gigabyte GA-RP55W5 Rev1.1 EC dump!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gigabyte GA-RP55W5 Rev1.1 EC dump!

Hey guys, does anyone has known good BIOS + EC (ITE8587E) dump for this gigabyte laptop please?

Laptop: Gigabyte P55
    Motherboard: gigabyte GA-RP55W5 Rev1.1

Thank you in anticipation.

Re: gigabyte GA-RP55W5 Rev1.1 EC dump!

https://www.gigabyte.com/Laptop/P55W...upport-dl-bios
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi SMDFlea, I need the bin files. Is it as simple as extracting it from the zip file? I read that this method requires post editing of the hex (I am not sure). Or to use a BIOS extractor software (which I do not have).

Can you please confirm? I don't have the schematic of this motherboard, So all programming is done offline and then soldered to the board. (Board has a shorted EC, so I have no idea what the actual size of the EC bin should be). I would like to avoid desoldering, reprogramming and resoldering.

Please find attached BIOS and EC file as extracted from exe file.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Spider1211; 02-26-2020, 09:20 AM. Reason: Files upload error.

Comment

Can you post your bios and EC backups here .
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Find attached BIOS backup. No EC backup since EC is shorted. I dumped the replacement EC chip and its file size is 128KB compared to 64KB of the extracted firmware.
          Attached Files

Comment

Bios + EC .Your win key included with both bios. W - 240000h

B0D version is Non-Raid , D0D is Raid. I posted both as i`m not sure which version your dump is.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-26-2020, 04:38 PM. Reason: Removed wrong EC

Comment

EC works great and laptop boots but I don't have any image. Tried both BIOS + original dump. No luck. HDD spins up but no activity observed on LED. Please advise.

Thank you for the files!
              Last edited by Spider1211; 02-26-2020, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Sorry the EC i posted was the extracted one padded out to 128KB, its not the full EC,just an update. Here is the full EC extracted from the bios
                Attached Files
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-26-2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Still the same unfortunately. Laptop boots but no display and no HDD activity. If I press and hold power button to force it off, it restarts on its own once it turns off.

Comment

Any idea/advise please?

Comment

start a new thread in the laptop forum, i don`t think its a bios or EC issue. Measure voltage on all large grey coils and check DC in and batt mosfets,post your results in the new thread.

Comment

All voltage rails, DC in are present and no faulty mosfets identified. When powered on, the screen can be seen going darker and goes back to a lighter color when power is removed.

I shall create a new thread with more details as advised nonetheless.

Comment

@SMDFlea; Just as an update, the EC you provided works great! I managed to get the laptop back up and running with just one last issue yet to be resolved (post coming up soon). Thank you!

Comment

Does Bluetooth work well?

Comment

Working...
                            X