Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ue55mu6172uxxh, bn94-12438k

Dear all,
    I have this board defective, don't have led active in stand-by.
    Read IC1604 and see that from begining have only FF data, attached file. (W25Q40CL, vbc7.bin)
    Erase ic and check if ic are blank, all ok.
    Programming ic with a file that i received from lotas (file is UE49MU6400_SPI_ic1604) and now tv have stand-by led active and respond from remote but don''t have backlight active.
    Could somebody to help me with the next steps...?
    Attached also reading of IC1604 after power on when stand-by led are active but tv is not working,..., respond for remote access but don't start backlight.
    Kind regards,
    CM
    Attached Files

Re: Ue55mu6172uxxh, bn94-12438k

can you see picture on screen whrn you use torch light and pressing menu ??
    did your BL come on if you disconnect the mainboards socket from PCB???

Comment

Hi Diah,
      When i use remote access for power on led for stand-by is blinking but mainboard don't start BKL.
      And yes, BKL is active when i disconnect mainboard from power board.
      So, maybe i need to write 24c512 as well but i don't have any dump for this model,...,
      Have somebody a full dump for this model, UE55MU6172...?
      Regards

Comment

Try your corrected dump.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
          Try..
          take look again on this fix... dont hurry with work lotas lol

Comment

Hi lotas,
            All ok, works !!
            Kind regards

Comment

Ok
              With someone else's dump, this will not work.
              Last edited by lotas; 02-27-2022, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Agree, you fill only first stage between 00-00001000 with the same containt - no mater tv model...?

Comment

I have a BN96-46782A stuck in standby that tries to get out of standby every 10 seconds or so, no backlight, no picture. Red led flashes. Already tested with another board and it works fine but I wanna repair the original one. Is by any chance a faulty eeprom? I think its fine but can iotas please check it?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
                    I have a BN96-46782A stuck in standby that tries to get out of standby every 10 seconds or so, no backlight, no picture. Red led flashes. Already tested with another board and it works fine but I wanna repair the original one. Is by any chance a faulty eeprom? I think its fine but can iotas please check it?
                    But you have a completely different chassis, BN96-46782A belongs to the "NU" series three in one (power supply, motherboard, t-con), there were cases of smd fuse burned out at 13v due to a short circuit of the ceramic capacitor on this bus, dump your not much different from others, slightly corrected, check.
                    Attached Files

Comment

But you have a completely different chassis, BN96-46782A belongs to the "NU" series three in one (power supply, motherboard, t-con), there were cases of smd fuse burned out at 13v due to a short circuit of the ceramic capacitor on this bus, dump your not much different from others, slightly corrected, check.
                      I had 2 cases with burned fuse. I fixed both of them. 2 shorted chips as far as I remember. This was was previously worked by another tech and had few missing components. Also 2 caps 470v 35v(those in the picture that you posted above) were replaced. I replaced everything from a scrap board but now the tv makes a slight buzz and tries to start up and fails then it repeats. Every voltage is fine about 400v on main cap, 12v, 2.5, 1.2, 3.3, processor gets warm(in these series it should get very hot). Don't know what else to check. I will flash the dump tomorrow and I will report back. Thank you

Comment

You should also have 5v. Do you have voltage at pin 8 of eeprom?
                        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
                          You should also have 5v. Do you have voltage at pin 8 of eeprom?
                          Only 3.3v on pin 8

Comment

You have no 5v anywhere? 2.5v doesn't look right to me. If you have buzz, I would be checking for shorts on power rails.
                            Also you need around 1v on your oscillator.
                            Last edited by dskall; 03-02-2022, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I just checked 5v is fine as well just dissapears when the tv retries.
                              There is also about 260v on the leds but they never light up.

56 leds in total

Comment

So it seems it's coming out of standby. Maybe shutting down because of backlights. Do you get optical port to light up? What backlight voltage did you get on other board?

Comment

I get 96v on the leds on the other board. Backlights are ok i checked with led tester and with the other board.

Comment

Ok
                                    With someone else's dump, this will not work.
                                    Hi lotas,

if I can ask, I have SAMSUNG Ue55mu6172, it couldn't start after storm, and has the same symptoms, as crym1111 mentioned in first post. Main board has the same model number ( attached ). I tried to upload your fixed dump from post number 4 to IC1604, since mine one was set with 0xFF from the beginning until offset 0x00001000 too. But it didn't help. Its the same board, so it should be the same binary in this IC, am I right? ( original dump in attached ).

When I unplug main board, all voltages are present, BL is ON. After connecting main board, there is 8.98V coming in from power board, no LED, pressing power button does nothing ( it has 1.88V on it, and falls to 0V on pressing ).

All resistances ( and running voltages ) are in attachment 3. Note, there is some 0.2 ohm resistance on one coil. It sounds weird, but one end of the coil is connected to ground, so actually it is not a short ( I really don't know, why it is like that, but well, looks like it should be like that ). I have 3.4V on pin8 of IC1604 , pin1 stays HIGH ( after connecting power, there are few drops to 0V, so I believe, something is trying to read data from it ).

I would appreciate any help with this issue, big thanks in advance.

// EDIT forgot to check one coil in the picture, it has 88.6R to GND, and no voltage when the power is ON
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by YellowJacket; 08-25-2022, 01:38 PM. Reason: forgot to add one information

Comment

Try
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, but sadly, it didn't help. Is there anything else, I can try?

If not, I was unable to find used, exactly same board, but found one with same model number, but different number on the sticker:
                                        Model: BN41-02568B
                                        Sticker: BN94-11958M

I believe, it won't work by switching them, but if it is enough just to flash new firmware and maybe do some other small changes, I can try it.

Comment

Working...
                                        X