Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermal camera IRepair RC 10 does not work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermal camera IRepair RC 10 does not work.

Hello everyone,

I bought from aliexpress a thermal camera IRepair RC 10 and it does not work.
    Under Windows 10 it is impossible to install the driver. Under Linux s VID:PID defined in the driver SeekWare.inf is unknown, but we get the name of the devices, visible spectrum camera, infrared spectrum camera.
    A hardware problem is most likely.
    In the datasheet of GL850G from Genesys logic ( HUB - Universal Serial Bus. ) it says QFN28/SSOP28 only supports 24C02.
    But instead we have a C06AB chip, datasheet not found.
    If you own this camera and have information about it you will be happy
    Attached Files

Re: Thermal camera IRepair RC 10 does not work.

Have you tried installing the camera driver with advanced startup option 7, disable driver signature enforcement?
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Thank you for this answer.
      Yes, I have tried all the installation options, including disabling the signed driver. But without result.
      Here is a video of some of the tricks used to force the installation of the driver.
      I managed to install the driver by modifying the VID:PROD of the SeekWare.inf file by deceiving the installer with the vid-prod of the hub and apparently an unidentified device but probably the visible spectrum camera. But of course it did not work with the application.

Comment

Take a look at this website link page for the “GL850G”

http://www.genesyslogic.com/en/product_view.php?show=21

http://www.genesyslogic.com/en/product_list.php?1st=2

I have a question for you did you buy at this website site link or did you buy it somewhere else

https://www.fanscreate.com/products/...hermal-imaging

If you bought it some where else it might be a clone

One interesting thing I have not found any driver for this device

But if you did buy it from the website site I that I posted email there customer support and see what they tell you about what drivers to use
        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 09-26-2021, 08:15 AM.
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply
        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Thank you for this answer.

http://www.genesyslogic.com/en/product_view.php?show=21
          http://www.genesyslogic.com/en/product_list.php?1st=2

Here is the datasheet of the hub, I have studied it from top to bottom.
          https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datash...YS/GL850G.html

For the driver here is the download site, no DVD provided. Site in http ???
          http://irepairbox.com/xzzx

https://www.fanscreate.com/products/...hermal-imaging
          At this address we have photos of two different models, the IREPAIR RC10 and the Quianli (both Chinese) and I regret not having opted for the Quianli, but at the time of purchase it was much more expensive. The price has been lowered since replaced by a new model, much less efficient.

"If you bought it elsewhere, it may be a clone."
          This is a serious hypothesis, indeed the technical choices are very surprising.
          The datasheet of GL850G (hub) indicates SSOP28 only supports 24C02 eeprom not present on the card, but we find a component totally unknown.

I bought this product on AliExpress and the seller is phonefix. To avoid at all costs. Besides, any purchase of a too important value is to be considered with a lot of precautions. The camera was disassembled before sending and it is knowingly that they sent me a defective camera. The cost of a return is such that one hesitates to do it also the pseudo guarantee is an illusion.

Since then I have changed the GL850G hub and the 100uF capacitor but without results.
          Last edited by caribert; 09-26-2021, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Did you say that you received the device if you have not then file a complaint any way it might not do you any good but it is worth a try and would also try to get the right drivers and software to able maybe use it

I have done this before file a complaint sometimes you get some where and sometimes you do not but you have lost much but a little bit of time

https://litlesitegun.web.fc2.com/gl8...ub-driver.html

Also look at this website page link this might help you might have to open the page a couple of times because of all the adds

https://easysiteisland.weebly.com/bl...usb-hub-driver
            Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 09-26-2021, 12:23 PM.
            9 PC LCD Monitor
            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
            1 Dell Mother Board
            15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

Originally posted by caribert View Post
              Thank you for this answer
              The datasheet of GL850G (hub) indicates SSOP28 only supports 24C02 eeprom not present on the card, but we find a component
              I sent you a PM
              Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 09-26-2021, 12:42 PM.
              9 PC LCD Monitor
              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
              1 Dell Mother Board
              15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
                Did you say that you received the device if you have not then file a complaint any way it might not do you any good but it is worth a try and would also try to get the right drivers and software to able maybe use it

https://easysiteisland.weebly.com/bl...usb-hub-driver
                I have unfortunately validated the reception, despite a dispute from this reception for sending an expensive package without any protection. But in fact you should not validate the reception until you are sure that the product works properly.
                I asked for a refund which was refused.

For the driver, the address above is the right one, it is on the head of the camera, IREPAIR RC10 and visible on the photos.

I could not read the message in PM
                Last edited by caribert; 09-27-2021, 02:48 AM.

