Samsung UN58MU6100FXZA - Screen flickers and then black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN58MU6100FXZA - Screen flickers and then black

I am new to this forum and I am looking for some help and guidence. My neighbor gave me a Samsung UN58MU6100FXZA tv, saying if I can fix it I have a tv. I have searched on the internet and I am unable to find a service/repair manual for it or any schematics for it.

When I received it the tv did not turn on, nor did it have a standby light. I purchased a used, supposedly good board that was removed from a tv with a cracked screen off ebay. (The seller had a 100% feedback score, but I know thast is not a guarantee.) I installed the board and now I get a standby light and the tv turns on. The screen flickered shortly after powering on and then went black. I then did a factory reset and I updated the software. After a few minutes the screen starts to flicker and then goes black. It takes a couple minutes longer before it starts to flicker after the reset and software update. There is still sound when the screen goes black.

If I put a flashlight next to the screen in a room with the lights off I can see images on the screen and hear sound. If I remove the cable from the power board to the main board the led backlights stay on with no flickering. I am thinking the main board is bad too, but before I replace it I am looking for your help and guidence in case I should be doing something else first. Thanks.

Re: Samsung UN58MU6100FXZA - Screen flickers and then black

"If I remove the cable from the power board to the main board the led backlights stay on with no flickering."
    If that is true then the power supply and backlights are OK.
    Can we see the pictures of the whole backside of the TV showing all the boards?
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I will get a photo. There are two boards, the power board and the main board. There is no separate T-Con board.

Comment

Photo - back of tv
        Attached Files

Comment

Mainboard there https://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn...rsion-da01.htm
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-22-2018, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks nomoresopnys. I'll order one.

Comment

No problem, hope it solves the issue, let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Just to let you know, I replaced the main board and the tv is working. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Nice, thanks for followup.

Comment

have a very similar set UN58MU6070F. This set acts also the same way. completely dead unless I pull the pwr bd cable to main bd. then backlights come on and stay on. I have 9.8 V at standby - pressing power button does nothing. Is there anything else to check before ordering another main bd ?
                    Ordered one from TVpartstoday and it does the exact same symptoms as my original main bd.

Comment

Originally posted by ajshoe View Post
                      have a very similar set UN58MU6070F. This set acts also the same way. completely dead unless I pull the pwr bd cable to main bd. then backlights come on and stay on. I have 9.8 V at standby - pressing power button does nothing. Is there anything else to check before ordering another main bd ?
                      Ordered one from TVpartstoday and it does the exact same symptoms as my original main bd.
                      Flew the firmware "Standbay". (ic1604 - 25Q40)

Comment

?? don't inderstand

Comment

bad thing hijack other threads.. also different symptoms

Comment

back to the hi-jacked thread. My set is UN58MU6070F which uses a "near identical" Main bd. only difference is audio in and out with another HDMI port on the BN94-12410A.
                            UN58MU6100F uses BN94-12410A main bd and
                            UN58MU6070F uses BN94-12484X main bd.
                            either board will work in both sets.

does anybody have a fix for these main boards ? I have 5 of these bds with one of them turning on the tv but the pic is solarized with off coloring. The other 4 don't turn on the set (DEAD).

Comment

Working...
                            X