Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 55UH615 : panel problem, is it repairable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55UH615 : panel problem, is it repairable?

Hello all,

I bought a tv LG 55UH615 that has no picture but sound and backlight working. As an amateur I though obviously that it was the TCON board so I bought one, but still no picture with the new one. I was about to buy a main board, but after a closer look I discovered there is a short circuit somewhere on the panel's right driver board (the one on the left, when looking from the back of the tv). Please look the attached video where I test for shorts on ceramic caps. There is no apparent damage, corrosion or traces of water, the COF looks fine, no traces of heat or burns...

What can I do about it? Do I remove caps one by one, until the multimeter hopefully stops beeping ? Then I replace the bad cap(s)? If so, how to find their value if they are broken?

Or is it most likely a problem with a COF, so I cannot fix it?

I saw some youtube videos of people fixing their panel driver board by replacing damaged caps, but it was caused by water/corrosion damages so it was obvious, which is not my case.

Thanks !
    Attached Files
    Last edited by guix; 03-09-2019, 12:42 PM.

Re: LG 55UH615 : panel problem, is it repairable?

Forgot to update

As suspected, it was a bad cap at the bottom of the LCD panel, I replaced it using cheap "Yihua 938D smd hot tweezers", worked great, tv is repaired
    Last edited by guix; 03-08-2020, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X