Comment

I don't understand, you take a photo of any damage, a video of it not working and if the vendor doesn't refund then Aliexpress do. Your item came with a 15 day free return.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                    I don't understand, you take a photo of any damage, a video of it not working and if the vendor doesn't refund then Aliexpress do. Your item came with a 15 day free return.
                    I am happy for you that this is how it is for you, but in my case it was different. After information the cost of the reshipment was 190 dollars. I thought that this camera had cost me a lot of money, especially since I had no guarantee that an exchange would be better, given the lack of interest of the seller for an expensive and defective product.

Comment

I had put aside the fault finding, for having already spent too much time on it. By approaching the research differently I focused only on the thermal spectrum camera, indeed I thought at first that the management of the two flows was managed downstream but it is not the case. Detecting a short circuit of very low intensity I focused on the chip covered by a sticker and thermal paste and in grazing light I discovered a crack that turns out to be a fracture.
                      It is a microcontroller based on the Cortex-M4 of Arm, NXP LPC43S30FET100
                      The deterioration of this component is very easy to explain, by the very design of the heatsink excrescence of the package.
                      Looking at the datasheet of the microcontroller everything is explained.
                      Unfortunately this component is no longer available, except by ordering several hundred.
                      I will look for discarded materials, it has been used a lot in medicine and in the automotive industry, it seems.
                      I wonder about the programming of the component, I imagine that the installation of the driver records the necessary data.

I had started an application managing the two cameras, and we can find information on the management of the I2C protocol, but starting such a work to focus on a single use and now obsolete does not seem wise. I will study more carefully this project.

Comment

That GL850G may work fine without EEPROM.
                        C06AB is some voltage regulator,2.8V or 3.3V maybe.

Can you post some photo of damage?
                        You say LPC is cracked?
                        Those chips are pretty resistant vs PCB that is more fragile.

On that board there must be some SPI flash memory,by any chance can you read it and send me dump?

Comment

C06AB (COxxx) - SY6280
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gabiz_ro View Post
                            That GL850G may work fine without EEPROM.
                            C06AB is some voltage regulator,2.8V or 3.3V maybe.

Can you post some photo of damage?
                            You say LPC is cracked?
                            Those chips are pretty resistant vs PCB that is more fragile.

On that board there must be some SPI flash memory,by any chance can you read it and send me dump?

Thank you for this answer
                            Indeed the GL850G hub can be used without EEPROM, and this is the case for this camera, EEPROM that does not exist.
                            Most likely C06AB is a voltage regulator, 2.8V or 3.3V.
                            Some time ago and by awareness I had changed the component GL850G and the capacitor 100uF 16V, but without effect.

The manufacturer of the camera has integrated an infrared camera from SeekThermal and another normal spectrum camera by managing both video streams, on a USB output.
                            This makes the choices and understanding of the operation clearer.

For better quality photos and I will try to make a macro-photo of the cracked component.

These chips are very resistant, but the design of the heat sink is aberrant and is the sure cause of the damage. You can see a protrusion that goes through the motherboard and comes in direct contact with the component, damped only by a plastic sticker and thermal paste.

I have not located any SPI flash memory, but maybe new eyes will be able to do it, I will make a new series of pictures.

Comment

SPI i was talking about is on Seek camera module.Other side of PCB with LPC chip.
                              On photo 16287602955568_DSC_0164_copy.jpg
                              I can't see clear crack on LPC chip,seems to be some v mark scraped or something like a check mark symbol but seems huge.

edit
                              So you have two USB camera via a USB hub and no one works or get detected?
                              You may try to bypass USB hub and connect somehow direct to USB port and see if thermal and optical camera works.
                              Last edited by gabiz_ro; 11-21-2021, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                                C06AB (COxxx) - SY6280
                                Thanks for the link.
                                It is indeed more coherent.

Comment

SPI i was talking about is on Seek camera module.Other side of PCB with LPC chip.
                                  On photo 16287602955568_DSC_0164_copy.jpg
                                  I can't see clear crack on LPC chip,seems to be some v mark scraped or something like a check mark symbol but seems huge.

edit
                                  So you have two USB camera via a USB hub and no one works or get detected?
                                  You may try to bypass USB hub and connect somehow direct to USB port and see if thermal and optical camera works.
                                  The crack is very difficult to see, I have passed it many times under the microscope without seeing it.
                                  If you touch it with an instrument the corner moves.

The normal spectrum camera works and is visible with the application provided here
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by caribert; 11-21-2021, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Then is gone.
                                    Another one.But out of stock everywhere.

Comment

Then is gone.
                                      Another one.But out of stock everywhere.
                                      I will continue to look for this microcontroller ( NXP LPC43S30FET100 ), it's the only way to save this camera.

Comment

If Mosaic Core (that is what Seek name that) follow their camera design you'll also need firmware for microcontroller.

Comment

Working...
                                        X