Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 50lb6100 flashing backlights unsusual fix!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50lb6100 flashing backlights unsusual fix!

Hello everyone,

Thought I'd share this find for the repair of an LG tv which had started to turn on but would only get flashing backlights. Backlights would flash at a few second intervals, and when I opened it, noticed that only the 3 bottom rows were flashing, the 2 top rows were completely dead. Replaced a few burnt leds (tested with my led tester), put everything back together, tested all led strips and they were all good, but again the 3 bottom rows would go into this flashing cycle.

Read all the discussions on the web and on Badcaps (wonderful forum!!) and most would conclude that the problem needed a new set of led strips (some others would say the power supply, but most it was the led strips).

After testing and checking the power supply component by component and testing every led strip (by the way all leds were good, and my voltages were also good), decided to order new led strips.

Well I came across a youtube video by CuriousITech https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfHPKs4UFfc where the guy shows that the real problem was with the connectors on the led strips, and just soldered them as shown in the photos, problem solved!

I now have a set of led strips coming in the mail, so if anyone needs a set, I would gladly sell them cheap + shipping.

Hope this helps someone! Stay safe and no war please!!
    Attached Files

Re: LG 50lb6100 flashing backlights unsusual fix!

Nice post. Keep the leds strips for yourself as they will fail soon or later!

Comment

On the LB/LF series those heavy lenses tend to drop off as well leaving bright spots. Yes keep the strips since that may also happen and tough to glue back since the alignment has to be perfect. On this series, the backlights flash with backlight issues instead of shutting down unless there is an open circuit in the string.

Comment

There are 2 sets of strips connected in series. If one of them is open, the second one will flash.
        These LEDs and lenses are wearing out badly, installing new strips is a way to go.

Comment

Working...
        X