SONY BDV-E4100 powered off during update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SONY BDV-E4100 powered off during update

Hi guys I have a SONY BDV-E4100 blu ray player that was powered off during an update, I have read the sony guide and it says press function till it displays BD on the screen but its not changing, it only says TV on the internal display and no output to the TV screen at all. I also noticed that when eject is pressed the drive ejects but wont go back in, even when pushed. Can this be re flashed any way?

Re: SONY BDV-E4100 powered off during update

disconnect from wall socket.. open the cover.. disconnect the Disk unit ribbon cable from the MB. insert disk in the tray and with yours finger from the side roll it until the tray closed and laser unit went to top to reach the disk. you will hear tick mean closed. ( you can use 3V external on the motor too by playing by the probe - & + to open the tray or to close it.
    after it closed in place. connect back the disk unit cable and turn on from wall socket see what will happen if the disk rolling or ejected.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply, the disc drive will open after its been pushed in manually when powered off, it just wont close, the main issue is the firmware, can the chip be reprogrammed from a USB stick or cd? or even replaced?

Comment

you never tried as i explained..

Comment

when you say the disc do you mean the cd with the firmware files on it?

Comment

looks like there's firmware there, I suppose you can retry thru usb: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/s...4100/downloads

Comment

OK great, thanks for that, just one thing, how do I install it as I have no display on the screen? Do I just put the files onto the USB and leave it in or do I have to do a key combination or something?

Comment

If there is an LED on the usb stick, then the player’s call will be visible on it (it will blink quickly), but it seems to me that this will not work if the bootloader is damaged (you need to find a service manual, maybe there is a recovery procedure in it), with someone else’s dump is also not will start, because Sony has the firmware tied to the processor (individual keys are installed for each model).

Comment

ok ill have a look, thank you all for your help and ideas!

Comment

Here's something I found, see if you can find something.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X