X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The GOOD Capacitors Thread!!

Originally posted by Barry56 View Post
    What brand and model are the caps you suspect are iffy?
    Yes i love Nichicon MUSE Audio Capacitors...they would look awesome all over any motherboard

Comment

My main brand of caps that are very reliable to me is Panasonic's and the one's i love the most.

Before i get any flak for posting this brand ( teapo )it is actually good . I have a 7-8 yr old PSU and given it's age they are pretty good after 7 years

Ill post some pics ASAP
      Last edited by coreAngel; 09-15-2015, 07:37 PM.
      Yes i love Nichicon MUSE Audio Capacitors...they would look awesome all over any motherboard

Comment

Siemens! They were one of the best caps in old days... Can't seem to find them anymore.

Comment

Anodia 220 Microfarads theoricals 16V (Has more or less 25 years) 286 Microfarads real.
          I do not have ESR meter, but it will surely be OK, because it is installed (emergency lighting) is not giving problems (24/7 working).
          Attached Files
          Last edited by kevin!; 02-08-2017, 11:28 PM.
          Gaming pc:
          nVidia RTX 3080 TI, Corsair RM750I.
          Workshop PC:
          Intel core i5 8400, Intel SSD 256GB, nvidia gt1030, asus b365-a.
          Server:

Comment

I was opening up a dead sharp microwave and the capacitors on the controller board are of the suncon brand.
            Attached Files
            I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

I saw a guy with 4 capacitor in parallel and the ESR was 0 is any of you know what capacitor that could be. this is clearest picture I could get from his parallel setup

http://i.imgur.com/AU76CVH.png

I have done some search and I found this Audio grade Nichicon UKA1H222MHD

I have read the datasheet but it won't show any ESR or Impedance on those caps I know is 2200uf 50v
              Last edited by M-BX5; 05-13-2017, 12:48 AM.

Comment

If the real ESR is lower than the instrument can measure it'll probably be shown as 0. Putting caps in parallel puts their ESR in parallel, in that particular case, dividing the ESR of one of the caps by 4.
                PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteS in CA View Post
                  If the real ESR is lower than the instrument can measure it'll probably be shown as 0. Putting caps in parallel puts their ESR in parallel, in that particular case, dividing the ESR of one of the caps by 4.
                  test was done with Atlas ESR70. that means the greater the capacitance in parallel same apply for ESR?

by looking this datasheet
                  can you tell me what is the impedance / ESR on this capacitor 50v 2200uF ? my guess is 0.14 from, the data sheet. I learning

Thank you.
                  Last edited by M-BX5; 05-13-2017, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Here's some old RubyCon capacitor with a double C vent.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Look at that pretty cap!
                      I love Rubycon CE-W, I have them in my audio equipment that's ancient and I haven't had any of them fail me yet. I also love how they sound, so I still install them for audio coupling sometimes (reminds me I need to stock up!).

Thanks for posting the image.
                      Last edited by aztekk; 05-31-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Another old capacitor, this time, SamXon with a "basketball" vent.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Late 80s, early 90s??

Comment

Should Rubycon MBZ's be on this list?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...44&postcount=4

Maybe it's no longer updated
                            --------------------------------------------------------------
                            Ryzen 3600x
                            16GB Patriot 3600MHz
                            MSI B450 Gaming Plus
                            MSI Air Boost Vega 56
                            Acer 32" 1440P Freesync
                            Rosewill Capstone 750W
                            Hakko FX-888D Station
                            FX-8802 Iron
                            MG Chem .8mm 63/37 RA 2.2%

Comment

^ Yes, Rubycon MBZ and MCZ should be on that list (despite MCZ being quite heat-sensitive).

Indeed the first post in this thread hasn't been updated for ages. There's many more Rubycon, Chemicon, Nichicon, and Panasonic series that have come out that are very GOOD.

That said, anything that comes from Panasonic, Rubycon, Nichicon, and United Chemicon is good. There are only a few series that are known to be problematic and should be avoided (namely Chemicon KZG and KZJ as well as Nichicon HN and HM from the 2001-2004 era).

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                                ^ Yes, Rubycon MBZ and MCZ should be on that list (despite MCZ being quite heat-sensitive).

Indeed the first post in this thread hasn't been updated for ages. There's many more Rubycon, Chemicon, Nichicon, and Panasonic series that have come out that are very GOOD.

That said, anything that comes from Panasonic, Rubycon, Nichicon, and United Chemicon is good. There are only a few series that are known to be problematic and should be avoided (namely Chemicon KZG and KZJ as well as Nichicon HN and HM from the 2001-2004 era).
                                It's funny KZG get a bad rap.. I have a ton of Intel motherboards from 2007-2011 that have the burgundy KZG's and those boards are still rock solid.
                                Ryzen 3600x
                                16GB Patriot 3600MHz
                                MSI B450 Gaming Plus
                                MSI Air Boost Vega 56
                                Acer 32" 1440P Freesync
                                Rosewill Capstone 750W
                                Hakko FX-888D Station
                                FX-8802 Iron
                                MG Chem .8mm 63/37 RA 2.2%

Comment

They are terrible. They even bulge on their own after 3 month storage in a cool and dry place.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjr1105 View Post
                                    It's funny KZG get a bad rap.. I have a ton of Intel motherboards from 2007-2011 that have the burgundy KZG's and those boards are still rock solid.
                                    Chemi-con *MIGHT* have fixed the issues with KZG sometime in 2008. I haven't seen a KZG with 2008 datecodes bulge in storage and I haven't seen a KZG with 2009 datecodes fail without a good reason (IOW: failure is rare). I've yet to see a KZG with 2010-2014 datecodes fail (they were still in production for a while after Chemi-con pulled them from their catalogue, just only sold to OEMs). However, premature 2007 failures are not unheard of and anything before that I would definitely avoid (2001-2006). Same goes for KZJ.

Comment

Thanks for your insight Wester547
                                      I looked over the Siemens PCU50 computers I repair and sure enough I have not seen a system with caps from 2008 fail yet!
                                      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Wester547 View Post
                                        Chemi-con *MIGHT* have fixed the issues with KZG sometime in 2008. I haven’t seen a KZG with 2008 datecodes bulge in storage and I haven’t seen a KZG with 2009 datecodes fail without a good reason (IOW: failure is rare). I’ve yet to see a KZG with 2010-2014 datecodes fail (they were still in production for a while after Chemi-con pulled them from their catalogue, just only sold to OEMs). However, premature 2007 failures are not unheard of and anything before that I would definitely avoid (2001-2006). Same goes for KZJ.

I have yet to see KZGs bulging on a Core 2 motherboard... *But* it hasn't been 11 years yet!
                                        Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 01-21-2018, 12:41 PM.
                                        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I have KZGs in my Sempron 140 PC from 2010. Not a single problem with that machine or the caps either.

Interesting that Samxon has a basketball type vent, the first time I saw that design was on an Anodia cap I pulled out of a smashed CFL bulb.

Not really a fan of Samxons though, they didn't last two years in a Hisense TV I had - I recapped it and stupidly left the other undamaged Samxons in the power supply (they all tested fine at the time), only for them to pop a few years later, taking out half the PSU circuitry with it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X