap in type leads instead? (Apologies for hijacking the thread)
      You should make a new thread, instead of using this one.
      Last edited by ben7; 10-03-2013, 03:36 PM.
      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
        Sounds like some silly no-name brand, like the "TLC" brand capacitors xD

This may be what you are looking for
        http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...C5qFUug%2fs%3d
        Are you sure you NEED a 37mm high capacitor. The above one is 40mm high, and 22mm wide. Also, does it HAVE to require regular leads, or could it have the snap in type leads instead? (Apologies for hijacking the thread)
        You should make a new thread, instead of using this one.
        It is probably one to add to the bad list...?

Yes, I think you are right. I should have probably started a new thread. The one you linked to at mouser should work great, thanks! I wonder how I missed that one, I searched mouser and all I could find was an out of stock one.

Yes, the way the board is I would have to modify it to use the snap in type. I will check the clearance a bit closer, but the 40mm height should work fine.

Thanks!

Comment

My favorite capacitor list:
          Rubycon
          Panasonic
          Sanyo
          Nichicon
          Hitano
          Micon (are in my source and hold one gtx 550, c2q8200 smoothly and not inflated, and the source is turned on 24/7)
          Nippon (because last nippon took a series of faulty faulty capacitors) I like this brand, but I was really disappointed with KZG Series
          Gaming pc:
          nVidia RTX 3080 TI, Corsair RM750I.
          Workshop PC:
          Intel core i5 8400, Intel SSD 256GB, nvidia gt1030, asus b365-a.
          Server:

Comment

Jamicon are fine for tv repair. I've used for many years without a problem.

Comment

I always loved Panasonic. I have fixed a lot of receivers/amps over the years (I used to be really into music, and as a teenager I would always take in broken gear and try to fix it myself, later I would buy busted high-end stuff an fix it).

For music caps, I strongly prefer Panasonic. All of the expensive after-market audio caps are a scam. I love Panasonics. I ahve ree-capped old maranz amps/receivers from the 1970s, and they sound fantastic.

For motherboards, I am cool with all of the Japanese standards (nichicon, Nippon Chemi-con, Ruycon,..., but I do think that many current Taiwanese caps are a step up fron Chinese garbage. I personally think Capxon takes the cake for biggest stinking pile of excrement. Fuhjyyu's deserve an honorable whiff.

Comment

Capxon is leaps and bounds higher quality than Fuhjyyu.

Capxon big input filter caps are reliable. Fuhjyyu not so much. I think I'm going to replace the ones in my Antec SP...
                "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                  Capxon is leaps and bounds higher quality than Fuhjyyu.

Capxon big input filter caps are reliable. Fuhjyyu not so much. I think I'm going to replace the ones in my Antec SP...
                  I'd say the other way around. Have seen plenty of dead CapXon primary caps. All the Fuhjyyu primary caps that I got my hands on were always in spec.

But this is the good capacitors thread... none of this shameful discussion belong here .

Comment

i get panasonic NHG yesterday. it has panasonic vent on the top of caps, also M for matsushita mark but the color is a bit different where is black and white.

is this good or maybe fake caps? did everyone ever hear or use this?
                    "There is no shortcut to be successful. No pain, no gain."

Best Regards
                    Rudi
                    Thank You

Comment

I'm gonna have to say Hitano here. Used them in a whole lot of devices, and i haven't seen too many of 'em blow. Rubycons too, DUH.
                      "Is that broken?"
                      "Yeah.."
                      "Sorry... Can i have it?"

Comment

Hi all. I have a dead 'EVGA X58' motherboard filled with United Chemi-Con PSK series caps and wanted to know if they are reliable. They all look good, no leakage or swelling. Thanks for any help. Dave.

Comment

United Chemi-Con PSK is a polymer capacitor, which don't have much of the problems of electrolytic capacitors.
                          They don't leak or swell, due to the not having electrolyte which would cause gasses inside.

However, it's possible one of them is shorted or broken without showing any signs due to extreme heat (for example mosfets near them shorted or broken and heating everything around) but this would happen with any series of polymer capacitors. It's also unlikely.
                          More likely you have some shorted mosfets or cracked ceramic capacitors or something else.

Comment

I have not had good luck with rubycon at all in a power supply on mine (Hyena total rubbish PSU brand) well i am not sure if it is counterfiet caps or what i am clearly sure it said Rubycon not Rubylon, in a compaq of mine which has rubycon they seem to be going fine exept this one rubycon which 1 capacitor is buldging only a little its definitley not flat however the system is still stable but id go nichicon or panasonic or sanyo those are what i have had for a long time still going good i think Capxon is a ok brand id never get anything from them though if i repair something its always one of the good ones or its one from a old CRT TV which i found on the street or if i dont have it i buy some and keep a few spare of them just incase for something else

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just filled up my parts bin with different values of Samxon GT, anyone had issues with these? Hopefully they are adequate for various repairs, as I have couple of hundred of each of these now.
                                  How to read Samxons date codes?
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by Jooo; 05-06-2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by capacitorguy View Post
                                      I have not had good luck with rubycon at all in a power supply on mine (Hyena total rubbish PSU brand) well i am not sure if it is counterfiet caps or what i am clearly sure it said Rubycon not Rubylon, in a compaq of mine which has rubycon they seem to be going fine exept this one rubycon which 1 capacitor is buldging only a little its definitley not flat however the system is still stable but id go nichicon or panasonic or sanyo those are what i have had for a long time still going good i think Capxon is a ok brand id never get anything from them though if i repair something its always one of the good ones or its one from a old CRT TV which i found on the street or if i dont have it i buy some and keep a few spare of them just incase for something else
                                      Sounds like they're "Rulycon". (counterfeit)
                                      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Each of the good brands have various types. I.E. if I need a 470uf 16v 105deg, which Rubycon would be best?
                                        And which Rubycon distributor can I get small quantities (1-5ea) at?

Comment

You need to learn the specs of the cap you are replacing and then get a reasonably close match. The specs you need to match will select the appropriate series. The most important specs are:

* Capacitance
                                          * Voltage
                                          * Temperature rating
                                          * Case size
                                          * Impedance (sometimes people use the term "ESR")
                                          * Ripple current rating
                                          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                                          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X