Dell P2715Q monitor image issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell P2715Q monitor image issue

My monitor is just over three years old and has suddenly developed a problem where all it does is showing a flashing vertical/horizontal image (see below) that pulses about 5-6 times per second. This is without any input cables attached. If I press buttons on the monitor to enter its diagnostics mode, which apparently puts various colours on the screen, then I can see the white parts of the image do change colour but other than that it looks the same.

I've searched images across loads of sites and can't find anything similar. Any ideas? I did open it up and nothing looks obviously wrong, but I don't really know what I'm looking for. The only thing I did spot is that the larger capacitor in the image below has the visible lines on top of it (the smaller ones don't) but I can't see any obvious bulging.

Thanks for the help

Mike
    Attached Files

Re: Dell P2715Q monitor image issue

I think problem problem is on the t-con lcd panel (panel type ? chip dc/dc converter?). Carefully remove the cover of the closing board t-con, you need to measure the voltage of the control points VGL, VGH, VDD, etc... Signal at the monitor input must be present. Also inform about ic type on the t-con board.
    Last edited by ulyanoff; 09-28-2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the response. The panel is an LG LM207WR2 SPA1, or (SP) A1 as it's stated in other places. Chip appears to be Parade DP667. If the fault is within this area then is this even fixable, or at least fixable without a lot more skills than I have?!

Comment

Sample of control point from t-con. Send maximum info from your multimeter
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ulyanoff View Post
          Sample of control point from t-con. Send maximum info from your multimeter
          Sorry, multimeter problems so this took a while!

I can't find a specific VCC point, just lots of VCC with numbers after, e.g. VCC1033/VCC12.

For the others:
          VDD - between 7-8V
          VGH - about the same
          VGL - 0.9V

thanks

Comment

Found this thread by searching for Parade DP667.

I have one of these monitors too, the symptoms are pretty similar, ghostly white vertical lines and no/little image, but mine is 100% failed rather than intermittently failed.

I replaced both the power supply and the main PCB (found a replacement on ebay), and the symptoms remained the same.

The PCB that is hard-attached to the panel itself has that Parade chip on it, and I assume that it's the failed part since the individual 1.2, 3.3, and 1.8 power supply sections on that board are all fine.

I don't think there is any hope, unless that chip can be replaced somehow.

Interestingly there is a menu that's accessible by pressing up+down while holding the power button that makes the whole screen light up with the primary and secondary RGB colors. This works, but I think it works because it doesn't require any timing.

Comment

Any fix for this I have similar issues with dell p2417h

Comment

I got similar problem, I suspected it is the chip RT6811 on TCON having problem. I bought the chip to replace, hopefully it is the right path.

Comment

the lcd screen is busted...problem with acf bonding.. i have the same symptoms with my 4 year old Dell 2415Q monitor, i bought a new lcd monitor instead .. lcd acf bonding procedure cost is almost buying a new lcd panel with 3months warranty so i decide to go buy a new monitor with 2 years warranty
                  Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

Originally posted by chinsoon View Post
                    I got similar problem, I suspected it is the chip RT6811 on TCON having problem. I bought the chip to replace, hopefully it is the right path.
                    Hi there, did u manage to fix the monitor after replacing RT6811 IC on TCON ?

Comment

Working...
                    X