Need help finding this capacitor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help finding this capacitor.

I need help finding this capacitor for a G.E. washer. 2 of them were on the circuit board attached to the motor. They are 3-pin caps, which is making it very difficult to find. Here are some pics of the cap and the motor tag. Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by apache23; 08-30-2020, 09:46 PM.

Re: Need help finding this capacitor.

you can use a 2pin 10mm snap-in type cap
    but you need to fix the board and probably glue the caps down because you ripped the plating out

Comment

It just a 2 pin 200v 820uf cap.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        but you need to fix the board and probably glue the caps down because you ripped the plating out
        So the 3rd pin isn't used? And yeah, I think I put too much heat to it trying to get it off. I didn't know there were 3 pins, so I got kinda rough with it. Here are a couple pics of the board. It has that silicone type laminate on it that I love so much, so I guess it's gonna be hard to fix. What would you suggest as the best way to fix it?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
          It just a 2 pin 200v 820uf cap.
          So any idea what the 3rd pin is for? Besides confusing the hell outta people like me as far as finding replacements. Not to mention I thought there were only 2 pins on it as I was removing it, so I messed up the board trying to get them off.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
            Also, is there any special specs I need to look for since this cap is for a washer motor board? Or just 200v, 820uf, 10mm spacing and overall size? Thanks btw for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by apache23 View Post
              So any idea what the 3rd pin is for? Besides confusing the hell outta people like me as far as finding replacements. Not to mention I thought there were only 2 pins on it as I was removing it, so I messed up the board trying to get them off.
              "CD294" seems to be an Asian (Chinese? Taiwanese?) generic spec for fairly high performance, 105C, higher voltage, snap-in electrolytics. In nosing around, I didn't see the third lug on other CD294 capacitors, so I'm guessing that third lug on that part might be for improved mechanical stability (vibration is common in washing machines.

But as stj pointed out, you ripped out the through-plating from the mounting holes, breaking or damaging the connection from the top to the bottom of the PC board. If that through-plating is necessary for the filtering of those capacitors you will have to find a way to restore the connection.
              PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
              To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
              X