Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-70C8570U

well, Brand new Used T-CON arrived today and is Dead

transistor Q6208/Q6209 are bad, sourcing parts to repair the T-CON will leave me waiting for at least 6 weeks

Comment

can't you try to salvage those from the "other tcon"... which ever that maybe?

Comment

I wish, but looks like these are the Common Fail Items.

What I have discovered is:

Q6211 PN AO4629
        Q6208 PN 2SD1664Q
        Q6209 PN 2SB1132Q

D6207 & D6210 PN RB552EA

and 1 other common Transistor LTC044TEB <<== this was a Bitch to source best I can do is the MMDTC044TE

Here is the Datasheet and source for it https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...9b06e0e51d.pdf

Hopefully none of the Major IC's are toast.

Right now I'm trying to find a single Vendor in China for all the parts so I can place an order that is worth the time, all my Favorite places here in the US are Titterz on these parts, and I need to find places where I don't have to order 1000 + parts too LOL

either that or make some Repair Kits for these boards
        Last edited by lonewolf55; 01-07-2019, 11:21 PM.

Comment

If your panel is bad it can blow out every tcon you put in.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf55 View Post
            well, Brand new Used T-CON arrived today and is Dead

transistor Q6208/Q6209 are bad, sourcing parts to repair the T-CON will leave me waiting for at least 6 weeks
            not sure I understand what you are saying... you tried it and it failed during the "try" or you tested some components and found them broke.

Further, you mentioned that you were going to first try the new card with the tcon to panel cables disconnected to see if the backlights come on. Did you do this "first test"? If so what was the result?

Something seems not right as my limited experience and reads is that sharp systems shut down before failures occur in the tcon unlike "famous" vizio failures which take out components.

Comment

Good point Budwich, not sure which ones do, the shopjimmy video didn't specify by brand or model: CORRECTION been a while since I watched it, he did specify.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-08-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Video is here, looks like he listed sony and vizio, wonder if it applies to other brands too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTnkOfwBGGE

Comment

First off the Panel cannot damage a TCON if the 4 Ribbon cables are not connected between the TCON and the Panel.

The new USED TCON that I installed was not connected to the Panel and I discovered NO Backlight so I went looking and found the mentioned transistors bad.

This is not to say there is not more wrong with the new used TCON, I never dug any deeper after finding the bad transistors.
                  Last edited by lonewolf55; 01-08-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                    not sure I understand what you are saying... you tried it and it failed during the "try" or you tested some components and found them broke.

Further, you mentioned that you were going to first try the new card with the tcon to panel cables disconnected to see if the backlights come on. Did you do this "first test"? If so what was the result?

Something seems not right as my limited experience and reads is that sharp systems shut down before failures occur in the tcon unlike "famous" vizio failures which take out components.
                    yes I connected it without the 4 Flat cables, they still have not been connected by me, as I still have no PWM1 signal from the TCON.

yes I have read about the Sharp is supposed to shut down unlike vizio
                    where is this shut down detected ?

And IF shutdown happens should I not get an Error code on the Power LED ? like 25

I can force the 25 error by disconnecting the 4 pin 12volt cable from the T-CON or I can force it by disconnecting the LVDS cable.

Basically the Results were, I started testing the T-CON Voltage Test Points for all the BD81000 and found missing voltage on the new board.
                    Last edited by lonewolf55; 01-08-2019, 02:16 PM.

Comment

"First off the Panel cannot damage a TCON if the 4 Ribbon cables are not connected between the TCON and the Panel" REALLY? no kidding? was not specified second off.

Comment

I watched that video some time back too

I did not see mention of the LC70LE847U on that video and the T-CON he shows is very different from the one I'm messing with.

F961FM01 T-CON here as mentioned earlier

Comment

Was just a general warning, many sony and vizio owners read these boards and it more than likely applies to others.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                            "First off the Panel cannot damage a TCON if the 4 Ribbon cables are not connected between the TCON and the Panel" REALLY? no kidding? was not specified second off.
                            I specified it back in post #67

and yes I know many others read here, for Sony and vizio ... I probably should have started a new Thread to begin with instead of just adding to this one as the OP's posted Model number dosen't even exist as far as I could see, but I thought he maybe just mis posted his model number

But it seemed like a good place to start

Comment

as I've stated earlier I suspect the Panel is probably bad BUT without connecting the Panel everyone tells me I should still get Backlights ... so I have been going on this assumption.

Comment

OK I get PE to the BD81000 and that should send VCC 1.2v to Primrose.

the VCC Voltages on Primrose should be ====>>>

3.3V
                                2.5V
                                1.5V
                                1.2V <=== missing, I assume this means Primrose will not out any PWM signals ie PWM1, PWM2, PWM3, and PWM4

Comment

sorry about not continuing about my orginal post..
                                  i kind of gave up on my sharp lc-c8470u
                                  Seems like you guys are making head way and got be back interested.
                                  how are you making out lonewolf

Comment

you probably need to re-look at a few threads since you last look at your post and start over again at doing some "tests" for voltages and "disconnected cables" and then go from there "fresh".

Comment

Hey Guys, this is the only thread I can find similar to a problem I have. I’ve got a lc70c7450u,l. It had a dead main board which I replaced with a used. The original problem was it was completely dead. Would flash three times then 1 quick.
                                      The new board fixed this but my backlight won’t come on now. I have a picture with a flashlight. I’ve tried hard resets. I’m missing my PWM1 signal jumpering it out turns the backlights on.
                                      I’m guessing the t-con board is bad.
                                      Does anyone have a schematic for this?

Comment

You have a backlight problem, do test #3 below, as always BE VERY CAREFUL working with powerboard, DEADLY VOLTAGE on the HOT side, that connector you will be testing is on the cold side.

Comment

See the photo attached.
                                          I did this quickly before I left for work but I'm pretty sure I Got all the pins numbered right.
                                          Everything looks good to me except PWM1 & PWM2.
                                          I did notice all my voltages were reading as negative. Is this normal?
                                          Unless I accidentally had my meter probs connected to my meters backwards but I doubt it 0.o
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X